Photo

Official "Buglist" (PC Version)

347 replies to this topic
Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

Don't run Xfire whilst running San Andreas, that was one cause of the EXE to crash randomly sometimes. And it seems now that I have to run trainers AFTER running the game instead of before.

mc18jm
  • mc18jm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

I have problem with "zero" first mission in gta san andreas!!!!
there you shoot rc plaines. And the time is running down. What must happen then when the time is out. I can still shoot and look around but nothing more happens.
Why is that??
Please help!!!!!!
And sorry for my bad english i hope that somebody understand

chriswible
  • chriswible

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

I'm having a bit of a glitch that began as a minor nuisance but is now really starting to piss me off...

The game seems to read phantom keystrokes, at random. For example, sometimes I hit esc and walk out of the room, only to return and find that the game has resumed or moved to the stats page or some other menu.

occasionally, when walking around with the SMG, it will randomly move up to shotgun, which is annoying if you're trying to sprint somewhere.

the SMG will also momentarily go into "aiming mode" as if I had pressed RMB. it's just a flash, but it causes you to stop moving, and you're screwed if it just happens to point at a cop.

I'll be fighting a gang, crouched, waiting, and then CJ will just stand up, typically resulting in death.

When in one of the schools (it's happened in both), during a lesson it will go back to the school menu thing without me asking it to do so.

when flying the jetpack, my view will be weird for a split-second and then I find that I have the pistol selected.

Am I the only one? sad.gif

And yes, the bugs involving dirty cars, num5, and no parked vehicles after loading suck.

Retarded AI, however, is practically a trademark of the GTA franchise. biggrin.gif

Ketalis
  • Ketalis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:18 PM

In addition to a few of the minor bugs previously mentioned, I have what seems to be a rare conversation bug. During a cutscene or even during gameplay like when characters are talking while I'm driving, the conversation and subtitles will skip by at a really fast speed. This is not only audio but the actual scenes will skip by if its a cutscene. Its impossible to read what they're saying so I'll have to pause and go look at the brief. Unfortunately some conversations don't post to the brief so I really have no idea whats going on at times.

CPU: P4 2.8c (10% OC to 3.01ghz)
Mobo: Asus P4C-800e Deluxe
RAM: 1x512mb Corsair XMS LL
PSU: Antec TruBlue 480 watt
Video: Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4600 128mb
-driver: nv4_disp.dll -version: 6.14.0010.7189
HD: Seagate Barracuda 160gb SATA 7200rmps
Sound: SB Live! (Dell variant)
-no audio hardware acceleration

Rockstar: Make a patch you bastards you could even charge $5 for it and keep your customers!

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

i'm going to vent a bit, maybe R* will see it and become inspired;

R*, FIX THE DAMN BUGS IN SA YOU TWATS!!!! FFS!!
Battefield 2 came out June 22, and Ea ALREADY has announced the first patch!? whats taking YOU bastards so long, huh?!!

FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME!!!

oh, and i didnt tell anyone to email that to Take2 Tech support 4 times a day until theres a patch that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

chriswible
  • chriswible

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:15 AM

Whoa, new glitch.

I just did the 6th quarry mission (the one where you transport explosives). I do the mission, and as soon as I start to tilt the bucket back...

DOUBLE INSANE STUNT BONUS
Distance: 6240 ft Height: 83 ft Flips: 0 Rotation: 1592

The dumper never left the ground... yeah. blink.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (mc18jm @ Jul 6 2005, 19:50)
I have problem with "zero" first mission in gta san andreas!!!!
there you shoot rc plaines. And the time is running down. What must happen then when the time is out. I can still shoot and look around but nothing more happens.
Why is that??
Please help!!!!!!
And sorry for my bad english i hope that somebody understand

Not had that happen, but doing that 'Air Raid' mission near the end of it I had no gun sound, I wasn't sure I was still firing but the little planes were still exploding.

That seemed to me a fairly easy mission, apart from having to scan around with the mouse to see the planes coming (does draw distance settings affect this mission, I wonder, in how close the planes get before you see them?).

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

I don't know if this has been said but if you drive a boat behind the Sherman Dam, the "water wake" is at sea level instead of dam level. Happens in Vice City, too (see Liberty City).

BlindFish
  • BlindFish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (BlindFish @ Jul 6 2005, 13:13)
Only bought the game yesterday and encountered the bug where the game crashes when I enter a vehicle...

OK - still experimenting with this but seem to have found a possible 'fix'. I wanted to know whether switching between radio stations would cause the same crash as when you get into a different car (the only major problem I've encountered so far). I figured that if it was something to do with the music files this would also cause the game to crash... but it didn't!

The weird thing is that I then thought I'd try getting into a different car to see what would happen... and it didn't crash; whereas every previous attempt to switch cars had resulted in a crash - except in the one case it had the same radio station. So I was happily switching between cars for a few minutes until - it crashed with the usual whine.

Well I've just tried again - but this time after getting into the 1st car I made sure I switched through all the radio stations and let them play a couple of seconds. Had a little drive around, swapped cars a few times - no crashes at all. smile.gif

Now the above could just be coincidence - the other possible change I made that could have fixed this was going into the options and scanning for local sound files.

What I'll do next is start up - swap between cars without switching between radio stations and see if I get the crash, then try again but first flick between all the stations...

If anyone else is having this problem it might be worth trying this - it'll at least confirm whether it's just coincidence or a workaround we can use whilst we wait for a patch...

scarredangel
  • scarredangel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:31 AM

i had a crash that was damned annoying, was totally random, sometimes happening after 2 mins, sometimes after hours, would quit out of the Game and windows said GTA_SA.exe had to be closed blah blah blah. after changing/removing mods one at a time & removing pizzadox trainer, i eventually discovered it happened on any Savegame that i had used a cheat (via typing in codes or using a trainer) not really much of a bug i guess as the game goes warn you not to save it after cheating. just thought i would mention it as some people (very early on in the thread) seemed to have a similar problem : cool.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:50 AM

heres a fresh one; my SMG doesn't work. i've used every other weapon in the game with no issues, except my smg won't fire when im on foot. i can do driveby's with it, but on foot + firing smg = no.

that is really goddam bizzare blink.gif

MattyDienhoff
  • MattyDienhoff

Professional Hitman

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:24 AM

I'm still plauged by chronic lighting issues, such as...

The 'mid-range' model of all vehicles is really dark, they only brighten up like their surroundings when the 'close-up' model loads.

Areas in the countryside, like the Freeway near 'Back o Beyond', the roads around 'Easter Bay Chemicals', and the farm safehouse southeast of San Fierro all have lighting problems where the road is absolutely pitch black (not just dark like usual) at night so you can't even see the road markings when your headlights skim over them! And the farmhouse save point is stripey, with some doors on the farmhouse really bright, and the rest pitch black, even at daytime.

There are also three cars that are much darker than they should be, the Super GT, the Uranus and the Sadler. They're REALLY dark, the Super GT looks dark mustard if you paint it bright yellow. And the Uranus looks gun metal gray if you paint it bright white! It's ridiculous. suicidal.gif

Also, at around 20:00-21:00 in stormy weather (anywhere in the state) the whole game world brightens up to EXTREMELY high contrast, so much so it literally hurts my eyes to look at it! cryani.gif

I can't stand all this.

rahkstar2.gif Please fix all our problems!

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

Like the above poster said, the Super GT, Uranus, Sadler, and the Dodo have no specular at all. Its confuzing why, but they just don't have any specular. Oddly enough, theres a special Sadler with Specular parked in the countryside.

pep_gta
  • pep_gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:16 PM Edited by pep_gta, 09 July 2005 - 10:25 PM.

appears r* spent a total of one f*cking day making the replay part cos:

30 seconds replay time isn't true when a lot of vechiles are about
wheels dont turn
pedals dont turn
missing sparks
missing debris
missing explosions
landing gear always down
missing hydra engine efx
missing skid smoke
missing nitro flames
no change camera view (cinematic would be so cool)

also i have a few gripes about in-game experience
like why cant u see a car thats smoking/on fire from
a distance or why does CJ have to walk in a circle
9/10 times when u enter a vechile ?

why are the tress destructable for that matter why are
the lamposts so easy to break ... hmm

well i could live with all the little in-game niggles but
the replay is so bad that this is not gonna be like VC
where it lasted for so long in the stunt scene least not
for me.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:26 AM

appears r* spent a total of one f*cking day making the replay part cos:

30 seconds replay time isn't true when a lot of vechiles are about
wheels dont turn
pedals dont turn
missing sparks
missing debris
missing explosions
landing gear always down
missing hydra engine efx
missing skid smoke
missing nitro flames
no change camera view (cinematic would be so cool)

the replays in gta3, vice AND sa, are all ass, its not really new. it was probably coded by an intern with one of those "teach yourself c++ in 24 hours" books.
I'd be more inclined to enter their "Bust that crazy sh*t!" contest, if the replays didnt remind me of stop motion animation.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

Hmm, I must be lucky, It runs fine for me, but the only problem is the damn sound. When it rains, alot of other sound gets cut out.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Jul 9 2005, 07:24)

Also, at around 20:00-21:00 in stormy weather (anywhere in the state) the whole game world brightens up to EXTREMELY high contrast, so much so it literally hurts my eyes to look at it! cryani.gif

Yeah, I don't like that high contrast when it rains in some areas either - that's got to be fixed asap, it doesn't look good at all.

As for the replay feature, yeah it's basic, but get Fraps and you can make your own movies in complete detail.

_Mike_
  • _Mike_

in a 4G63

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:48 AM

Well, I've got windows 98 installed on my computer and I've played GTA SA for a while now (I've got 89% passed) and the only glitch that I've encountered is dissapearing sound. Not all the sounds, just the voices of everybody(except for cutscenes, those still have voices). My Audio card is old, but still, all the other sounds are running perfetly. Anybody else who has Win98 has this glitch?

aoeu
  • aoeu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:14 PM Edited by aoeu, 10 July 2005 - 06:22 PM.

QUOTE (MattyDienhoff @ Jul 9 2005, 10:24)

The 'mid-range' model of all vehicles is really dark, they only brighten up like their surroundings when the 'close-up' model loads.

Indeed, what the hell is this about..

No distance models are related, it's just the lighting.

Driving a train for example, detail is the same, but at one point, 30 meters perhaps, the train turns darker.
Same for cars, darker and then when you go closer, no change in model, just lighting changes.

Weird, I was flying a chopper on sea, and I could see a brigher rectangular box under me (on water), it seemed that was the "brightness" area as the cars in that area were normally lit, other cars where dark. It also happens vertically.

Annoying as hell, nothing seemed to help, fiddling with graphics' settings (tweaks etc, mipmap filters etc) no luck.

I'm suspecting this happens on all computers, I myself didn't even notice it after I had finished half of the game, but it did happen from the beginning, I have screenshots to prove smile.gif

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:52 PM Edited by napoleonic, 12 July 2005 - 01:56 PM.

this is a bug, I guess

user posted image

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

Oh another thing that annoys me (though I'm guessing this is the PS2 version as well), is the trams in San Fierro are just decoration sad.gif I was looking forward to riding them whatsthat.gif

But yes I agree with what someone said earlier that phases of the moon would be nice, why were so many tiny, easy to implement things taken from the PC version?

JoeySchmidt
  • JoeySchmidt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:08 AM Edited by JoeySchmidt, 13 July 2005 - 01:53 AM.

The only time it hasn't crashed is when I got into another car that was playing the same radio station.

My guess with this one is to stick the localised radio station feature on. This almost 80% ensures that if you get out of one car you commandeered into another one, they should be playing the same station. As you subsequently mention that you now have this working okay, I am as bewildereed as the rest of us!!!!! colgate.gif

I actually had to uninstall becaue it was getting so bad. I've been playing Manhunt in the interim to unlock all the photos! devil.gif

I am going to reinstall it 'cos I miss the big city and rahkstar2.gif could you possibly find it in your Hearts inlove.gif to up the 30fps cap of the frame limiter if you'd prefer us to use it? 60fps would be much more acceptable.

Is the PS2 version on a 4Gb DVD or an 8.5? If it is on an 8.5 then that would explain the discrepancies of the missing content on the PC, if not, then I'll get me coat! suicidal.gif

[EDIT] OK, I now have a new San Andreas fault (!!!!) I got a total of 15 minutes solid play out of it, mostly in a taxi doing the taxi mission, mostly. After that time, I got a BSOD that said, "YOUR SYSTEM HAS HALTED". I was cruising around doing the taxi mission and about to drop off my 6th passenger and the rain was on. The gfx were VERY sluggish with the rain running. I have my GFX at Very High, 1280x1024, no AA and no MipMapping at all, I will lower the res and check the rain situation again.
This usually means bad hardware but its been thoroughly tested and it checks out OK. The only thing I can put it down to is either the rain gfx or an overheating gfx card, as it is still hot at night, even in Scotland!

code32
  • code32

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:14 PM

MY complain among those that have been posted already is that for some reason in the "Fender Ketchup" Cutscenes unskippable part the car gets stuck in the garage for some reason, maybe the door closes down or something, i dont know. In the first savegame i got to 70%, this bug didnt appear but i had to start it all from zero since the savegame wouldnt work anymore and now im stuck in this poopy cutscene. Is there a patch to make ALL cutscenes skippable, thatd fix the problem i think. And yes ive reinstalled the game. sad.gif

BlindFish
  • BlindFish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (JoeySchmidt @ Jul 13 2005, 01:08)
The only time it hasn't crashed is when I got into another car that was playing the same radio station.

My guess with this one is to stick the localised radio station feature on. This almost 80% ensures that if you get out of one car you commandeered into another one, they should be playing the same station. As you subsequently mention that you now have this working okay, I am as bewildereed as the rest of us!!!!! colgate.gif

Sadly I'm still having problems. Switching radio stations certainly seems to reduce the likelihood of lockups when jacking cars... but every so often it will still happen. I already thought of getting it to stick to the same radio station but I'm not sure how much that's helping.

I'm going to double-check my soundcard drivers (Live 5.1) etc. as suggested in the Audio thread, just in case that's causing the issue - but this whole situation is really disappointing given that other demanding games don't seem to be causing my system any problems...

JoeySchmidt
  • JoeySchmidt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:42 PM Edited by JoeySchmidt, 15 July 2005 - 01:11 AM.

Okay, I performed the reinstall as mentioned, but I neglected to mention that I disabled my antivirus completely before the installation and I think it may have helped. Everytime I've installed with it off it seems to be much better than when it is turned on during installation.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. AntiVirus is Panda Platinum v7 btw, both the registry entries and the services were disabled properly, not through 'msconfig'!

[EDIT] Okay, sorry about this again! I've started from scratch again and I am playing the game offline with my AntiVirus completely disabled. I got a crash again before that but that was only 15 minutes of play. After disconnecting from my router and disabling the AntiVirus I went about starting a new game with all the old saves and photos moved out of the save directory.

Heres what I did, I maxed out my cycling skills, done 3 unique jumps on an MTB, enhanced my health status 4 times, got my stamina up to 70%, ate 5 corn dogs, done the BMX park checkpoint thing and done the 24-7 BMX drop off mission. I was on for nearly 3 hours solid and only came off after saving and because I was tired!

So, to reiterate: AntiVirus was off, the Temp and Savegame folders were cleaned out, I had GFX, audio and control settings that haven't been touched and I wasn't connected to the internet. The only problem now is that I am not entirely sure what one causes the crashes but I bet that the AntiVirus has something to do with it.

JoeySchmidt
  • JoeySchmidt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the game forgetting the display settings? I used to get this on Vice City as well.

Major development here I think! My game was running at the wrong resolution and it took me over 2 hours to notice, mainly because I was out on the juice last night! Anyway, I changed the resolution back to the setting that I was using after I reinstalled the game and 10 minutes later BAM! Drop out to desktop with the GTA_SA.exe error. I've tried it another few times just altering the resolution and it happens EVERY time. Luckily I made a backup of my fresh GTA_SA.SET that I'd saved games with and hadn't altered any settings in and thats working fine now.

So, it would seem that if you alter the in game resolution while playing you will eventually get a crash. Also, if you have a save game with a particular resolution and change the setting then save again, that save game will crash also. Now this is definitely a game bug as I've had 2 friends with completely different setups perform the exact same thing and the results appear conclusive, for us anyway!

DOMsufc
  • DOMsufc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:59 AM Edited by DOMsufc, 18 July 2005 - 01:23 AM.

ive read the first few pages of this topic but not all of them so i don't know if anyone else has posted these. i found these problems so far (as well as others already said) and ive only been playing for 2 days!

1.lately when ive completed a mission or walked out of a building, i just carry on walking even if i dont press anything. i cheked it wasn't my keyboard in wordpad and nothing typed, so it isnt a stuck button. to get rid of the problem i have to restart the program.EDIT: now its even more frequent and happens after cutscenes and even happens after the program has just loaded up and i load game save and it does it even then! Ive also reinstalled game, tryed restarting game... and still no change. this is the worst bug because its completely ruining the game for me. its reall hard to take cover and shoot in a fight cos he moves forward and i just get shot all the time. just so you know how annoying it is, press up and Alt whilst trying to get out of the garage... hard isnt it, takes about 2 mins as you jus have to scrape along the wall until you finally come out. btw this bug doesnt happen when you get in a car. wierd.

2.my user track list doesnt play all of my tracks only the first few i added. ive tried all the settings and skipping track in sequential mode and still no luck.

3.I cant remeber what caused it but after a shootout (in the rain, so extra sound) i died, but when i respawned at the hospital i still had the hissing sound of the rain even though its was sunny! even when i paused the game i still had the sound. once again i ahd to restart the program!

i love the GTA series and waited ages to get the cash to buy this game that id played at my m8s houses and so its really dissapointing when this happens in the first few days...

i cant wait for the patch and hope that R* have also seen these bugs cos there doin my F****G HEAD IN!!! suicidal.gif lol.

Anyone elses had any of these problems?

EDIT:
i can believe it people, i feel like the biggest d**k in the world... ive found the aswer to problem 1, my joystick under my computer desk behind my CPU had been left plugged into the usb instead of being put away. so the thing that made me go forward was the joystick. slight vibrations or movement must have activated it on the game and sensed the sitck was forward. i only realised this when my feet that i was fiddling about with under the table came across the joystick and still unaware my player moved backwards!!!! Well even tho i feel like a dumbass i feel a lot less pi**ed off rowards the game!

MattyDienhoff
  • MattyDienhoff

Professional Hitman

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:57 AM

Still have the lighting troubles, but I've remembered another thing I want Rockstar to fix...

THE FREEWAY TRAFFIC!
Driving on the freeway in San Andreas is the most frustrating experience on this game, so much so that driving from Los Santos to San Fierro is safer on the backroads! The traffic AI on freeways are ridiculous!

1. slow-moving tractors spawn in front of fast cars and cause collisions
2. people stop suddenly and you can't avoid them
3. motorbikes that go slower than other cars get hit and their wrecks go cartwheeling across the freeway in front of you
4. cars on the freeway go extremely fast and constantly change lanes for no reason, swerving into the side of you so fast you have no chance of expecting it
5. cars going at extremely high speeds stop instantly when you stand in front of them, (there goes a good suicide method. "Squish me!")

I sure hope you Rockstar fellas tweak this. The traffic on the motorways of San Andreas are ridiculous, unrealistic and frustrating, i've yet to succeed getting a car from LS to SF without getting hit at least twice.

RRRRRRR suicidal.gif

BuzuBuzu
  • BuzuBuzu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:40 PM

Is there a magnetic pole in San Anreas?

There must be!

If you wheelie on a motorbike, it inexplicably drifts towards the north ... most noticable when travelling along the east/west axis.

tmotu
  • tmotu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

I've already posted this in gameplay but I'll post it again just in case.

The thermal or night vision goggles can be only picked once from their spwan point and never again (for reasons that I can only guess because rockstar set them as mission related items).

I hope rockstar would fix this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users