Photo

*.DFF converter

52 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:09 PM

thanks for the fast reply, thats the method ive been trying since SA PS2 but so far ive failed, i must be deleting the wrong sections suicidal.gif any chance you could post some screens of RWA showing the correct section/s that need to be deleted? as this has been driving me quietly mad for a few months now.

on a sideways note, i have managed to see the NRG500.dff (and a few objects like the ufosign......bones!! cry.gif ....) using your CAV and it shows all the normals/extra's etc real nice, if only you could export the mesh in one format or another. wink.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

Wait a sec... this cannot be used to convert SA PS2 models, not at all. They have a totally different format, trying to convert them this way is a complete waste of time. SA PC models however, are almost identical to VC PC models. They just have a higher version number, that's why ZM won't load them, so you can simply change the version to 3.4 with RWA (Tools > Commands > Change File Version > RW 3.4). You don't have to delete any sections at all. (And this has been posted several times already in this thread.)

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

no you read me wrong, i am not trying to mod the ps2 dff's, but i have been trying since it came out on ps2, now the pc version is out im working on that, i misread the bit in your post about deleting the empty sections, i just didn't think it was a simple file version change in RWA, although i do understand the reason cars don't work.

thanks for your help steve smile.gif

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:44 PM

I too understand why the cars dont work with the 3nd UV channel

but what Tommy deleted to get the NRG and skateboard into zmodeler is what i wanna know, ive been playing around for a dat or so and i keep getting crashes...

simply converting them to 3.4 still causes a crash, therefore something must be deleted....

but interesting to know...

also someone on the Borg gaming fourm, has a Renderware 3.7 Maya licence.... he cant distrute anything obviously due to copy right laws, but he can veiw .dff models of SA in the dff 3.7 model veiwer that comes with the licence, so its definatly 3.7

but there is no import for maya, and as for export filter, he tried, and although he replaced the flowers, the game started up, but nothing was there, no model loaded or it was invisable, soo.....

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (silver007 @ Jun 22 2005, 17:44)

also someone on the Borg gaming fourm, has a Renderware 3.7 Maya licence.... he cant distrute anything obviously due to copy right laws, but he can veiw .dff models of SA in the dff 3.7 model veiwer that comes with the licence, so its definatly 3.7

but there is no import for maya, and as for export filter, he tried, and although he replaced the flowers, the game started up, but nothing was there, no model loaded or it was invisable, soo.....

*cough* no one on these boards has renderware graphics 3.7... monocle.gif

but if they did, they could tell you that straight exporting from Rw, in maya or 3ds max, won't work in Sa, because some of the data in the DFF itself, has been modified by R*.

The viewer itself, will view files that are 3.7, or 3.6, but sa, according to the exe, is actually built on 3.6.
And if you think about it, why would there be importers for maya or max? its assumed that the artists will retain the original scenes - importing files would never be an issue in proper game development.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:43 AM

Well, I got the player model of Claude to work ingame:

user posted image

user posted image

Just the same as getting the PS2 CJ models in, Convert>3.4, Delete all HANIM.PLG, and that UNKNOWN .

I tried it without deleting the bones ingame, but it crashed confused.gif

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:11 AM

Hopefully R* can still live up to their word and release those damn Mod tools and the 1.1 patch, or else they'll look like fools for hyping up the mod support story.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

The claude model i also have ready in zmodeler, however it seems your model is stiff still........... his arms appear to not have moved

user posted image

plus, well Tommy 1986 is 100% busted now

user posted image

i found out how.... though its not as simple as Import, move around, and export. (never is, is it?)

also, ashdexx, i was mearly stating what i saw he had wrote,

here ill quote him

QUOTE (Tomaz)
As to explain what the 3.4 part means is that most likely GTA Vice City was created using RenderWare 3.4 ( latest is 3.7 ) What version that GTA:SA uses i really dont know but considering the date the PS2 version came out id guess that it does use 3.7.

I can and have got my hands on a Maya plugin that can export RenderWare 3.7 dff's but as i said i am unsure if that is what San Andreas uses.
REdistributing this Maya plugin is also very illegal since it comes with RenderWare when you buy a license which is some 50.000 a year.

I have it because ive studied a 1 year uni course in comp game dev and we use RenderWare there.
I will make some investigations as of what version the dff models in San Andreas is.

*update*
Just tested and the model viewer that come with RenderWare 3.7 can view these dff's.. Also tested to load a dff from Vice City and that failed. So I assume their viewer can only view 3.7 dff's and that it means that SA does use RenderWare 3.7

QUOTE (Tomaz)
RW comes with exporters for both Max and Maya.. so no difference in the price. Sadly it has no importers at all. thats why i tried to replace the flowers which i assumed has no hierarchy since the model is just 1 part. But it didnt go to well. The game started but all flowers were gone. And it wasnt just invisible either since i know where to pick them up and i didnt get any even if i went there. But the game did start. I will do some more investigation in this matter today and see what i can come up with.

i dont really want or care to debate if hes lieing about owning an importer/exporter or veiwer for Maya or max or not, i was meary saying what he had said

i too also would like to know about this so called "player mod support" boasted on their website
so far we have seen nothing of it, no support email, or forums, or tools, the only thing we have is support by email which is exactly what we got with Vice

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:48 AM

i wasn't questioning him, and i think you misinterpreted my post. read between the lines at the begining of my last post, and all should become clear wink.gif

he has some of the facts wrong on RW though, the minimum license fee is only $10,000 usd, not 50, though that doesn't make it any less illegal.

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:58 AM Edited by Fro, 25 June 2005 - 05:00 AM.

QUOTE (silver007 @ Jun 25 2005, 03:41)

i too also would like to know about this so called "player mod support" boasted on their website
so far we have seen nothing of it, no support email, or forums, or tools, the only thing we have is support by email which is exactly what we got with Vice[/color]

Also, if you look in the back of the Book, there's a disclaimer on Mod Support. My guess is R* is trying to get all the legal stuff sorted out before releasing any mod support or Patches.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:33 PM Edited by BCspeed34, 26 June 2005 - 02:23 AM.

Haha, it's not a player model, just a statue of Claude tounge2.gif

I got another building in, and the NRG, as well as the Andromada:

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:42 AM

How'd you get the burger shot in Vice?

Nice. smile.gif

ocram88
  • ocram88

Mapper & Mission Scripter

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

i think he convert is to RW 3.4

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:11 PM

Steve M.
Can i convert DFF from RW3.4 format to RW3.? format SA in RWAnalyze0.4B?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

now RWA owns my arse..................... lol.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:18 AM

Since Everyone else seems to be showing off there SA stuff in Vice City, ill joing the bandwagon...

**Note these images may become broken or removed, due to me having to find a new host

-AT-400 Replacing the Airtrain
-SA Skimmer
-SA Squallo
-SA Nrg-500, Freeway, and Wayfarer
-All Cars have SA reflection Map
-SA wheels (from SA vehicles)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

-SA loading screen
-SA cursor and Menu Background
-SA Font, and Hud
-ALL SA Weapons, plus there hud icons
-SA Save Icon, Health Icon, Dollar Icon
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

More Images
Bribe Icon
Heart Icon
Money Icon
Loading Screen
Menu

I plan to release all of it as an update to my San Andreas mod, making it 2.1, which already has some SA mods included

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:12 AM

ARRGH How do you all get this to work?!?!?! I wanna know! PLEASE! This is pretty cool though, people have already found out how to convert some things in San Andreas to Vice City! The first picture that Gforce has a NRG-500 but the other car in the background is: a kart? or a vortex hovercraft?

Nipa devil.gif

yodaco
  • yodaco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

its a shame this is so difficult to do.... and its only difficult because some selfish software writer wants to make some easy money.

Its a real shame when you think about it.. so many tools out there that do so many important jobs for modders. we would pretty much all be unable to create even half decent mods without them... but all the software writers ask is your gratitude and a bug report here and there...

I realise that software writers do a good job for our benifit and they put a hell of alot of effort into it, and they know its much appreciated.. but if you want to ask for money you should think about a reasonable amount,, 30-40 seems a bit steap just for importing models...

im no software writer so i cant realy judge the writer of Zmodeler.. but from me, all i want is to make some small model changes just to suit my own needs.. but i cant afford to pay that kind of cash just to do it... i dont put my mods online because firstly i dont think they are worth uploading. but mostly because i cant say with 100% certainty where some of the moddels in my mod came from or who made the tools that i used to do it and so on.... but im sure if i made a realy nice texture or model i would upload it..

i really want to try my hand at modeling.. its the only thing in my whole time modding that i cant say ive ever done myself... short of that, ive pretty much played with every thing else you can play with and some things you maybee shouldnt...

but untill a free way of ither converting or straight up editing .dff i wont be able to... i know that there are sample models that come with Zmodeler. But ive played with them all fare bit and i still dont feel i know what it takes to build one from scratch..

Maybee some day

(sorry.. that was a bit of a rant... but its been bugging me for quite a while)

Karlo_sedam
  • Karlo_sedam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

Can anyone tell me the steps, how to modiff the .dff file in san andreas??

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:57 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 20 August 2008 - 12:00 PM.

deleted post

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Karlo_sedam @ Aug 20 2008, 06:55)
Can anyone tell me the steps, how to modiff the .dff file in san andreas??

Don't bump, this is from 05.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

For map mods there are heaps of 3dsmax scripts which support batch conversion just take a look arround or use map IO and Deniska's multiple DFF export ( or KAMS) good luck, changing the RW version will also work fine.

jjfeu
  • jjfeu

jjfeu

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

I made a knife with MeshCreator. Is there a website/software/other thing that can convert the mc2 into a dff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users