Photo

Flatout

8 replies to this topic
SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

I downloaded and started playing the demo for Flatout, a new racing game. and it blew my mind. for starters the game looks absolutley gorgeous. on top of that, the cars are completely damagable, fenders, hoods, bumpers, the works. all fall off and the body of the car sustains damage. how cool is that. the creators claim the levels each have about 3000 damagable objects that stay on the track after you hit them, and can cause damage to your opponents.

to top it all off, on hard impacts or in some of the mini games, the driver actually flies out of the car, and has ragdoll physics!

this is quite possibly the best game i have EVER seen. if the full game matches the demo, i dont think i will ever stop playing this game. i took some high-quality screenies of the demo version:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

it seems the game is already out in europe, and is scheduled to be released july 12th in north america. I for one cannot wait.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:40 AM

I *obtained* this game not too long ago.
The single player is super short.
Graphically, it is a beauty though.

The only thing about it that really pissed me off, was if you f*cked up even once in a race, you would end up at the back of the pack with no chance of catching up.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:48 AM

I was wondering when a topic was going to pop up about this game. I believe it was cancelled awhile ago but is making a comeback. I recently played the PC demo and an *acquired* version of the full game and have to say I am overjoyed at the result. I can't wait to get my hands on it for xbox next month.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

Nah it was never cancelled, its been out in Australia for like months. I played the demo like months ago and thought it was awesome, the damage is just so nice. Yazu here at the forums was releasing his Datsun 280ZX model for Flatout so yeah it is out just not in the US I'd assume.

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

Yeah its a good game for about two days. It just seemed to get boring really quickly. - Dome Piece

The Miker
  • The Miker

The Evil One

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

I played the demo a little while ago, it was nothing spectacular but it kept me entertained for a little while. The only thing I like about it is how the driver gets flung around so easily...so naturally I crashed every chance I got. biggrin.gif

supersupra
  • supersupra

Banzai driver.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

Ive played it, i dont think its that good. Exept the damage of the cars.
If you like muscle cars, dirt and like to f*ck the cars up, then thats the game you should get biggrin.gif

Ill stick to Gran Turismo and NFS...

Taxmod
  • Taxmod

ROAR!!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:56 PM Edited by Taxmod, 18 June 2005 - 08:40 PM.

I love that demo, I want the full game, but my pc sucks. Here is a screen I took:

user posted image

EDIT: Some more screens:

user posted imageuser posted image

What is the best site to upload videos?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

JUst playing the demo now - this is pretty sweet!

*Starts saving up for full game*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users