Quantcast

» «
Photo

American Grand Prix

22 replies to this topic
Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

I'm watching it now, 23 laps left, and it's an absolute shambles.

For those not up to date - every team racing was using a type of Michelin tyre that was found to have a serious flaw, and in fact fail at high speeds due to an unpredicted weight of each car. This means all teams have backed out of the race, bar Minardi, Jordan and Ferrari, all driving on Bridgestones.

The FIA could have resolved the situation by adding a chicane to the longer straight of the track, but refused due to currently unknown reasons. All teams left after the first formation lap, and the three teams began the race. The race has also now been declared useless - no points will come of it. The angry fans have left, after throwing bottles on the track to endanger the innocent lives of the racing drivers (pricks).

As I write this, Rubens Barichello and Michael Schumacher almost collided as Michael left the pit; which is quite amusing considering there are currently 6 cars on the track.

This is one, big mess of a race, and America certainly isn't impressed with the FIA or F1 as a whole. My view is that this is an appalling display of disorganisation for a billion-pound sport, and the fans have every right to be pissed off considering the amounts some must have paid for tickets.

"Lunacy of the highest order" as the commentator has just said.

14 laps to go now, what are your thoughts? Who is at fault and who should be held responsible?

<3D

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

I guess we could use this, but there is a topic about this going on i sports discussion confused.gif

F*ck michelin btw.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

f*ck the GP.

And if no points are going to come out of it, then why are they still racing? Anyways, my live feed have both cut it, and they're going back at random moments to give some comments and what not, one of those being the incident among the Ferrari's.

Anyways, I'm pissed off.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Well I guess this could act as a summary topic of the F1.. I guess a mod can decide what to do with it.

Michelin may be at fault, but what's up with the FIA rejecting the appeal to have a chicane?

QUOTE (Chunky)
And if no points are going to come out of it, then why are they still racing?

Because it's fun. tounge.gif

<3D

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

I don't know, there's jsut more and more regulations and rules, as they said, F1 is looking more like a Business today...

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

To have the chicane would've required to have practice sessions with the chicane in place, or else the drivers are going into an unfamiliar curve with no prior knowledge of it.

groundride
  • groundride

enjoy fun cars

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

adding a chicane would have made it unfair to the cars on bridgestone tires that were fit to take the troublesome corner.

it's a screwed up situation.

clc: points are still being given.

postCount++

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (groundride @ Jun 19 2005, 20:33)

You sure? I don't think they are..

<3D

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 19 2005, 20:35)

<3D

They are to the 6, the others are not classified.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 19 2005, 21:35)

<3D

That's what the commentators were saying, but I'd trust STM over those tits.

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

First off, mistakes happen and engineering cannot always be perfect. But better research could have been carried out and the tires should never have touched a teams rim, but that's life.

They sourced an alternative solution to the problem and the FIA f*cked it up. If I was in that set of 6 drivers I would have wheelspin it in 1st gear right down the the first corner, done a few donuts and quit saying my tyres are f*cked. give the croud an ounce of entertainement. Burnout at 19,000 rpm.

Martin Brundle (ITV F1's commentator in UK) made my day though. First off having a go at Burnie Ecclestone on the grid then says "Hmmm, I think we're better with a womans point of view" then tries to get some sense from his wife. That was hilarious.

Then he made a stab at Schumacher twice. Once on his grid walk when he talked to Barrichello when he said a comment about having a go and beating Schumacher. We all know there have been a few times Barrichello has sat in the mirrors of Schumacher even though he has had far more pace and the better skill on the day. Team orders not in force? Yeah right, glad Martin Brundle notices too.

Gotta love the comment about Schumacher on the podium too. "If Michael Schumacher does his victory leap on the podium i will personally puch him in the face".

That man certainly sees my point of view when it comes to F1.

I watched the whole thing and I had loads of things I could have been doing. Came home searly from a horse show to watch it. Pfft.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:00 AM

Money, money and useless races. As always i see the financial side first. At the price the broadcasting rights cost now, the US GP is a big joke. Plus all the sponsorship thingy etc... You really don't know how much does it cost, but the money that is put in game is really huge.

Personnally i admire and hate the FIA. Admire because they are old school "we decide rules, and they can't be changed, so you have what we want". Hate because, one, they knew that by getting a compromise with michelin they wouldn't lost money, plus the safety appears to be a priority...

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 20 2005, 06:16)

considering there are currently 6 cars on the track.

Sounds like one hell of a race tounge.gif .

But seriously, what's the point of continuing the race if no points are being given? They're just wasting their own time.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

You'd be feeling pretty dark about paying money to go and see it.

Didnt Ralf Shumacher crash last year too in the Williams?

Anyways, back to the crowd, I would have been one of the people throwing sh*t on the course. All the more reason for the Yanks to stick with Champcars, this is the only exposure to F1 that they have.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jun 20 2005, 21:38)
I would have been one of the people throwing sh*t on the course.

Same with me.

I'd be pissed if I paid good money to see a Grand Prix, then be let down with seeing only 6 cars race. They should of got re-emburssed some of the ticket price or something.

J@m$
  • J@m$

StrokesUK

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

Considering last time i saw the Gp at Silverstone the tickets would have been 400 EACH, (but thankfully free because of special circumstances) you can see why all of the more expensive stands were still full. Anyways, its all Ferraris fault as they were the only team who refused to race with a chicane confused.gif

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

Personally what I think they should have done is postpone the race until the probs with the tyres are fixed and offered to refund the ticket's or allow spectator's to see the postponed race.Oh and fine Michellen for a mistake on that level. Think if the flaw didn't appear till mid race and the drivers lost control it could be much worse.

It's appalling to me at least that these tyres were allowed out of the factory.

They should have a very sterm talk to Michellen and stay true to the spectators

Hell even most stock car race wouldn't have this and with what they charge in comparison to a stock car race it gives you something to think about the way sometimes large powerful groups can act.

designerdrugs
  • designerdrugs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

It was crap to watch but atleast Nascar was on at the same time biggrin.gif

I read that if you have a ticket from the US GP then you can go to the Cleveland CART race for free...

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (J@m$ @ Jun 20 2005, 21:05)
Anyways, its all Ferraris fault as they were the only team who refused to race with a chicane confused.gif

It's what they had to do in order to give Shuey a win.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jun 20 2005, 11:38)
I would have been one of the people throwing sh*t on the course.

QUOTE (maverick01)
Same with me.

Why? It's not like it was the drivers' fault that sh*t was happening - maybe their teams, but why should you put the drivers' lives at risk simply because you're angry at a bad race? I was appalled by that; it was stupid, even though unfortunately typical.

<3D

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 22 2005, 08:21)
I was appalled by that; it was stupid, even though unfortunately typical.

..by Americans.

confused.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

sh*ts and giggles.

And it wouldnt seriously put their lives at risk, it isnt much to straddle a water bottle, and Barichello did run over one and no damage incurred.

J@m$
  • J@m$

StrokesUK

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jun 22 2005, 09:21)
sh*ts and giggles.

And it wouldnt seriously put their lives at risk, it isnt much to straddle a water bottle, and Barichello did run over one and no damage incurred.

If the car had hit one of those full beer cans at 180mph, it would do huge amounts of damage, would easily knock a wing off, but of course only if the thrower had actually hit the car, rather than hitting the floor in front of it...
Wow ive confused myself

In conclusion, hell yes it would put their lives at risk, im sure a full bottle of water wont do a crash helmet much good at 180mph either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users