Check Out My Car...

22 replies to this topic
Young Vercetti
  • Young Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/779015

I just got it painted last week, tell me what you think about it.

Thanks, Kenny.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

We actually have a whole forum for Vehicle talk, I'll move the topic for you.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:31 AM

ewww. I hate those damn cars. I like muscle cars more. but if you like it, Im happy for you smile.gif .

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:35 AM

Nice, you're going for the showcar look, aren't you? .. Anyhoo the only thing that kinda makes me go ugh.. is that front. You should put an s13 frontclip on it. That would look kick ass. Other than that., awsome color mate. Oh and RIP 300zx. sad.gif

Btw the transmission swap was and is the greatest mod that you did to it. inlove.gif

Young Vercetti
  • Young Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

Im getting the seats reupholstered in suede and doing some suede on the door panels and glove box, and that's as "show" as it will get. Next thing I have planned is a RB25 swap.

To tell the truth, I never really liked the s13 front end until after I had the body kit put on. Now Im kicking my a** for spending the money on something I wish I would have done differently.

And yeah, the tranny swap was definately the best mod. You don't know how sluggish and held back your automatic feels until you swap it to a 5 speed...feels totally different.

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

Pumping Propaganda since 04

• The Connection

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:33 AM

Looks good. I like the color, actually. Tranny swaps aren't cheap, are they? That's a good move regardless- so much more freedom and control with a car like that.

I laugh though, because if I had made a topic like this about my car I would become as popular as buying ice over the internet.

GetawayInStockholm
  • GetawayInStockholm

Blue Powder

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:46 AM

So you drift with that thing?

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

Nice colour choice, i'm loving the rims and front as well.

Oh, and way to go on wrecking your dads car..yeh..i read through to page 5. tounge2.gif

DiVaio
  • DiVaio

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

If I was you, I would try to modify the back a bit more, because that'll probably be the thing people see most when you're on the highway.
I like the paintjob and the bodykit as well, so all in all it's a pretty good ride.

Touge
  • Touge

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:41 AM

Mmm that's pretty damn nice. Keep it as a Onevia, S13 Silvia front looks ugly on those IMO.

Once you do the RB25 swap, I'd suggest tracking down some brake caliper's and discs from either a JDM R32 Skyline GTS-t or GTS-4 or using the brakes from a Z32 300ZX. The caliper's are black with "Nissan" stamped on them. These are far superior to what you've got now and you'll need bigger brake's with an RB25 swap.

If you wanna go a bit further, change the hubs etc to a 5-stud setup using components from either of the two cars mentioned above and try to find an R200 rear diff setup from a skyline. These diffs will handle pretty much everything you throw at them and are also limited slip which is good.

If you can, it may also be a good idea to source a matching gearbox with your RB25 as this is THE strongest box from the nissan factory cool.gif

Just remember there are also cheaper options such as using an RB30E bottom end and an RB25DE (non-turbo) cylinder head and chucking on a turbo. Now this may not sound ideal but it has been done with awesome results and the setup is reliable to boot! You can even use a factory cast manifold from an RB20DET to save money. A guy was using that combination with an external wastegate and TO4 turbo and running low 10's consistently for two season's with a PB of 10.21. This car was an AWD though. The base for the engine was 301,000km old (188,125 miles) and rebuilt to factory specs while the cylinder head was from an NA and completely untouched. Made around 550HP.

Try www.skylinesdownunder.com for more information. There are members on there from all over the world including the U.S

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:58 AM

Seeing as it basically has the body design as a S13, I'd also go with the front clip. If this were a 180SX instead I'd tell you either way because they both look good, but I had never known that the U.S. spec S13 came with the 180SX front. That's horrible!

You also have a very nice car color, I'm digging it a lot. I, myself, would've gone with the black because black never goes out of fashion when it comes to cars, but the Z33 Blue Pearl is also very nice.

A five speed in your car is also a good upgrade, since I can imagine how sluggish an automatic transmission from the early-90's can be, since the newer automatics are still sluggish even with all the 'advances' in technology we have.

Isn't the RB25 the engine from the 400R? I can't remember, but I know for a fact that the normal street-spec Skylines use the RB26.

It's too sad to see what happened to your Z32, though.

Touge
  • Touge

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:05 PM

The 400R was a Nismo version of the GT-R, it used an RB26 as all post-'89 GT-R's did. The RB25 came out in the R32 GTS25 as an NA, then in the R33 and 34 as an NA And turbo. It's fitted to the lesser-powered lesser-specced skyline's (GTS 25t etc) And got a NEO VVL cylinder head in the R34 versions. They're pretty cheap nowadays too.

Mankind
  • Mankind

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:27 AM

Ugh. I don't really like blue. I'm not that fond of the model either.

Taxmod
  • Taxmod

ROAR!!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:50 AM

I like it, loving the color and the system. Sweet bumbers. I can't believe you guys don't like it.

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

hmm, i like onevias for the most part, although i can't say i'm a fan of your choice in front bumper confused.gif

as for the RB25 conversion, good luck getting the bonnet to close tounge.gif if it does close, the inlet manifold will be touching the bonnet.

i would suggest upgrading your suspension and brakes before going for the 25. whats the use of having power if you cant use it around a corner? some coilovers and some R32/33 brakes would be perfect.

how hard will it be for you to come across an A31 cefiro engine crossmember? as you will need one to get an RB in there. unless you use an R32 one, but then you need to use R32 suspension as well.

thankfully your car was auto in its previos life. thats good, as you'd have a hard time fitting an RB25 box in the manual S13 trans tunnel.

@touge: an RB30DET build isnt quite that simple. if you're using a DE head then you need to change the valve springs to GTR or better. if you use a DET head you have to modify the oil galleries for the VVT setup. you also need to run an aftermarket management system nd loads of other crap if you want to do it properly. then theres the issue of finding a low km RB30E bottom end. considering the fact that this guy is in the USA, and they didnt get anything RB30 powered over there, its not as simple as it is in australia or new zealand.

@CLC: only GTR skylines have RB26DETTs. your garden variety have all sorts of different engines. R32s come with CA18I, RB20E, RB20DE, RB20DET, RB25DE, RB26DETT. R33 can have an RB20E, RB25DE, RB25DET, RB26DETT. R34 can have an RB20DE-NEO, RB25DET-NEO, RB26DETT-NEO. then there are other RB powered cars such as Laurels and Cefiros, as well as some Nissan Patrols.

/whore.. ..<3

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

Nice car i like it. I especially like the rims and the front. The paint job is nice to. LOL totalled 300zx.

Kutthroat
  • Kutthroat

Abgoosht For Life

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (lySdEXiA @ Jun 18 2005, 01:22)
hmm, i like onevias for the most part, although i can't say i'm a fan of your choice in front bumper confused.gif

I agree fully.

Colour is nice though.

smile.gif

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

I like the car, nice colour too. smile.gif

Young Vercetti
  • Young Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, sorry I didn't get back earlier - I haven't been around the computer.

I have it all planned out, I just need to find a beater car to drive while everything is being done to the s13. A guy in town was gonna sell me his '91 fastback, but he hasn't got back in touch with me in a while.

I have everything from my z32 to do the big brake swap, none of it was hurt in the accident. As far as suspension, differential, motor mounts, etc. I have found everything I am going to need, and after I pay for this year of college I will be able to start getting into buying everything. I've been getting a lot of help from the guys at NICO (dont know if any of you have heard of it, but its a great Nissan/Infiniti site, http://www.nicoclub.com/).

Thanks again...

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

Nice car man wink.gif Lovin the bumpers and color smile.gif

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

The failure of the family and proud of it!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:17 AM

The colours awsome i love it u should but e s13 silvia front onto it it would look awsome do u go drifftin in dat sh*t?

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Trueno_Drifter86 @ Jul 4 2005, 05:17)
The colours awsome i love it u should but e s13 silvia front onto it it would look awsome do u go drifftin in dat sh*t?

Word yo homie.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Jul 4 2005, 01:18)
QUOTE (Trueno_Drifter86 @ Jul 4 2005, 05:17)

Word yo homie.

yo yo yo homie yo?

@trueno: we speak english around here. you should try to learn it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users