Photo

Giving Leviathan a magnet

17 replies to this topic
TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

Is it possible to give the Leviathan a magnet wherever it spawns? One that can lift any vehicle?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

the magnet is controlled by the mission script. you cna give a magnet to any helicopter (or every i've tried so far), but it doesnt seem to pick up every vehicle type, i've only gotten it to work on cars and bikes so far. no planes, other helis i havent tried.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

hmm, i thought the skycrane was a special heli (and not simply a leviathan with a magnet on it). after finishing that mission i thought i'll have a skycrane-spawnpoint there, so i turned around, and when i looked back, i suddenly noticed that the skycrane became a victim of recycling. smile.gif i wanted to try fun stuff with it like attaching the magnet to trains and get pulled by them.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jun 21 2005, 04:29)
the magnet is controlled by the mission script. you cna give a magnet to any helicopter (or every i've tried so far), but it doesnt seem to pick up every vehicle type, i've only gotten it to work on cars and bikes so far. no planes, other helis i havent tried.

You have actually given them magnets?! Well, I must congratualte you fellow modder, you beat me to it, I was fiddling around with main.scm all day long. But please tell me how you did it, I'd gladly appreciate it, and I will make a mod out of it(if you dont want to) and your name would be credited. Sorry if I look like a n00b, but I must know how! This has been my dream for a while, to dunk cops in the ocean with the leviathan.

Bogus
  • Bogus

(A.K.A: Fortune Hunter)

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

Can it even be controlled like the import crane? that would be amazing (ie pickup, letgo)

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

I hope it can, ashdexx, can you please tell me how to give the Leviathan a magnet whereever it spawns? And how to do it for other vehicles? I dont know how to give vehicles mission scripts, like the magnet, for SA.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jun 22 2005, 00:59)
I hope it can, ashdexx, can you please tell me how to give the Leviathan a magnet whereever it spawns? And how to do it for other vehicles? I dont know how to give vehicles mission scripts, like the magnet, for SA.

i don't think you can create an "event" that fires everytime a vehicle spawns without continously scanning the area around the player (which would slow the game down). so my suggestion would be to wait until a player enters a vehicle, check whether it's a leviathan, and if it is, give it a magnet. or maybe you could even check which spawnpoint it has been spawned by, altough that wasn't possible in VC, dunno about it in SA.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (GodGell @ Jun 22 2005, 13:20)
QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jun 22 2005, 00:59)

so my suggestion would be to wait until a player enters a vehicle, check whether it's a leviathan, and if it is, give it a magnet.

I don't know how to even give a vehicle mission script, for SA.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:28 AM

well either you'll need to learn how to do it, or find someone who can, since thats the only way it can be done. its not too complex though -
click here for more info.

TallgeeseIIII
  • TallgeeseIIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

that's interesting, C4 only sticks to bikes and cars ingame too, it goes right through planes and helis. i guess they can't be affected by 3rd party devices (magnets, C4, anything that calls for sticking to the collision model) like that

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jun 23 2005, 02:04)
I don't know how to even give a vehicle mission script, for SA.

same with me. smile.gif i just coded alot (well not alot, but i made 4 mods) in VC and i guessed it can't have changed that much in SA.
now that i've finished the (imfo way too short) storyline, i'll get modding again. biggrin.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (TallgeeseIIII @ Jun 23 2005, 07:54)

that's interesting, C4 only sticks to bikes and cars ingame too, it goes right through planes and helis. i guess they can't be affected by 3rd party devices (magnets, C4, anything that calls for sticking to the collision model) like that

im hoping its something thats editable in the collision files, and not hardcoded..

*waits for SA col editor*

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:52 PM

i'm trying to make a mod that gives your heli the magnet automatically, here is the thead for it: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=199045
problem is, when creating the new thread for the loop, the game crashes for apparently no reason. i have created threads many times in VC and it looks like it's the same way in SA, yet something causes it to crash. if any of you SA-trained modders would help me with that problem i'll be able to do the mod myself (simple thing, i just didn't expect the game to crash if i create a new thread).

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

Where in the main.scm do I put this?
0788: enable_heli $yourheli magnet 1
And can I lift any vehicle with the magnet? Besides planes and helis?

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jun 24 2005, 00:51)
Where in the main.scm do I put this?
0788: enable_heli $yourheli magnet 1
And can I lift any vehicle with the magnet? Besides planes and helis?

lol, it depends on the script. smile.gif
it looks like it can't be used to lift planes or helis, only cars and bikes.

and by the way, yesterday i completed the mod!

download it here: http://195.56.46.139...netmod/main.scm

sighko
  • sighko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

it crashes my sa, any clues?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

you have to start a new game to use it.

GodGell
  • GodGell

shlurp my burger, sir

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (sighko @ Jun 24 2005, 20:18)
it crashes my sa, any clues?

did you try loading a savegame? if so, don't. start a new game. loads of script-specific info is saved into the savegames, and that's why a savegame only works with the same main.scm as it was saved with. hopefully there'll be a tool to correct that sometime, but i don't think it'll be anytime soon. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users