» «
Photo

Question about EB Games

11 replies to this topic
Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:01 AM

If some of you guys don't already know. EB Games is being bought out by Gamestop. So soon all EB games will most likely be gone or renamed. (Unless of course under some miraculous event they decide to keep the name around).

So my question involves the PSP. If someone bought the year long PSP Warrantee from EB Games will it still be recognized by Gamestop when they take over EB games? Or since the Gamestop warrantee (if they have one) is most likely different, will we be switched over to a different (lets hope not crappier) version of a warrantee?

It was just a thought that crossed my mind. And I am also going to claim the "can not search" excuse as one for not looking for another topic like this. smile.gif Just let me know if this has been addressed before.

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

That is gay.........EB games is great, now I know why I was able to pick up like 5 new games for $100.
Well I wouldn't say those warrantee's would be still be available as it isn't the same company but hopefully they still will be doing the same thing.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

Here's a silly thought; call EBGames and Gamestop's main offices and ask them. Be sure you get full names and job descriptions from the poeple you talk to and you write that stuff down.

TweakX
  • TweakX

Silent Prodigy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

Well the weird thing about all of this is that even though they are the same company they will stay the way they are. Their names are will stay the same. I hope that answers your question.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Jun 20 2005, 05:34)
Here's a silly thought; call EBGames and Gamestop's main offices and ask them. Be sure you get full names and job descriptions from the poeple you talk to and you write that stuff down.

in case you havent figured it out, most forum members are anti-social, and feel unconfortable talking on phones.

as for the warranty question. when a company is bought like this, they also buy active contracts, otherwise anybody who financed through them would be able to stop paying, so the warranty should be valid. the warranty would be the same as what it was when you paid for it. it is a legally binding contract, and the terms cannot be modified without consent of both parties. monocle.gif

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:12 PM Edited by Mafia Righthand_Man, 20 June 2005 - 03:18 PM.

Well, it would be nice if all EB games branches were to change to Gamestop so I could have one near me and get some good deals. It looks like they are staying though, so you probably don't have anything to worry about. I would give them a call to make sure the warranty doesn't change.

Slick Willy
  • Slick Willy

Grandpa

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:30 PM

I don't think that EB is being bought out. When I first heard the news it was that the 2 companies were merging and they were keeping the Gamestop name. So I don't see why the warranty wouldn't be honored.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:37 AM

I am pretty sure EB will stay EB and Gamestop will stay Gamestop, they will just be owned by the same people. Like in Australia we have EB but not Gamestop so it would be silly to pay to have all signage changed when Gamestop has never existed in Australia so people won't reconise them.

immessedup17
  • immessedup17

Crocodile Tears

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

There is an EB and a Gamestop within 2 minutes of each other by my house. smile.gif

DidierSucks
  • DidierSucks

Prophet of Trashcat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:22 AM

Gamestop? What the frick is Gamestop? Sounds disgusting

I've never seen a Gamestop in Canada confused.gif

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:21 AM

lol. I had something real funny to say towards Mr. Wolfy from above but luckly I went out am too tired to retype it now.

Anways, thanks to everyone who actually helped me out here. I'm not going to worry about it that much now cuz it sounds like they will honor it, no problem. It really was just an idea that crossed my mind last night so I decided to ask.

If needed I will retype my original intended reply. wink.gif

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:42 AM Edited by Digtl vl, 21 June 2005 - 05:58 AM.

Holy sh*t I hate this crap internet sometimes.

and look at the damn time difference! stupid long internet load time.. and its supposed to be broadband...
confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users