Photo

Smartlist 100% Checklist...

11 replies to this topic
Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:17 PM

I was just checking out Demarest's GTA3 site http://www.tfads.com/gta3/ yesterday and noticed that he had a new 100% checklist up, it is pretty damn cool and it even calculates what percentage you should be at. I was wondering how it saves though. Does it use a cookie? Because I plan to use it but donít want to accidentally delete my checklist when I clear my cache or cookies out. BTW Demarest, your site is amazing and will be a huge help when I play though GTA3 for 100%, thanks for putting the work into it.

GTA_kev
  • GTA_kev

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

I don't have 100% in GTA3. sad.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:35 AM

It's too bad that he can't post here to thank you. This is the forum that he currently posts at. I'm sure he'd like to hear your compliments.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

@Smithdogg1: I REALLY appreciate that. When you posted this, I wasn't able to and I thank you for spreading the word. If you could see the advancements I've made towards v3 already, I would like to think your jaw would be on the floor. I've been working hard and it's coming out even better than I thought it could. Sit tight though, upgrades are on the way!

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jun 19 2005, 19:02)
@Smithdogg1: I REALLY appreciate that. When you posted this, I wasn't able to and I thank you for spreading the word. If you could see the advancements I've made towards v3 already, I would like to think your jaw would be on the floor. I've been working hard and it's coming out even better than I thought it could. Sit tight though, upgrades are on the way!

Christ in hell.

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:32 PM Edited by simps, 20 June 2005 - 08:20 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jun 19 2005, 19:02)

I finally meet Demarest. How are you? I tried to see the checklist, but when i clicked the link it gave me this:
Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: demgta3100s1=[numbers and some letters]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at server771.dnslive.net Port 80

Wow i didn't notice it was that long.
I've gotten very far with your guide on tfads.com Thanks so much

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

I'm fine, thank you, but PLEASE edit your post to remove tall those characters. It's breaking the page sad.gif

I am interested in troubleshooting the issue you are having. However, when I use v2 of the list, I am able to save in every slot and the cookie still isn't too large to be transmitted. Not sure if that's what they error you're receiving is saying, but that's what it looked like to me. It should be noted that v3 is changed in ways that will make old save obsolete, so it is recommended that you not use the list until at v3 is out. If you need to, that's fine, but just know you will be stuck using the same version of the smartlist in the meantime.

Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

Dammit I am getting the same error now as well! I canít even get into my list anymore, good thing I kept an old paper checklist as a backup. Another thing was right before it stopped working I was at 18%; I then put out 20 fires in Portland yet still remained at 18%, however according to your list I should have been at 20%. I wonder which is wrong the list or the game? Now I have that to worry about. Do you have an estimated time on when V3 will be ready? I may im you later, my name with me the same as it is here.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:02 AM

Obviously the mistake would've been mine IF that's what you saw. Most of it was tested extensively by a couple people and putting out 20 fires shouldn't have given you ANY mission points, unless it was the last 20. In which case you would've received ONE missions point and therefore possibly no more percent. May I ask what browser you're using? Everything is tested in IE and since the things almost 100% javascript, a different interpreter could mean different results. Even if you don't use IE (assuming you're on Windows), you may want to use it for that. No worries though. My site doesn't advertise, have any malicious coding, or anything like that. Just uses cookies for the sake of data retention.

When I am finished, I MIGHT try and make it cross platform. Not sure. As for when v3 will be available, it's entirely graphical and for some fields, the graphics are taking longer than the coding. However, I do have 3 of the next 4 nights off, so you can probably expect it very soon.

Also, are you getting this same problem in both v1 and v2?

Smithdogg1
  • Smithdogg1

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

Hi Demarest, I use Firefox, after playing with it a bit I was able to get it working again, the error happened when I tired to save another file, I deleted the cookie though my browser and was able to get back into my main file. And the thing with the fire truck missions is if you check off all 20 one at a time then hit save it adds to your percent, but if you just check the 20 at the end, it does not add to it, but good to know that it is not supposed to give you any additional percent either way. I think that is just a glitch with the list, because I checked off police missions one by one (as I did them) and it all added out correct (or at least I think). I may just use IE for it from now on, or I will probably wait until V3 is out and then use IE for that, to save me from entering all my data again twice, maybe the error does not effect IE, but I am not sure. Also I have never used V1 so I do not know if it happens with that too. BTW no rush on getting V3 out, take your time and keep up the good work, I am sure that V3 will be amazing.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:41 AM

Dem, v2 is still working for me with Firefox.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

Actually, there was an error. As a result, v2 has been pulled down. It had to do with cookies. Apparently, they only hold so much info and I was trying to save more to them then is allowed. As a result, the log feature had to be externalized. It has its ups and downs. Since it was really only meant for me, I think future releases will not have a logger. Or it will be optional if I research and determine I can do it via bitcoding. I'm thinking of even re-releasing v3 with the logger removed for those who might feel the prompts get in the way.

Anyways, v3 IS now released. It features a 100% graphical representation. Even if you're on 56k, don't fret; total weight of it all is about 1.14 MB. Vigilante, Taxi Driver, and Firefigter have all been switched over to incrementation. This is helpful because if you do the jobs in multiple goes, you won't always know your total fares/criminals/fires, but the current ones are displayed so when you're done, just click on how many you did. Boss missions are COLOR CODED! This means that at a glance, you can see which jobs are on deck, sealed, or required to complete the storyline.

Although v3 really is what I set out to accomplish, this is probably not the end for it. Already, I have plans on ways to give it a slightly better layout (I'm obssessed with lack of scrollbars; sue me), increased functionality, etc. I'm even beginning to see ways it can tie into the walkthrough I was previously building to provide information on the fly. One step at a time though. I rushed v3 out the door because I wanted to play the game again wink.gif So now that it is how I wanted it to be, future releases will be better coded with whatever time/effort they require to really do the job nicely invested into it. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users