Photo

Are any of the bullet proof vehicles worth getting

6 replies to this topic
Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

I am playing though GTA3 again for 100%, before I was stuck at 99% because I could never do ambulance level 12, but I conquered that yesterday. So now I have a chance to get some bulletproof vehicles, I know of all seven, but the only one that really looks worth getting to me is the Cheetah, I had it last game and it was very good. Why would I want to go though so much trouble for a trashmaster or bobcat, yea it’s BP but it is still a bad vehicle. The only other one I was thinking of getting was the stretch, because it is damage proof and having a damage proof ride would be really cool. But I believe that in order to obtain it you need to use codes, and I don’t want to use any codes in my play though, so I guess that rules out the stretch and most others. In my last game I was able to get the Cheetah without using codes, but I am pretty sure for the rest you need codes, maybe not in obtaining them, but at least in order to get them to another island early for storage. So unless you are collecting all of them just to have them, are any of them really worth going for? BTW I have heard that you can get a damage proof sentinel in either “Dead Skunk In the Trunk” or “Bait”, does anyone know if that is true? If so I will probably go for one of them…

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

The BP Patriot you get from doing all Ray's missions is a good vechile, apart from that, Im not sure

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:20 PM

No, there are no damageproof Sentinels.

There are two others worth snagging and doable without codes:
1) the BP Securicar from Van Heist. How without codes? Collect 30 packages. Then when it's in your possession, store it in your garage and lob one of your grenades at it. When it blows up, you fail the mission, your garage repairs it as well as preserves its BP/FP status.
2) the BP Barracks OL from Arms Shortage. Once you're done with the mission, steal it and store it.

There's no reason to have both. The only reason to have either is to be able to pass Marked Man easily. Why bother with the Securicar then? Because if you don't bother with the BP Barracks, then you can use the Rhino spawned in that mission by pushing it all the way back to your hideout. Your garage will unlock the doors for you. It's the only way to legitimately get a Rhino without cheats before passing the Exchange (except of course braving 6 stats AFTER Shoreside's opened up).

Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

Hmm the securicar may be worth getting as it would be nice to have a BP vehicle so early in the game, but then again the secruicar sucks and you can get the cheetah pretty early as well. Plus I forgot to mention, as stupid as this sounds I am such a perfectionist that I want to have mission attempts at 73 when I am done with the game. So this rules out most BP vehicles, maybe even the cheetah now that I think about it. I guess I will probably get the Barracks OL, I mean why not, it is very easy to obtain and does not require doing anything special to get, plus it would be nice to have a big vehicle that can take a lot of ramming damage be BP. So I guess I will just get the Patriot, Barracks OL and Cheetah (if I can) and then store one in each of my garages so I will have a BP vehicle available on each island.

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

There's always the Rhino. I don't know if you count that as a bad vehicle. You could get it without cheats and without failing a mission.

Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

O yeah I forgot to add, I have heard of a glitch where storing the BP (or even a regular) Barracks OL in your garage can cause your game save to become corrupted for whatever reason. I know this makes no sense, but GTA’s have been known for weird save corrupting glitches like this (ice cream factory in Vice). Does anyone know if this is true? Or is it just a rumor? Either way I dont know if I want to take the risk.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

Just a rumor. However, the -proof vehicles do have a tendency to not stay in memory if you leave them. Before they're yours, they'll even disappear as soon as they're off screen (i.e. right behind you). I've even seen times where your garage will simply forget them confused.gif Not too often, but happens. And no, your savegames will remain intact. To this day, I've never seen a savegame go corrupt and I've played many many hours smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users