17 replies to this topic
chipix
  • chipix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

Hi all,

Why we miss the functionality of a quick save? dontgetit.gif

I mean is so frustrating to have to spend half an hour at least to go to 80% perent of a mission and then you lose your progress because you failed a simple task! suicidal.gif
I have searched around a little but strange enough I have not found many complaints about this.

Is it a mod out there that it will do the trick? rolleyes.gif

chipix

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

No.

What mission is your problem? I beat the game, too bad it was too easy for me sad.gif .

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:02 PM

Has there ever been a qucksave? I think not. It is kind of stupid to have one. It makes no sense to just randomly save out of the middle of nowhere. You have to actually do something first. Just beat the mission, do something different from what you did last time and finish the mission. Then carefully drive back home if you are low on health.

elbadman
  • elbadman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

It is kinda frustrating not to have a quicksave sometimes, especially when you end up wasted for a stupid reason while you were about to complete a mission, but I guess that would also spoil the fun of the game...It would probably not be as relieving to see "mission completed" sigh.gif

chipix
  • chipix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

The problem is the availability of time.
I cannot spend 1 hour trying to complete, let's say the Fireman or other mission, and lose it at the final because i turned wrong in one street and lose by a second the timeout.

elbadman
The fun of the game is the 100 more missions and the story. The game difficulty should not be the quick save absence. Have you played Halflife 2? If I did not have quick save I would not play it at all, and I would miss everything. And I do not like playing games with cheats!

Cojawfee
Your reply say it all. "Then carefully drive back home if you are low on health." => So, spend half an hour trying and cross fingers to be back. It is not stupid to improve the gameplay in order not to have to repeat the same mission 10 times in order to complete it. It is boring to repeat over and over again.

nlitement
As I replied, the problem is not a specific mission. See my above reply

Trepanic
  • Trepanic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

I totally agree with you, chipix. I got the same frustrations. I, mean San Andreas is huge, suppose you failed a mission, and you want to try it again; you have to drive all the way back to that red circle thingy, click away the cutscenes, and go back to the mission location. It's terible.
I understand some of you don't have any trouble with a lot of the missions, but not all gamers are the same. in the beginning I had alot of problems completing missions like ''cesar vialpando'' and ''robbing uncle sam'''. I was almost praying for quick save.
There must be a way to make a mod like this isn't there?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

Pfft quicksaves are for FPS, jeez what would be the point in the side misisons if you could save anytime? It totally removes the challenge. Most misisons are short enough that you really shouldn't need a qucksave too often.

chipix
  • chipix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

If you want challenge, do not quick save in any game.
I do not understand why to force me for the challenge. A game is for pleasure and the developers of a game should cover all kinds of a customer, even the lazy ones or the not expert ones.

Paul (The Cheater)
  • Paul (The Cheater)

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (chipix @ Jun 17 2005, 12:25)
A game is for pleasure and the developers of a game should cover all kinds of a customer, even the lazy ones or the not expert ones.

Exactly. That's why I used the modified main.scm so that I can get access to everywhere. I too find it a pain not to be able to save at any point. It puts me off playing it properly.

There must be a way of dumping the memory used by the game so that you could "reload" it and carry on. Maybe someone will write a small program to do this.

sportycomic
  • sportycomic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

uh hello...there is utiliy called place manager...pretty much eliminates all the crap youre complaning about.

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Most of the game is so easy that there needs to be a challenge somewhere. That just happens to be saving.

Wolfmight
  • Wolfmight

Heli-blade Massacre

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:03 PM

I remember GTA 3 has a mod that allows you to save with the menu anywhere in the game.
I'm not sure about vice city, but there is also probably one for it too.
Now san andreas is another story, the coding has been somewhat revamped, but I'm sure it's possible to mod the game so you can save with the game menu anywhere.

xstevex
  • xstevex

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

There would be no point in having all the safe houses if they had a quicksave.

Beady
  • Beady

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

Id be happy if it autosaved after each mission. That way you dont lose any progress if you crash, which seems pretty common for some people confused.gif

shibbybmxboy
  • shibbybmxboy

DJ/MC

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:22 AM

sh*t man, if your looking for a quick save, why are u playing san andreas? GTA has never had a quick save, thats what most people like about the game, makes it alot funner.

Feotank
  • Feotank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

Um Well I would Only like quick-save for one reason This mod for bio hazard for a zombie survival total conversion has no way to save. It would at least be cool for that reason other than that San Andreas without quick save for a not modded game play. Yea some missions are short and some are long but that's the way the game is made if its too hard keep trying that's what I do when I started playing for the first time when it came out I played some missions hundreds of times.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

During the time since this topic was made (Five Years Ago) a Save Anwhere mod has been developed.
Go to the MODDING Forums anytime you want to mod the game.
Also The Really long and complicated Missions have a save feature. If you Fail go to a Save point. When you restart the Mission it may allow you to advance to the next part.
Examples include: OG Loc, Photo Opportunity,and End of the Line.

Feotank
  • Feotank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jun 23 2010, 07:52)
During the time since this topic was made (Five Years Ago) a Save Anwhere mod has been developed.
Go to the MODDING Forums anytime you want to mod the game.
Also The Really long and complicated Missions have a save feature. If you Fail go to a Save point. When you restart the Mission it may allow you to advance to the next part.
Examples include: OG Loc, Photo Opportunity,and End of the Line.

Thanks did not realize that and i did not know there was a save anywhere mod never thought of looking up save anywhere.
I have been looking up quicksave and autosave so i never knew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users