347 replies to this topic
gohan2091
  • gohan2091

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

Take a look at this screenshot...

user posted image

- The word "Ambulance" is cut off on every single Ambulance Ive seen.. whats up with that?

- In Vice City I had an MP3 Boost setting which was very handy as some of my Mp3's were louder than others. Where is this option on San Andreas?

- Camera is pretty bad when you're driving, its too lazy, it takes a few seconds for the camera to swing round my car when I turn, sure I can use the mouse to look but I want it like it was on Vice City.

I pretty much agree with the rest of you...

- In gang wars, the gang members are useless, they always get in your way, if you run too far ahead, they get stuck or just stand there, they never shoot any enemy gang members, I feel like I'm always on my own.

- If I have more than 3 members in a gang, they cant all travel with me because 90% of vehicles only hold the maximum of 4 people. I tried vans, limos and they only hold 4 people. My gang members should hijack a vehicle and follow me if they cant fit in my vehicle.

- Vehicles are always dirty, they should be like they are on PS2...clean then become dirty as you drive and then can be cleaned again.

- Police are so dumb.... gangs shoot people and vehicles right next to a police man and he doesnt do anything, but if I shoot, he comes straight for me. I see police chase some people but most of the time they dont do anything.

FAAmecanic
  • FAAmecanic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 21 2005, 18:36)
QUOTE (FAAmecanic @ Jun 20 2005, 16:04)
BUGS BUGS BUGS

This is the buggiest game I have loaded on my PC in a LOOOONG TIME

1) Constant crashing/lockups.  I have constant HARD lockups where I cant even Ctrl-Alt-Del...I have to hit my reset button. 

I have noticed (but not confirmed yet) that all the lockups happened right after I got about 50% muscle on CJ right after completing the mission that unlocks the gym.  With my "Buff" CJ the game mostly locks up everywhere (buidlings, dirving, racetrack).  sometimes it happens in 5 min...sometimes I can play for an hour or two.

I have an old saved game that I went back to (before the gym was unlocked) and played it last night for about 1 1/2 hours and NO LOCKUPS!  I will try playing through several more missions with this old save game...and if it dont lock up...then at least we have found the time frame in the game or cause for the lockups.  why CJ being buff locks games up ....I dont know.  I will post results here.

2)  The ever changing view while driving and on foot.  I liked the old GTA VC way of the camera being locked behind you.  Its next to impossible to drive high speed with the camera the way it is.  I was going to stop playing the game until someone suggested that turning on Mouse Steering will somewhat make the camera stay stable.

For God damn's sake! In VC the camera is like a f*cking bitch. In SA I can alter the camera so I can see if some car comes over in a turn, in VC I had no chance to know a car would come up to the road and bang I crash into it. And if I won't touch the mouse the camera will stick nice.

ontopic: Audio popping and the sound volume changing when a "character" talks. And lowering down to 3.0.6.6 as some smartguy indicated, will only make the sound worse which in vs. popping, popping wins.

Hey dude the popping peds is fixed: just get Cat 4.9 it worked for many. Make sure you get the RIGHT one.

You have such a descriptive way of putting it. Could you explain to me how the camera in VC was a F*king B!tch? Not sure what you mean here.

All I know is that unless I enable Mouse Driving, when I take High speed corners using the handbrake to slide around them, the damn camera comes to the side of my car about 2 ft from the door. So I then have to waste the precious 1-2 seconds to RE-position the camera behind my car and by then I have either hit another car, or my car is not facing where it needs to be and I have to slow down...... Ya...real helpful when you have someone chasing you. Im not the only one that doesnt like the new carmera views, just read some other fourms or search this one.

I agree I like being able to look to the sides of my car.... but again I should be the one that moves the camera...not the game. That would be like playing a shooter like UT and your guy running forward shooting someone, then all of a sudden the camera decides you should be looking behind you. BAM...your dead.

jonrox
  • jonrox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Delfi @ Jun 19 2005, 22:17)
you cannot bind numpad 5 to any key no matter what numlock state

when driving a boat on water on some places i am getting wanted
5-stars at random time, what is going on?

Getting the 5 stars when in a boat is not random - it's to stop you going to areas you're not allowed in yet. It's a fantastic idea and much better than a 'glass wall' or something.

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (jonrox @ Jun 22 2005, 06:33)

Getting the 5 stars when in a boat is not random - it's to stop you going to areas you're not allowed in yet. It's a fantastic idea and much better than a 'glass wall' or something.

Yeah, more specifically when you get too close to that Naval base, or that other city before you are allowed too.

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (jonrox @ Jun 22 2005, 06:33)

Yeah, more specifically when you get too close to that Naval base, or that other city before you are allowed too.

Top Dawg
  • Top Dawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:52 PM

why are you people complaining so much, ive played the PC version and yes it is buggy
but it is still playable. and R* probaly had to take out some features because the game
is so BIG have you seen the size of it. and the required specs are kinda low considering
how big the world maps are so everyone just chill because i think sooner or later R*
is gonna release a patch. smile.gif

jonathangr
  • jonathangr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

what i've seen yet:
- some rare crashes
- missing sound when it's raining
- camera goes f*cked up when hold in a different position than normal (with right stick) and going fast in cars
- always dirty cars
- the word Ambulance behind ambulances
- black roads
- cannot map the f*cking menu to a gamepad button (annoying)
- cannot map LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN for gamepads with a POV, have to use another one
- detail : misplaced camera when looking left in Jetmax with 1st person (not really...) view camera

hopin' for a patch very soon bored.gif

FAAmecanic
  • FAAmecanic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Top Dawg @ Jun 22 2005, 21:52)
why are you people complaining so much, ive played the PC version and yes it is buggy
but it is still playable. and R* probaly had to take out some features because the game
is so BIG have you seen the size of it. and the required specs are kinda low considering
how big the world maps are so everyone just chill because i think sooner or later R*
is gonna release a patch. smile.gif

Glad its playable for you..... I have had to put the game on a shelf because it is unplayable for me due it constantly locking my machine. Yes I have latest drivers, mobo bios, fresh load of XP (built the PC about a month ago). No Im not a PC n00b and have built at least 12- 20 PCs (dating back to the old 486 SX days).... so I know my stuff. I currently play Doom3, HL2, BF Vietnam, Silent Hunter III, MS FS2004 with a ton of addons...and no problems. SO its not my PC.

I will wait for patch...and if it still dont work, its EBAY TIME.

Spyre
  • Spyre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:05 AM Edited by Spyre, 23 June 2005 - 03:41 AM.

I found a graphical bug that only occurs on the PC, theres a swimming pool (to the south) near one of the houses you can buy in the start city. The water in the pool vanishes depending on the camera position. Heres a few screenshots and a pic of the map where the pool is.

This bug doesnt occur on the Xbox and isnt graphics card specific

http://www.myfilesta.../gtasapool1.JPG

http://www.myfilesta.../gtasapool2.JPG

http://www.myfilesta...e/gtasamap2.JPG

Turf wars:
After you start a war, sometimes the "waves" spawn too far out of the territory. If I try to go after them, the game will tell me not to go too far out of the territory, and thus I can't take over because I can't get close enough to the wave to kill them. This mostly happens to me wihle I'm trying to take over Vagos turf, but also happened once or twice while fighting Ballas.

Yeah I've noticed that too

BuzuBuzu
  • BuzuBuzu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:11 AM

Hello,

Let me add my buggy two cents:

-my game locks up randomly every so often ... this isn't catastrophic though ... the sound starts looping, the screen goes black, then after about 5 seconds the sound returns to normal (ie it sounds like i'm doing whatever i was doing in game before the lock up) but the screen is still black. I then have to alt-tab out of the game and can alt-tab back in with everything returning to normal. I have no idea what causes this, seems quite random (not caused by any particular mission or anything like that, not particular vehicles either ... though i don't remember it happening to me while on foot)

-sometimes after loading a game I loose some of my ammo (ie when i saved i had over a thousand rounds of ak ammo, but when i load it is down to a hundred). Reloading the game again gives me my original ammo count back

-the sound bug (people already mentioned this i think), with sound cutting out after some period of play (doesn't happen to me, but my bro has this problem ... he has an older sound card: Sound Blaster Live)

-in the burglary sub-mission, the cost field in the upper right corner of the screen is always 0 when stealing stuff. I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but it would make sense for the game to show a "running theft total" instead of that. (ie after putting a microwave in my boxville the cost should increment to the value of that oven).

Thats it for my bugs ... I do want to say something else though:

THIS GAME IS FUN-f*ckING-TASTIC ... sure its buggy, and I'm DEFINITELY expecting a patch, but its not the core of this game that's flawed, just some (major/minor) implementation parts

oh, almost forgot, my pc hardware specs:

cpu: Athlon XP 2200
ram: 768 Mb
video: ATI Radeon 9600XT 256 Mb (catalyst 5.6)
sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (latest drivers)

Cheers

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:15 AM

This is my bug list:

- The basketball, pool and gym bugs are still present in the PC version.
- The stupid "black roads" glitch.
- Some garages "eat" cars. This doesn't happen very often and it's entirely random, but it sucks.
- All the problems with gang wars already mentioned here.
- (For me at least) The Dodo you fly in the "Freefall" mission is so damn slow (or the other plane is too fast). I had to edit the "handling.cfg" file to make the Dodo faster as the mission was impossible to pass.
- Some safehouses are ugly as hell when they should kick-ass instead (i.e. the Mulholland safehouse).
- etc, etc....

WsfWarlord
  • WsfWarlord

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ Jun 23 2005, 04:15)
- (For me at least) The Dodo you fly in the "Freefall" mission is so damn slow (or the other plane is too fast). I had to edit the "handling.cfg" file to make the Dodo faster as the mission was impossible to pass.
- Some safehouses are ugly as hell when they should kick-ass instead (i.e. the Mulholland safehouse).

for the dodo, it's not a bug, you just have to make the right turn at the right time (i tried that mission like 5 times before doing it correctly..)

the "ugly" safehouse is not a bug either.. (and i think they look nice)

Wma
  • Wma

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

I have only played the PC version, so not sure if it happens in the others...but, I notice problems with vehicles spawning when loading a save. For example at maddogs mansion if I load a game there is no copter up top until I leave the area for a bit and return. The same thing happens right after a save.

Same thing at the airstrip, the military jet doesn't spawn until I go on a little drive and come back. Just a little bit of a pain...

rats
  • rats

Art Vandelay

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:55 AM

here's a stupid glitch in the san fierro's train station:

TANK
user posted image

NO TANK

user posted image

wole04
  • wole04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

I must be the luckiest person on the planet as i've not seen any bugs.

Not the ambulance bug
No graphics bug
No Crashes
Not the sound bug (someone said these are just sounds and every sound card should be able to handle all of them at once but u got it wrong.) mp3s and stuff may be easy to process but dvd sounds from games aren't because those sounds work based on triggers in the game and they just dont start from the beginning and stuff, they start from specific point in the sound file based on the trigger. and if u sound card hasn't got enough processin power to handle all these triggers and sounds at once, then it'll most def cut out.

THAT IS WHY R* RECCOMENDED SB AUDIGY2 TO PLAY THE GAME NOT ONBOARD SOUND WHICH IS WHAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE.

I think if u don't meet the reccomended specs, then u shouldn't really complain as these aren't bugs just ur comp.
The minimum specs are the specs that the game needs to run. that doesn't necceessarily mean run flawlessly.
To run the game flawlessly, u'll need the reccomended specs

Only bug i seem to have is the POV hat not being able to be assigned as a button but this is not a bug, as i've tried with other games as well and u just cant assign POV hat as a button. it's a controller thing

FAAmecanic
  • FAAmecanic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (wole04 @ Jun 23 2005, 10:41)

Not the ambulance bug
No graphics bug
No Crashes
Not the sound bug (someone said these are just sounds and every sound card should be able to handle all of them at once but u got it wrong.) mp3s and stuff may be easy to process but dvd sounds from games aren't because those sounds work based on triggers in the game and they just dont start from the beginning and stuff, they start from specific point in the sound file based on the trigger. and if u sound card hasn't got enough processin power to handle all these triggers and sounds at once, then it'll most def cut out.

THAT IS WHY R* RECCOMENDED SB AUDIGY2 TO PLAY THE GAME NOT ONBOARD SOUND WHICH IS WHAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE.

I think if u don't meet the reccomended specs, then u shouldn't really complain as these aren't bugs just ur comp.
The minimum specs are the specs that the game needs to run. that doesn't necceessarily mean run flawlessly.
To run the game flawlessly, u'll need the reccomended specs

Only bug i seem to have is the POV hat not being able to be assigned as a button but this is not a bug, as i've tried with other games as well and u just cant assign POV hat as a button. it's a controller thing

My PC more than meets the recommended specs... and I cant play the game AT ALL... There are definate show stopping bugs with this game as many people are having random reboot/hardlocks. And I dont have anything unusual in my machine, as a matter of fact its a fairly standard setup.

See my specs below.

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

The Free Camera when on foot, should be configurable if it's locked behind CJ or not.

And more importantly, when the Camera is following your vehicle, the camera angle is too low and you can hardly see over the vehicle. The Camera angle needs to be higher by default.

rats
  • rats

Art Vandelay

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (SMG @ Jun 23 2005, 14:08)
The Free Camera when on foot, should be configurable if it's locked behind CJ or not.

And more importantly, when the Camera is following your vehicle, the camera angle is too low and you can hardly see over the vehicle. The Camera angle needs to be higher by default.

yeah, but that's not an actual bug

WsfWarlord
  • WsfWarlord

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (FAAmecanic @ Jun 23 2005, 11:17)
My PC more than meets the recommended specs... and I cant play the game AT ALL... There are definate show stopping bugs with this game as many people are having random reboot/hardlocks. And I dont have anything unusual in my machine, as a matter of fact its a fairly standard setup.

See my specs below.

on what resolution do you play the game?

BuzuBuzu
  • BuzuBuzu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:13 AM

i was doing some vigilante missions the other day and i noticed that when you shoot the driver of a car while they're driving, the car keeps on going - and not just for a little bit, i followed a "phantom car" for almost half of Los Santos. This is a step down from how this was handled in Vice City where the car rolled to a stop after you capped the driver.

jonathangr
  • jonathangr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

@ wole04:

yes, you can assign actions to POV. Depends if the game's been designed to handle it. Example : Need For Speed U2 and the nice app Racer_S have done to assign controls correctly.

Samutz
  • Samutz

Undefined index: member_title in user_profile.php on line 1012

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [SnP Site Design]

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (BuzuBuzu @ Jun 22 2005, 22:11)
-in the burglary sub-mission, the cost field in the upper right corner of the screen is always 0 when stealing stuff. I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but it would make sense for the game to show a "running theft total" instead of that. (ie after putting a microwave in my boxville the cost should increment to the value of that oven).

That counter only changes when you take the boxville to the lockup and actually get paid. This is because the game calculates the cost each time you go to the lockup. And it is possible to collect items into the van and then loose them because you didn't take them to lockup. So until you collect your earnings, the counter stays at 0.

Some new problems:

-End of the Line (mission):
Just like the Stowaway mission (I talked about this on page 2), the firetruck moves insanely fast, but only on my computer. I tried it on my friend's pc and had no problem keeping up with Tenpenny. Then went back to mine and still couldn't keep up. Neither of us use mods or cheats, and both installations came from the same dvd.

-Didier Sachs:
I've read in several places that this store opens once you have missions available in LV. However, mine did not open until after I completed A Home in the Hills (the mission in which you take back Madd Dogg's mansion).

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (wole04 @ Jun 23 2005, 03:41)

Not the ambulance bug
No graphics bug
No Crashes
Not the sound bug

How about the cars? Are your cars always dirty? Or can you take them to pay and spray and clean them off for a while?

And what about sound during an in game thunderstorm? Are you able to hear a) rain pattering on car rooftop, b) radio c) ambient d) car engine sound e) thunder all at same time?

As for creative, I think they sux. Horrible driver support (often years between updates unless you have thier latest card). Not to mention which they like to lie about capabilities of thier cards (as on Audigy 1 box).

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:02 AM

wole is wrong
"To the guy who said his sound cuts out like when he hears the rain, he can't hear the car and so on, it's just that ur comp cannot handle that much sound info."

Infact if you're using NFORCE audio drivers this will happen and cause your machine to reboot, if you use the AC97 drivers from Realtek this issue turns into what he was describing instead of rebooting the sound cuts out.

FAAmecanic
  • FAAmecanic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (WsfWarlord @ Jun 23 2005, 22:46)
QUOTE (FAAmecanic @ Jun 23 2005, 11:17)
My PC more than meets the recommended specs... and I cant play the game AT ALL... There are definate show stopping bugs with this game  as many people are having random reboot/hardlocks.  And I dont have anything unusual in my machine, as a matter of fact its a fairly standard setup.

See my specs below.

on what resolution do you play the game?

I have a Dell 2001FP 21" LCD. So I have tried the game at the native 1600X1200 and LOWER res (all are supported) down to 1024x768. No love on any of them.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:19 AM

hers a fresh one from me:
turning anti-aliasing OFF after extend play periods (while still ingame), may or may not reboot my pc. nothing else in the game does it. this one i can reproduce faithfully about 1 in 3 times.

you know, i can just FEEL the love from R*. right in my ass.

P4 3.2ghz
1024 ram
WinXp home
dx 9c
nvidia geforce fx 5500 w/latest drivers

its not my hardware setup..

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (WsfWarlord @ Jun 23 2005, 04:15)
for the dodo, it's not a bug, you just have to make the right turn at the right time (i tried that mission like 5 times before doing it correctly..)

the "ugly" safehouse is not a bug either.. (and i think they look nice)

I DID turn the Dodo at the right time, but the jet just went away. After reading Samutz's problems, mine makes sense. It doesn't happen to everybody, but it happens.

Safehouses that are supposed to look nice are just crap, like Mulholland's $150,000 mansion. The pool doesn't even have water on it... There're other "generic" houses (used in the Burglary missions) that look much better than some safehouses. confused.gif (The only safehouses I like are the ones in Carlton Heights, Hashbury and Prickle Pine).

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

"nice" is a matter of personal taste. in either case, its not a bug, so take it somewhere else.

wugglez
  • wugglez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:04 PM Edited by wugglez, 25 June 2005 - 04:18 PM.

during end of the line, i noticed that at part where people were hiding behind pillars firstly they keep peeking round to see where you are even when your are no longer where you enter the room from (such as standing at the side of them) and also you can fill them full of bullets and they will stand there peek aroung the pillar for a moment or to them when they move out to shoot they drop dead.

and has anyone noticed that if you blow up a moving car the driver will bail out and then drop dead after the car has exploded

my specs:
AMD 64 3000+
1024mb ram
windows xp professional
128mb gforce4 mx 4000
played on 1024x768

Snoopy123
  • Snoopy123

Smeg Head

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

I have seen quite a few bugs in SA, including random crashes angry.gif and many of the bugs mentioned before. But i have found a bug to do with gang wars. you have to kill 3 gang members to start a gang war rite, u wud think they wud have to be members of the gang that own the territorty nut no!!. I killed three vagos to start a gang war with the ballas, its crazy tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users