The modded Cars glitch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
_Raziel_
  • _Raziel_

Hitman

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:36 PM

I think I've read about this somewhere but can't remember the details exactly. Basically I modded a Car with new wheels & nitros. Then I put it into the garage near the beach in Los Santos. Next I go to my garage in San Fiero opposite Wang Cars to find only a Bike in there when previous to modding the other car it contained 2 Cars & 1 Bike.
Just wondering if this will have affected all the other garages that I have with vehicles in them ? Haven't been around to check them yet. Also if theres a way to stop this happening other than not bothering to mod any cars cause it would be pretty boring not being able to do that wouldn't it?

Corrodias
  • Corrodias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

i dont know if this also plagues the ps2 and xbox versions, but the pc version has a bug involving modded cars and garages. a bug? in GTA:SA? say it isnt so! tounge.gif

from what i understand, if you store more than 1 vehicle in any garage, there's a chance that, after you do anything like do a mission or learn new moves at a gym, some of the cars will disappear and/or lose their paint jobs. apparently the San Fierro Garage garage is pretty unstable.

i have one modded lowrider that loves to turn white, though it's supposed to have a paint job of flames.

basically, all you can do is keep several saves, plus one "special" save slot that you only save in after going to EVERY garage with cars in it and making sure that they are all still there and in proper condition. if you don't mind, you can also keep only one car in each garage.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

Lol I always lose the Jester's pj @ SF Garage w/ a Bullet (non mod). I have a modded pj:ed Slamvan @ CJ's house hasn't lost the pj yet (the only one in the garage).

srg
  • srg

Bored Ass

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:46 PM Edited by srg, 20 June 2005 - 01:49 PM.

Unfortunately, there're quite a lot of bugs & glitches in SA.

As for the garages, depends I think on how you manage them and the cars you store there. You can try storing the cars in a horizontal way just like sardines, and I found this quite effective in maintaining them. Plus try to check on them very regularly and always keep a master saved game every step of the way.

pixelrage
  • pixelrage

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:00 PM

for PC users -- does Rockstar plan to offer patches? If so, I wont even bother collecting or modding cars until then. I havent even started doing that yet, anyway.

Corrodias
  • Corrodias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

Vice City had a patch, so i wouldnt be surprised if there's one for SA, too. once they figure out how to fix the problems, that is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users