Photo

Official "Buglist" (PC Version)

347 replies to this topic
DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

This is only meant for bugs that affect gameplay, they crash your game, a cutscene doesn't end and you have to ctrl-alt-del to close it, features that were in the ps2 version but not the pc (not the 2 player, thats nots a bug), stuff like that. i'll get the ball rolling. These are features i would specifically like patched, if there is to be an official patch!

-The Cars Don't Get dirty, they're ALWAYS dirty. they dont get clean! On the PS2, the cars actually got dirty, and you were able to clean them by going to a pay and spray, on the pc that doesn't happen. example (ps2):
user posted image

-the Semis, and other dual rear-wheel vehicles, no longer have dual real wheels:
QUOTE (123abc)
PC:
user posted image

PS2:
user posted image

i know, those dont really affect gameplay, but for f*cks sake, what the hell R*? you had them in the ps2, and they were nice touches! what the f*ck?!

-The game peridocally crashes for pretty much no reason. unable to reproduce at will
-Sound skips sometimes, or lowers itself in volume, to being unhearable
-For the life of me, i cannot get radio commercials to play between my user tracks. if its in the game, it doesnt work for me. if you removed it, wtf?

i know theres lots more people...

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

The new sound system doesn't work properly under nforce chipset sound, the sound
hardware acceleration must be turned off to make it work - otherwise it will bluescreen
after few minutes of gameplay, but without hardware acceleration the cutscene sound
is not synced right and radio stations jump in middle of tracks playing like old broken
records.

also the gamepad support and customization is awful.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Re; radio station advertisements - yep
Re; audio glitchness - not yet but it's early days yet
Re; game crashes - only one so far

Today I stepped out into the streets of Los Santos to discover that 1 in 10 peds was now determined to run down CJ with their car (good idea). This made the game pretty unplayable until it randomly cleared again, as the motorheaded peds would drive off bridges, through back yards, over pedestrians and police, anything to run him down and come around for another pass.

f*cked up shiz.

Kinda surprised by the number of very odd holes to date in the PC incarnation.

And yeah, the gamepad implementation is pretty pants.
Avast rampage_ani.gif

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:53 PM Edited by CubanJetMaX, 19 June 2005 - 09:57 PM.

You can only use the jetpack "Hover mode" on the ground, where it is useless. In the air, its only 1 way strafe, or the other way strafe, Never hover...

Hole in Ganton gym STILL hasnt been fixed <But who's complainin'?>

Your homies randomly kick your cars in while your not driving them, till they explode, killing the homies around it.

um, thats all i found, but im still doin sweets missions. <I cheated 4 jetpack.>

FFS= For f*cks sake

CubanJetMaX
  • CubanJetMaX

^Made by ME!^

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:05 PM Edited by CubanJetMaX, 19 June 2005 - 10:07 PM.

kk ashdexx.

<Off topic> Not sure what you meant by "Get wood"<From your siggy>, But i made a Car Mods cost Nothing mod, and the rest of the item cost data is all neatly set out and lined up.

<On topic>Urm, the controls are sprawled all over the place, you'd need 4 hands tro work it properly.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

Might I also add that the DFT30 is missing a wheel near the left rear of the truck.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

you cannot bind numpad 5 to any key no matter what numlock state

when driving a boat on water on some places i am getting wanted
5-stars at random time, what is going on?

TheJkWhoSaysNi
  • TheJkWhoSaysNi

Goes into lifts and presses all the floors

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

@Delfi: The wanted stars happen if you go into a restricted area (Naval base, area 51).

The basketball glitch is still there from the PS2 version. Seems to be triggered by saving at Mad Dogs mansion.

FAAmecanic
  • FAAmecanic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:04 PM

BUGS BUGS BUGS

This is the buggiest game I have loaded on my PC in a LOOOONG TIME

1) Constant crashing/lockups. I have constant HARD lockups where I cant even Ctrl-Alt-Del...I have to hit my reset button.

I have noticed (but not confirmed yet) that all the lockups happened right after I got about 50% muscle on CJ right after completing the mission that unlocks the gym. With my "Buff" CJ the game mostly locks up everywhere (buidlings, dirving, racetrack). sometimes it happens in 5 min...sometimes I can play for an hour or two.

I have an old saved game that I went back to (before the gym was unlocked) and played it last night for about 1 1/2 hours and NO LOCKUPS! I will try playing through several more missions with this old save game...and if it dont lock up...then at least we have found the time frame in the game or cause for the lockups. why CJ being buff locks games up ....I dont know. I will post results here.

2) The ever changing view while driving and on foot. I liked the old GTA VC way of the camera being locked behind you. Its next to impossible to drive high speed with the camera the way it is. I was going to stop playing the game until someone suggested that turning on Mouse Steering will somewhat make the camera stay stable.

!nF3rnuZ
  • !nF3rnuZ

Boring Barnacle

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

I hope i post where i should lol smile.gif I read about a basketball glitch (saving at dawgs mansion crap),but thats ps2 stuff....i saved there after completing "a home in the hills",can you please confirm that this glitch doesnt exist on PC smile.gif thanks
And,yes,i'm too goddamn lazy to find out myself smile.gif

sovietdoc
  • sovietdoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

I dunno if this is a bug or not but on the main site of rockstar they claim that both Xbox and the PC versions of the game have 5.1 dolby digital sound streams. Well I dunno about Xbox but the PC verson doesn't have that, so basically it's a lie.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

you cannot bind gamepad's up and down arrow buttons from
arrow-pad (microsoft calls this "point of view hat") to any action if the gamepad has one.

in sniper rifle aiming mode you sometimes cannot move
into any direction, movement keys SOMETIMES just stop working
in sniper aiming mode.

edit:
TheJkWhoSaysNi - there is a naval base in san andreas? nervous.gif

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:33 AM Edited by Googlesta, 21 June 2005 - 08:03 AM.

Edited cause I was blind and didn't read what Original Poster actually said.
Yeah, cars are always dirty in the PC version. It sux.
WTF cant you clean them. I want a spotless car at least some of the time.

I'll check the dual rear wheels. BTW, did you know that those are two differant types of semi trucks in your screenshots? Look at the rear lights. That could be why. One might have dual rear wheels and other not. I will try to find out.
Linerunner (which I think is your top screenshot): http://www.g-unleash..._linerunner.jpg
Roadtrain: http://www.g-unleash...e_roadtrain.jpg
I found those links in the Car Locations FAQ on www.gamefaqs.com looks like there's links to every type of car in the game.

Edit: Ok I checked and both types of semi's only have 1 set of wheels per axel in PC version. However in your screenshot, the one that appears double, thats one of the Road Train trucks. And it has a bunch of stuff covering up the top of the wheels so it looks double on first glance. I had to look closely from various angles to see. I'm thinking if someone lookas at the PS2 closely, it might only have 1 set of wheels per axel. There's one parked in Angel Pines along the edge of town by that rectangular white structure if anyone wants to verify this in PS2 version.

Advertisements on user track radio: It happens, just not after every song. Listen a while and you'll hear. I'm not sure if its better to have ads after every few songs or every one. Some radio stations play several songs before ads. But it woulda been nice for R* to have a config option for frequency of Ads, instead of just ON/OFF.

There is at least one usually screwed up mission that I've heard of, Fender Ketchup where in cut scenes things dont happen properly and you must skip the cut scene to proceed during that mission most of the time.

I've got some images for dirty cars if anyone wants a copy pm me.
And there's some on screenshots as seen here a little:
http://www.gamespot....ns.html?page=38

Delfi: Yeah there's a navel base, its near that one NRG-500 challange. Its just got one ship or sub or something and its pretty small. It also has a Patriot (hummer) parked at the end of it. Enter and you instantly get maximum wanted level. Its a pain going around that area in boat because you suddenly get wanted levels and its usually from that.

As for audio, it's probably not talking about the music. Like it supports 5.1 sound for the sound effects I belive.
Or if you were thinking about SPDIF AC3 audio. Its probably not going to happen. Because the soundcard would have to be capable of doing realtime dolby digital encoding, and there's pretty much only one consumer sound solution that did that and it was the nvidia Soundstorm in some old nforce motherboards. That could take any source (mp3, music, games, etc) and output it as dolby digital SPDIF AC3 audio.
So in general when games do surround you have to hook up analog connections to get the surround or 5.1 sound. There are some exceptions like proprietary hookups and stuff from creative with thier DIN connector on some speaker sets and some sound cards.

Edit: I checked on rockstars site. They are deceitfully ambiguous on this. They say it supports mp3 radio, and dolby digital 5.1. They dont explicitly say that the radio is 5.1
Kinda like how they say the game requires a graphics card with dx9 drivers. You'd think that means it requires a dx9 generation graphics card. But no, it works on gf 4 mx, and gf3 and even gf2 (albeit with some graphical issues on some of them). They aren't very clear in what they are saying.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:24 AM

Cars do get dirty in my PC version. Perhaps its based on the detail level set in graphics options? I have mine set on very high.

No, they don't "get" dirty, they ARE dirty, all the time. "GET"ting dirty, would imply they can be cleaned, which they can't. likewise, i also have my settings on the max.
I'm thinking if someone lookas at the PS2 closely, it might only have 1 set of wheels per axel.

no. the models have one wheel per model, and the wheel is duplicated and rotated for every wheel dummy on said model. some vehicles, like the semis, have a flag that tells the game to "double" each of the rear wheels, making the dual rear wheels you see on semis. For some reason, its been disabled (the flag IS set, just like the ps2 vers) on the pc version, whether as an oversight, or its intentional, i dont know.

Advertisements on user track radio: It happens, just not after every song. Listen a while and you'll hear. I'm not sure if its better to have ads after every few songs or every one. Some radio stations play several songs before ads. But it woulda been nice for R* to have a config option for frequency of Ads, instead of just ON/OFF.

it went through every song in my directory, and started repeating them, and i didnt hear one commercial. yes a config for that would have been very nice.

Ephphatha
  • Ephphatha

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:54 AM

What I've noticed:

Car's always dirty
Advert do play, very infrequently though. (Once per loop in my playlist usually.)
Game freezes for about 100ms every now and again before continuing normally.
Emergency vehicles just drive past the "accident" site and disappear.

barney_5
  • barney_5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

Did you even look at the DFT-30? In the PC version, this truck has just 5 wheels, 3 on the right hand side and 2 on the left. Seems being development trash...

Bernard

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:00 AM Edited by Googlesta, 21 June 2005 - 08:06 AM.

QUOTE (barney_5 @ Jun 20 2005, 23:38)
Did you even look at the DFT-30? In the PC version, this truck has just 5 wheels, 3 on the right hand side and 2 on the left. Seems being development trash...

Bernard

Really? lol thats whack. I'll have to check that.

ashdexx: about the cars being dirty
Yeah they are dirty all the time and I hate it. I didn't say what I meant in that post about that AND I misread your post thinking it said cars were never dirty on PC version. My bad.

WsfWarlord
  • WsfWarlord

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

what i got:

-sound skipping
like when it rains, i hear the rain, i hear the radio, but i dont hear the car anymore, and when it stopped raining i hear the car, same with the minigun, when i shoot i cant hear anything else but the minigun, i got a sound blaster live, i tried the quadriphonic tip but it doesnt work and i cant hear "behind" if i turn it on confused.gif
i tried to decrease the sound acceleration but it doesnt work. i havent tried the EAX stuff yet.. (looks like EAX is buggy in a lot of games..)

-stupid AI
how can you win a gang war when your retarded "homies" go where you are aiming or get in your view, you find a nice protected spot and one of them get in the way and you have to move again and get shot! and thoses idiots dont even try to shoot an enemy who's running to me to shoot ME (actually they are ALL shooting ME, even if i'm wearing neutral colors) sometimes i wonder if they even KNOW they are attacked! of course if i start to shoot one guy they shoot him but they dont shoot the enemy by themselves! and i usually kill in one shot the enemy so they dont have anyone to shoot..
and that stupid enemy who run ALLLLL the way around to reach me..

-only 4 seats?
yeah, wtf, i have a full gang and we have to go all on foot! i stole a limo cuz i thought "it's a pretty big car, they could fit in that" but NO, at least in GTA2 there were cars where you could fit more than 4 guyz (mmh i havent tried the bus though..) or they could try to use the nearest car and follow me... or steal a bike or something grrrr

-dirty cars
ooh i was wondering why the cars where always dirty and why i cant use the cleaning machines in the gaz stations, i hope they will look more shiny with more reflections when it's corrected..

-transparency bug
the trees and some graffitis and fences got some kind of transparent outline that shows the background of the city (i mean the sky)
i got a radeon 9800 pro

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (WsfWarlord @ Jun 21 2005, 02:11)
-only 4 seats?
yeah, wtf, i have a full gang and we have to go all on foot! i stole a limo cuz i thought "it's a pretty big car, they could fit in that" but NO, at least in GTA2 there were cars where you could fit more than 4 guyz (mmh i havent tried the bus though..) or they could try to use the nearest car and follow me... or steal a bike or something grrrr

I remember some vehicle having 6 or 8 seats from reading something at www.gamefaqs.com not sure which FAQ it was. Perhaps the one about gangwars, not sure. Anyway, a little investigation should turn up the answer.

wole04
  • wole04

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

Hey,

One thing u guys need to understand is that this is a DVD pc game and unlike PS2, every computer config is different.
Now to the issues.

The games DOES have 5.1 support and all sounds can be heard simultaneously. For example when radio is on in a car, it's pplayed thru the rear speakers. voices are played mostly thru the centre speakers or front left/right depending on where the voice is comin from. and cars are heard all round dependin on where from and if it's passin, u can hear the sound move from front speakers to rear speakers.

To the guy who said his sound cuts out like when he hears the rain, he can't hear the car and so on, it's just that ur comp cannot handle that much sound info.

Graphics wise, a lot of the complaints here like the transparency thing someone mentioned is an issue with ur graphics card. I've had no graphic issues what's so ever, and from playing it, i know it'll be quite demandin on the graphics card especially in foggy weather but if ur graphics card can handle it, then u won't notice. at least mine can. and make sure the frame limiter is ON.

The game has only crashed out once on me and that was because my Norton autoscan kicked in.

as for the pad support issue, i think it's brilliant. only downside is u can't assign the POV hat as buttons but that's not really a problem for me cause that's what i use for moving along with the analogue stick. I got almost all buttons assigned apart from the gang control one which i'll rarely use. and if i need them just a key press away on the keyboard. I'm useing the original PS2 pad by the way with an adaptor.

I can give u my PC specs if u want but for me, the game plays flawlessly
rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

Gubru
  • Gubru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jun 19 2005, 21:40)
This is only meant for bugs that affect gameplay, they crash your game, a cutscene doesn't end and you have to ctrl-alt-del to close it, features that were in the ps2 version but not the pc (not the 2 player, thats nots a bug), stuff like that. i'll get the ball rolling. These are features i would specifically like patched, if there is to be an official patch!

-The Cars Don't Get dirty, they're ALWAYS dirty. they dont get clean! On the PS2, the cars actually got dirty, and you were able to clean them by going to a pay and spray, on the pc that doesn't happen. example (ps2):
user posted image

-the Semis, and other dual rear-wheel vehicles, no longer have dual real wheels:
QUOTE (123abc)
PC:
user posted image

PS2:
user posted image

i know, those dont really affect gameplay, but for f*cks sake, what the hell R*? you had them in the ps2, and they were nice touches! what the f*ck?!

-The game peridocally crashes for pretty much no reason. unable to reproduce at will
-Sound skips sometimes, or lowers itself in volume, to being unhearable
-For the life of me, i cannot get radio commercials to play between my user tracks. if its in the game, it doesnt work for me. if you removed it, wtf?

i know theres lots more people...

Actually, my problem is the opposite with the PC version. Everything looks dirty, and cannot be cleaned. (Even if I go to a Pay'n'Spray).

Gubru
  • Gubru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:22 PM

Another bug is that I sometimes get transparent character models during cutscenes.

Another annoying bug is my sound volume slowly goes down sometimes when a character talks to me.

kator
  • kator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

I think I've got one. No matter where I go, I can't pick up fares for the taxi missions. Tried all three cities, much of the countryside, and nothing. Not one fare. Has anyone else had this happen?

ArtVandelay
  • ArtVandelay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:16 PM Edited by ArtVandelay, 21 June 2005 - 06:36 PM.

Always-dirty cars sucks, I hate that... mad.gif

And I have these other bugs:

-Missing sounds when it's raining (SB Live)
-"Invisible" pedestrians and sometimes the roads are black in the horizon when you go fast (ATI R8500 - Catalyst 5.6)

user posted image

user posted image

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

Sadly, the only main problem I have is the game crashing issue. I currently run Pizzadox and run the SA.exe with Xfire in the background, it automatically crashes the game.

My game randomly minimizes and says that there was a graphics error occuring within ATI catalyst control center, which I "X" out and then I can recontinue the game, but it happens every 10 minutes or so, and can be quite annoying.

Another infamous crash is the game exits and I get a window stating that the SA.EXE has encountered an error and must close...blah blah bullsh*t. Then it asks if I" want to send an error report" or "don't send."

I really can't play the f*cking game until R* releases a pretty thing called a patch, so I can finally not hesitate and await another crashing error.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:36 PM Edited by nlitement, 21 June 2005 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE (FAAmecanic @ Jun 20 2005, 16:04)
BUGS BUGS BUGS

This is the buggiest game I have loaded on my PC in a LOOOONG TIME

1) Constant crashing/lockups.  I have constant HARD lockups where I cant even Ctrl-Alt-Del...I have to hit my reset button. 

I have noticed (but not confirmed yet) that all the lockups happened right after I got about 50% muscle on CJ right after completing the mission that unlocks the gym.  With my "Buff" CJ the game mostly locks up everywhere (buidlings, dirving, racetrack).  sometimes it happens in 5 min...sometimes I can play for an hour or two.

I have an old saved game that I went back to (before the gym was unlocked) and played it last night for about 1 1/2 hours and NO LOCKUPS!  I will try playing through several more missions with this old save game...and if it dont lock up...then at least we have found the time frame in the game or cause for the lockups.  why CJ being buff locks games up ....I dont know.  I will post results here.

2)  The ever changing view while driving and on foot.  I liked the old GTA VC way of the camera being locked behind you.  Its next to impossible to drive high speed with the camera the way it is.  I was going to stop playing the game until someone suggested that turning on Mouse Steering will somewhat make the camera stay stable.

For God damn's sake! In VC the camera is like a f*cking bitch. In SA I can alter the camera so I can see if some car comes over in a turn, in VC I had no chance to know a car would come up to the road and bang I crash into it. And if I won't touch the mouse the camera will stick nice.

ontopic: Audio popping and the sound volume changing when a "character" talks. And lowering down to 3.0.6.6 as some smartguy indicated, will only make the sound worse which in vs. popping, popping wins.

Hey dude the popping peds is fixed: just get Cat 4.9 it worked for many. Make sure you get the RIGHT one.

ArtVandelay
  • ArtVandelay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 21 2005, 18:36)
Hey dude the popping peds is fixed: just get Cat 4.9 it worked for many. Make sure you get the RIGHT one.

Yes, I know, but with Cat 4.9 I get an awful and corrupted "heat effect", and with 5.6 the popping peds (same thing with 4.12, I tried different versions), at least the popping peds get fixed with detail level at low, but low detail sucks... sad.gif

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

A few problems I've had.

Turf wars:
After you start a war, sometimes the "waves" spawn too far out of the territory. If I try to go after them, the game will tell me not to go too far out of the territory, and thus I can't take over because I can't get close enough to the wave to kill them. This mostly happens to me wihle I'm trying to take over Vagos turf, but also happened once or twice while fighting Ballas.

Stowaway (mission):
The plane takes off too fast most of the time. On my PC it's impossible to get on without cheating, but on my friend's PC it moves much slower.

Mountain Cloud Boys (mission):
At the very begining, you drive Woozie around the back of the block. Everytime I park the car facing north, CJ and Woozie will get out of the car normally, but CJ will be frozen (I can't make him budge) while Woozie goes on about loose cobblestone and asking me to follow him. But if I park the car facing south, it works fine.

crais1984
  • crais1984

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

apparently in reviews of the game ive read online and in magazines they all stated that even on their highest end PC's, and im sure that reviewers will have the dogs bollocks in PC machinery, they all encountered the audio cutting out when it rained etc and speech cutting out in cut scenes so dont give me no bollocks that it is just cos the PC cant handle the sound. Its pretty simple f*ckin sounds and ud have 2 have a v v v v v v sh*t pc not 2 be able 2 hear them so its an actual bug devil.gif

Googlesta
  • Googlesta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

wole04:
The sound cutting out happens to a lot of people even with good sound cards.
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the # of sound channels since it cuts out with rain. Like the game is setting something to 8 sound channels when most systems can handle 32 sound channels. Unfortunately R* didn't leave us a setting in audio setup for sound channels.

And crashes happen to a lot of people with systems way better than needed for this game, like me. I have a few crashes now and then. Part of it is that there's some memory leaks in the game. If you play for an extended period and look at the in game map a lot eventually it will probably crash.

And part of it is that R* just didn't do enough testing on various computer configurations.

Check out my FAQ, theres a lot of things (including most of what you are suggesting) there that have helped some people out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users