• Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:08 PM

I don't really like how Rockstar made the FX quality. I want this:
Low = No grass
Medium = PS2 grass
High = Ped Shadows
Very High = Everything have shadows

If I set to medium in San An, it lags on places where there are huge amounts of objects casting shadows.

Guybrush32
  • Guybrush32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:14 PM

game plays pretty well on my machine, had no real crashes or anything
have noticed though, that some of the Street Racers/Low riders lose their Paint jobs in the garage after a save sometimes.
apart form that game been runnin pretty flawlessly. biggrin.gif

Marsu
  • Marsu

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

Pedestrian Texture glitch... Ugh.

Performance really shoots through the roof when you put FX quality to "low"... Vice city shading butwho cares about that, Renderware engine isn't made for eyecandy these days. If i want supernice GFX i'll play HL²...

pinocten
  • pinocten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

Cannot pick up new weapons/items...

In the beginning I could change the cam with a shovel, knife, spray can and such. Now I'm in the third city and suddenly I cant pick up a knife, which seems to be *quite* important in a parachute mission. And also I cant drop weapons/items for getting place for other weapons/items.

Pretty good game with a sh*tload of bugs and missing options. Damn annoying...

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Jul 20 2005, 10:08)
I don't really like how Rockstar made the FX quality. I want this:
Low = No grass
Medium = PS2 grass
High = Ped Shadows
Very High = Everything have shadows

If I set to medium in San An, it lags on places where there are huge amounts of objects casting shadows.

ideally, all of those would have the option of being turned on / off individually via a checkbox for each. being able to adjust the draw distance for procedural objects, shadows, and the shadow quality itself (the dynamic ped shadowmaps cant be more than 256*256) would be of immense help too. but of course if it would makes sense, then R* probably wouldnt do it that way.

Cannot pick up new weapons/items...

In the beginning I could change the cam with a shovel, knife, spray can and such. Now I'm in the third city and suddenly I cant pick up a knife, which seems to be *quite* important in a parachute mission. And also I cant drop weapons/items for getting place for other weapons/items.

Pretty good game with a sh*tload of bugs and missing options. Damn annoying...

make sure your pressing "tab" when over a weapon that will replace one of your current ones. i can pick them up, but i cannot fire the SMG. at all blink.gif
cj just holds it, never firing. he doesnt even get in the right stance. he just stands there.

pinocten
  • pinocten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:47 AM

make sure your pressing "tab" when over a weapon that will replace one of your current ones.

Shame on me. Havent used this option since the start of the game. So I have forgotten everything about the TAB.

Thanks, ashdexx. smile.gif

SpitRhyma
  • SpitRhyma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:31 PM Edited by SpitRhyma, 22 July 2005 - 09:38 PM.

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jun 19 2005, 21:40)

-The Cars Don't Get dirty, they're ALWAYS dirty. they dont get clean! On the PS2, the cars actually got dirty, and you were able to clean them by going to a pay and spray, on the pc that doesn't happen. example (ps2):

Really I thought I had read that they made it so the cars got dirty but kept the dirtiness with the paintjob -- I assumed they had planned on also making the car washes actually be like a thing like the pay n spray where u go in and come out with the changes

I guess the screen shots prove it and plus I have the game so I can check it out.

As for the game, I think it has something to do with the type of texturing files they used. I think it's that mip-map-crap causing ALL vehicles to look dirty IF that IS what you are saying about the PC version

but then again I have a HORRID vid card so I have had a lotta texture problems n think it's common...

The new sound system doesn't work properly under nforce chipset sound, the sound
hardware acceleration must be turned off to make it work - otherwise it will bluescreen
after few minutes of gameplay, but without hardware acceleration the cutscene sound
is not synced right and radio stations jump in middle of tracks playing like old broken
records.

I've heard of hardware acceleration but it seems to be mostly video related. Is audio hardware acceleration something all comps w/ sound cards have or is it something for Nforce?

I have RealTek but I just want to know...

Also how come I have blank boxes (textures don't load)? this happened to me when I dled Vice City but I somehow fixed it and I can't remember how...

In the menu where it would show menu items it just has blank boxes that would be like the right size for the menu item to show up in but nope sad.gif

Zes
  • Zes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Jul 18 2005, 08:57)
Still have the lighting troubles, but I've remembered another thing I want Rockstar to fix...

THE FREEWAY TRAFFIC!
Driving on the freeway in San Andreas is the most frustrating experience on this game, so much so that driving from Los Santos to San Fierro is safer on the backroads! The traffic AI on freeways are ridiculous!

1. slow-moving tractors spawn in front of fast cars and cause collisions
2. people stop suddenly and you can't avoid them
3. motorbikes that go slower than other cars get hit and their wrecks go cartwheeling across the freeway in front of you
4. cars on the freeway go extremely fast and constantly change lanes for no reason, swerving into the side of you so fast you have no chance of expecting it
5. cars going at extremely high speeds stop instantly when you stand in front of them, (there goes a good suicide method. "Squish me!")

I sure hope you Rockstar fellas tweak this. The traffic on the motorways of San Andreas are ridiculous, unrealistic and frustrating, i've yet to succeed getting a car from LS to SF without getting hit at least twice.

RRRRRRR suicidal.gif

Man, that's exactly what's pissing me off too! I can fairly well avoid most vehicles (at high speeds), but it's just stupid. If there's some things that should really be taken care of, it's what most people already said, but for me generally... they should take care of optimization and AI. The AI is -- as I expected it before even playing it -- TERRIBLE.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:48 AM

The AI is -- as I expected it before even playing it -- TERRIBLE.

its rudmentiary at best, but i wouldnt call that a bug. "tweaking" the AI by itself could take months for what most would consider "realistic" behavior. something they may elaborate more on in the next gta, but not something they'll patch in SA:PC.

CliveOfIndia
  • CliveOfIndia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

Gripes about gameplay:

1. The constant crashing even though my system exceeds the recommended specs all bar the DVD speed which is equal to the minimum, patch us R* that'll be nice. I've done everything possible to correct the problems but still nothing it can only be down to a programming ccok up.

2. The Taxi Glitch, I know some people have had it, I can't do the taxi missions whatsoever, barring me from 100%

3. Not being able to utilise the best sound settings becuase of the 'bugs' in the game, even though I did upgrade my sound card to a Soundblaster Audgidy 2 PCMCIA card, still nothing why should I have to decrease acceleration of the DirectX settings to get maybe another 2 minutes worth of play out of ONE game.

4. The lack of some sort of 'System Spec Optimiser', an auto detect setting which the game will analize your computer for the optimal settings, that would have been nice, or a pre-install checker.

5. The removal of several PS2 'touches' for the PC version like the moon phases and the car dirt.

6. The Big One, That the game is so knackered that it is stopping me from selling my PS2 so I can exclusively play it on the PC instead of getting so p*ssed off with the PC version that it forces me to get out my PS2 just to get my fix.

Zes
  • Zes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jul 24 2005, 05:48)
The AI is -- as I expected it before even playing it -- TERRIBLE.

its rudmentiary at best, but i wouldnt call that a bug. "tweaking" the AI by itself could take months for what most would consider "realistic" behavior. something they may elaborate more on in the next gta, but not something they'll patch in SA:PC.

Yes, you're right: it's not a bug smile.gif But I just felt like pointing it out. I also suspect that they'd show us better AI in the next installment. I could rant about it for long, but it's off-topic turn.gif If they optimize the game, though, then at least I can play without jerky lagging (on 32-bit).

I don't know if it's said already, I forgot maybe. In any case, on my machine that totally exceeds the recommended specs by far, I noticed (with 32-bit setting and High Effects on 1024x768) severe slowdown in the Alpine town, and some slowdown (less) in mountain areas where you're actually going on the mountain, and also when it rains. Most of the areas are -- to my knowledge -- smooth enough (-- haven't been to the last city, yet).
To fix the performance -- I think it's also put in this thread by Googlesta (http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=195505) -- I put down the color to 16-bit (making it look a lot uglier) and lowered the resolution (which sometimes doesn't even matter). Putting down hardware acceleration for the sound card also helped. Basic acceleration did it.

Anyway, hope y'all get your game working like you want it to wink.gif

mabner777
  • mabner777

gamer sheep

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:11 AM

bbq.gif notify.gif
Hi,
I've got a problem (bug???) that really freaks me out. If I drop in any water with a any vehicle the crash, it's like, everything in the game stops and the screen starts to get white and everything disappears and if I don’t press Esc and start the game from my last saved file or close it, it crashes and show that dialog to send error to Microsoft… it used to happen without drop in the water, but now just dropping it happen… I’ve updated my video card drivers (ASUS NVIDIA 6600GT 128mb) and nothing helped…
If anyone have a solution for it, i really need it...
cryani.gif

Darren23
  • Darren23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:57 PM

I just Bought San Andreas for Pc I and al the Characters are non-descript. They are all white black shadows I have a 256mb Ge-Force 5600 256mb RAM 2.1ghz AmD xp Processor with Directx 9.0c it is Custom Built

sidspappy
  • sidspappy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Keromane69 @ Jul 3 2005, 23:34)
R* reads this forum. There is no use in spambugging tech support. Reporting known bugs and glitches in this topic is sufficient, contact R* with specific questions only.

Okay, fair enough...

I just got this game, and I'm really unhappy with the camera angle changes that differ from the old GTA III/VC style. I desperately need the camera to be LOCKED behind the vehicle at all times! Changing settings to mouse steering improves this, but sharp turns are still too slow and causes me to crash before the cam catches up.

The cam problem prevents me from seeing what I'm driving towards when I move foward and backward slowly (like when trying to run over punks).

The camera angle when going over hills or under bridges is too low, so I can't see what I'm about to collide with! The Q+E key workaround is a poor substitute for poor programming and poor versatility in gameplay.

Hopefully, since R* needs to release a patch that deactivates Hot Coffee, maybe that patch will also include the many, many fixes that we require!!!

Are you reading, R*? GIVE ME MY $50 WORTH!!!

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

THe reason Rockstar made the camera so low is because it makes the motion blur look good. It gets annoying half way through the game.

g33k
  • g33k

I'm stupid.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

I personly love the new camrea you aren't locked to a certain point behind the character. You can look around.

The only bug that gets very annoying is the damn ATI Catalyst error saying Videocard stopped responding and VPU has been reset.

MattyDienhoff
  • MattyDienhoff

Professional Hitman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (sidspappy @ Jul 30 2005, 02:03)
QUOTE (Keromane69 @ Jul 3 2005, 23:34)
R* reads this forum. There is no use in spambugging tech support. Reporting known bugs and glitches in this topic is sufficient, contact R* with specific questions only.

Okay, fair enough...

I just got this game, and I'm really unhappy with the camera angle changes that differ from the old GTA III/VC style. I desperately need the camera to be LOCKED behind the vehicle at all times! Changing settings to mouse steering improves this, but sharp turns are still too slow and causes me to crash before the cam catches up.

The cam problem prevents me from seeing what I'm driving towards when I move foward and backward slowly (like when trying to run over punks).

The camera angle when going over hills or under bridges is too low, so I can't see what I'm about to collide with! The Q+E key workaround is a poor substitute for poor programming and poor versatility in gameplay.

Hopefully, since R* needs to release a patch that deactivates Hot Coffee, maybe that patch will also include the many, many fixes that we require!!!

Are you reading, R*? GIVE ME MY $50 WORTH!!!

I like the new camera mode, I don't like how it's a little too low behind the car so you can't see much in front, but I like how you can rotate the camera, I often find myself driving with my left hand on WASD and using my right hand to scan the scenery! tounge2.gif

:EDIT: oh yeah! Some of you will recall my earlier posts about lighting problems and some cars being extremely dark while their surrounds are bright? Well, i found ANOTHER car with that problem, the Sandking, I hadn't noticed until now because it's a rare car, but it's got the problem. sigh.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Aug 1 2005, 03:09)
Some of you will recall my earlier posts about lighting problems and some cars being extremely dark while their surrounds are bright? Well, i found ANOTHER car with that problem, the Sandking, I hadn't noticed until now because it's a rare car, but it's got the problem. sigh.gif

Yeah, the Sandking's textures are a bit dark, but it's still a great ride biggrin.gif It's not rare; though it's only available from under The Big Ear.

Jee
  • Jee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (g33k @ Jul 30 2005, 16:49)
The only bug that gets very annoying is the damn ATI Catalyst error saying Videocard stopped responding and VPU has been reset.[/b]

That's easily solved. Just rightclick on your desktop in Windows, properties, settings, advanced, VPU recover, unclick both options starting from the bottom, Apply, OK out.

That will kill the VPU recover which in my opinion is a useless feature of the Ati videocard anyway. wink.gif

ohpsrlvpzbpat
  • ohpsrlvpzbpat

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:26 PM

My User Radio does not work anymore after I restored a backup of my registry and reinstalled the game. I've tried everything, and I know I do it right, because I have done it before... Maby a bug?

naik420
  • naik420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:36 AM

My problem is that the game crashes and the BSOD give the following error:
BAD_POOL_ERROR

PLs help me........... cryani.gif

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Jee @ Aug 3 2005, 15:32)
The only bug that gets very annoying is the damn ATI Catalyst error saying Videocard stopped responding and VPU has been reset.[/b]

That's easily solved. Just rightclick on your desktop in Windows, properties, settings, advanced, VPU recover, unclick both options starting from the bottom, Apply, OK out.

That will kill the VPU recover which in my opinion is a useless feature of the Ati videocard anyway. wink.gif

Won't that just stop VPU recover from saving your PC from a crash? tounge.gif

My problem is that the game crashes and the BSOD give the following error:
BAD_POOL_ERROR
Hmm, have you ran any test to check your RAM is working properly? I could be way off but you might want to run a memtest: http://www.memtest86.com

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:27 PM

Here are the following vehicles that doesn't have specular lighting:
Artict1
Sandking
Super GT
Sadler (the f*cked Sadler has lighting wow.gif )
Uranus
Dodo
Tug Staris

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Aug 6 2005, 12:27)
Here are the following vehicles that doesn't have specular lighting:
Artict1
Sandking
Super GT
Sadler (the f*cked Sadler has lighting wow.gif )
Uranus
Dodo
Tug Staris

heh, one of the few things that can be "fixed" by us tounge.gif

the Super GT _BADLY_ needs spec.

westsidebud
  • westsidebud

Descanter The Insalubrious

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:11 AM

I personly love the new camrea you aren't locked to a certain point behind the character. You can look around.

The only bug that gets very annoying is the damn ATI Catalyst error saying Videocard stopped responding and VPU has been reset.

I personaly "put it on" the guy in charge
of Ati's driver dev team about these vpu recovery errors
over at www.driverheaven.net's forums.

and of course i got NO reply from him what so ever
my Post(s) were ignored ..sound familiar ? hmm Rockstar ?

I even posted a link to this forum
so guy could get an idea of how many of us
have had Ati related errors with this game.

And in the Cat 5.7 release notes it mentions
display corruption for 8500 users.

But uhm HELLO Ati what about EVERYONE else ?
They can't act like they don't already know this
and why then is this not even listed as an Issue in the
drivers Known issues release notes ?

I also mentioned that DVD_OV Ati graphics driver
error that shows up in our event viewers.
I have a TON of those messages in my logs !

I also get random VPU recoveries and afterward
the games graphics look wierd ..hard to explain.
Also it resets my desktop display rez and refresh rate.

So after all this I have rebuilt my pc 2x
with diff parts and tried GTA-SA on my room-mates pc with diff parts..
And each and every single bug was repeated on
all pc's and all configurations, and i can easily explain
any detail in how i built my pc ive been doing it for years
and no probs with almost anything else.

I could prob go on but ya'll get the idea i think wink.gif

Will be thinking twice before pulling the money out next time !

..waiting for a patch.

doogle
  • doogle

Dr Snuggles, King of the animal world...

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:46 AM Edited by doogle, 08 August 2005 - 10:50 AM.

I only have the sound bug where when going into menus, ie to look at the map or save the game, when I come back out it sounds like there's an engine running inside my head, usually I just have to run or drive a few blocks away and it stops but one time it carried on for ages so I had to turn the game off and restart it.

Oh the only time it's crashed on me is when I'd just started getting territories and I went to buy some new clothes in Binco's. I walked into the changing room and didn't come back out, had to reboot the game again then confused.gif

Other than that I've had no problems with the game, running at max detail, 1600*1200 biggrin.gif

edit:
Oh yeah, another thing I just remembered. MP3 radio station, sometimes it goes quiet, I change station and go back to it and it plays an advert, then goes quiet again after, I change station and go back again and my MP3s play again.
It doesn't always happen like that, most of the time the adverts and songs play together nicely smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

Is it just me that the dry docks doesn't seem to have a mirror-like water?

SpitRhyma
  • SpitRhyma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

- Rival gang members should attack you and each member of your crew equally.

- When a gang is recruited and then a gang-war is started with a rival gang, your gang should be just as involved and "intelligent" as the rival gang members... they just stand their and chat sometimes like they don't see you gettin murdered... then they have the nerve to say "So what's up CJ? What we gotta do?"

- 9mm and silenced 9mm should use same ammo as they are the same gun -- I thought they can't cuz the guns sound diff. but so do other guns that take the same ammo.

- CJ's head glitches up when he gets the corn-row -- specially his ears and his neck.

- All NVGs respawn in their locations but the inferno ones don't... why? (PS2)

- A certain type of car will suddenly be one of the only types of cars that spawns on the street for a long time. Then suddenly you don't see it again for a long time.

- The following vehicles should not have radios -- at least make it so they all come "off" by default so if people get bored they can bump some tunes:
Motorcycles+quad bike (excluding the wayferer)
Boats like the JetMax
Airplanes (perhaps excluding the dodo)
Helicopters
Buldozers and construction vehicles
Millitary vehicles
Hover craft
Any other vehicles that I left out that should be here

Matt Baker
  • Matt Baker

SterileMonk

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:57 PM

well the motorcycle radio in response to above is i believe in MONO or sounds like it so r* did think about that.

Also when you attack rival gang members do you do so with the AK? Because the range for the AR's is much greater than that of your homie's weapons.

bingaling
  • bingaling

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:07 PM

Not sure if this has cropped up before, but I have a real pain in the ass of a bug. Slow vehicles! So far it has appeared in three missions.

Torenos last flight: no matter what car or bike I used I could never catch up with the chopper. Not even close.
Monster: the truck seemed to go in slow motion and wasnt able to get remotely near the min time.

Stowaway: again cant get anywhere near the plane no matter how much I lean forward or wiggle the bike.

I heard that if you were taking over territories and saved the game during a counterattack it can cause problems later on???

Does anyone know of a patch that can resolve this?
Cheers suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users