MTA Team released first screens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic
Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:40 PM

The GTA community is extremely lucky that any multi-player mods exist, so please show respect for the effort that goes into them.

These forums are intended for creative SA-MP discussion. If appropriate, you are welcome to discuss similar mods here. However, if you wish to discuss MTA in a way that may not be welcomed here, I suggest you visit the MTA forums instead. I'm sure the MTA team would suggest the same in return.

Jfk003
  • Jfk003

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

Tank is right.

There is true competition between MTA and SA Mp, but I feel it is a good competition, not a "I-need-to-crush-the-opponent"-competition (like say, ATi vs Nvidia for example).

The aim of those two mods is simply not the same ; one hopes to make a MMO game, while the other will be a plateform for other mods... it's not the same thing, it's complementary ; so the ones who benefits of those two mods are.... us, the gamers.

So don't complain, appreciate ; I can honnestly say that I'm waiting for both to show up, even I had doubts about MTA lately.

mvi
  • mvi

Your mother

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

I have to say the mta team has been looking worse off recently and the movie in my view shows some progress on there part, showing at the start missing players and just moving vehicles, then they progress to having actors and then to other player collisions and in the case of the hydras firing.

But at least in my view I think sa-mp will be more popular even though the two m types will be varied. But I'll still download both smile.gif

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

I will also download both. But I have mroe faith in the SA-MP team from the looks of their VC version wink.gif

Hpz
  • Hpz

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (f34r @ Jun 16 2005, 17:37)
I will also download both. But I have mroe faith in the SA-MP team from the looks of their VC version wink.gif

Same here biggrin.gif

XcR
  • XcR

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Congrats to the MTA team on the progress they have made and the release of their video.

KungFuGrip
  • KungFuGrip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (f34r @ Jun 16 2005, 17:37)

hmm... I havn't played the SA:MP Vice City version so I can't share that view yet. sly.gif

I think the actual teams are being very professional... but there are all these leech types who want to provoke an argument.

If you/we all just stopped with the provoking it might give both teams more time to actually focus on the mod and give us a better product sooner.

I think it's clear that both teams want to trump each other to some extent (who wants to put in all this work only to be second best?) but let them do it with the finished product without trying to deal with putting out the flames

Blokker_1999
  • Blokker_1999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

f34r, you also forget that you can not judge MTA:SA on what you know since it is also build on something new, just like SA-MP. There is just nothing either mod can be compared to to what we know to date. And let us not forget that till this day it seems that both projects have a different view at how they want there mod to function.

MTA respects SA-MP, both project and team. And they do the same with MTA. Unfortunatly the community is unable to do the same sometimes. We have started to release some updates and we hope many will folow. Since this was one of our biggest problems.

And off course I am eager to see the project of SA-MP. I hope to expect some updates on there SA work soon. Especially now they have enlarged there team. smile.gif

Hpz
  • Hpz

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Blokker_1999 @ Jun 16 2005, 18:41)
f34r, you also forget that you can not judge MTA:SA on what you know since it is also build on something new, just like SA-MP. There is just nothing either mod can be compared to to what we know to date. And let us not forget that till this day it seems that both projects have a different view at how they want there mod to function.

MTA respects SA-MP, both project and team. And they do the same with MTA. Unfortunatly the community is unable to do the same sometimes. We have started to release some updates and we hope many will folow. Since this was one of our biggest problems.

And off course I am eager to see the project of SA-MP. I hope to expect some updates on there SA work soon. Especially now they have enlarged there team. smile.gif

Now thats very good, not flaming at each other, just respect and let everybody do their thing. Everybody should act like that tounge.gif

Wu Masta James
  • Wu Masta James

O.G. Supreme

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

i dont care who claims to be the first......just get it done already so we can play!!!!!! rah.gif rah.gif

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

If the MTA will put more updates on the sites, it'd be great and keep the community going to theire site to get in on the info, so i hope they'll do that. It would also be great if both teams made a version that is very well synced and coded(whatever you like), instead of rushing out a buggy, unstable, laggy version. The vehicles seem smooth in MTA:SA, and they probably are in SA-MP. Was there footage of vehicles in the trailer? I havent seen it in a while so i wouldnt know.

Sorry kyeman, i wasnt aware of that. Being very tired and posting here isnt a good idea tounge.gif .

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (ImHereToStay @ Jun 16 2005, 20:40)
If the MTA will put more updates on the sites, it'd be great and keep the community going to theire site to get in on the info, so i hope they'll do that. It would also be great if both teams made a version that is very well synced and coded(whatever you like), instead of rushing out a buggy, unstable, laggy version. The vehicles seem smooth in MTA:SA, and they probably are in SA-MP. Was there footage of vehicles in the trailer? I havent seen it in a while so i wouldnt know.

Sorry kyeman, i wasnt aware of that. Being very tired and posting here isnt a good idea tounge.gif .

Yes there were vehicles in the video, even the hunter! Everything you saw was synced in the video.

crazyfoo88
  • crazyfoo88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

Peace out man, all of ya!

Cant believe i'm seeing such primative tribal warfare between MTA and SAMP. And its not even from the coders, who are the ones who should feel most threatened by progress from a rival team. Its from pathetic morons who think that flaming the other team will actually do something constructive for such a challenging project.

IMO MTA and SAMP should merge to make a better multiplayer mod. MTA has the experience, wheras SAMP has a fresh new approach to the problem, and both together would definately make something much better than carrying out projects seperately. Or even make it an open source project, which has been proven highly effective at tackling large programming challenges. Cos its not like you can expect any commercial gains out of an unnofficial multiplayer mod.

Chill people... biggrin.gif

Sobeit
  • Sobeit

mta ninja

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:30 PM

carzyfoo, read the acual SA-MP team member responses before you even start (i didnt read past the first mentioning of SA-MP)

making a post like that sarcasm.gif

crazyfoo88
  • crazyfoo88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (crazyfoo88 @ Jun 16 2005, 23:16)
And its not even from the coders, who are the ones who should feel most threatened by progress from a rival team. Its from pathetic morons who think that flaming the other team will actually do something constructive for such a challenging project.

I never said anything against the SAMP team. In fact I would compliment them for their mature approach to this thread. My problem is with the guys who are starting flame-wars between MTA and SA:MP. Those guys suck.

So dont give me the sarcasm.gif

Ah pity the foo! rah.gif

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:23 AM

He wasn't downing on them...
He was respecting them man...
Read a whole damn post before showing the un-necessary hand of
judgement...

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:46 AM Edited by f34r, 17 June 2005 - 07:40 PM.

The thing is competition is what keeps projects alive. If there was no competition and MTA and SA-MP joined "forces" so to speak, then where is the competition to influence the team to achieve higher and higher, oh sorry gtaT LMAO! bored.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

i thought it was people bitching for a multiplayer mod that keeps them going..

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Mealing @ Jun 17 2005, 10:52)
i thought it was people bitching for a multiplayer mod that keeps them going..

Its a little of both IMO. When People keep telling them that their progress isn't good, they started working on it (hopefully). When you see another team doing the same thing, but with a lot more effort and work, that motivates them to start working harder, and better.

thenight
  • thenight

VC-MP supporter

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

Do you think that the news in the MTA:SA site show a good progress? ph34r.gif

fleccy
  • fleccy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

My first time posting here in years, well, it could be weeks but i don't know.

I downloaded the MTA:SA video and the cars are laggy as hell, and pretty much everything else, looks like the same old sh*t in my opinion. I also read on their forum people saying it looks amazing, the typical fanboy reply. I will probably get flamed now for my opinions, but it really does look like crap. I'm hoping sa-mp will do well but yeah, i'm not getting my hopes up anymore.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Tank @ Jun 16 2005, 13:40)
The GTA community is extremely lucky that any multi-player mods exist, so please show respect for the effort that goes into them.

These forums are intended for creative SA-MP discussion. If appropriate, you are welcome to discuss similar mods here. However, if you wish to discuss MTA in a way that may not be welcomed here, I suggest you visit the MTA forums instead. I'm sure the MTA team would suggest the same in return.

I agree with you Tank here, this sub-forum is dedicated to the SA-MP. Indeed it is a multiplayer modification but it has no relation to SA-MP. This thread has just turned into "yet again" a war between SA-MP and MTA and you will notice it's between normal members and not the developers. As Tank said the GTA Community is lucky that any MP mod is been developed, in future this sub-forum should be discussing the SA-MP modification. Again, as Tank said if you wish to discuss the MTA modification you can visit their forum. In regards to the SA-MP mod, keep up the good work guys.

Cray (MTA developer), said this:
QUOTE (Cray @ Jun 15 2005 @ 15:29)
I do think it's a little bit inappropriate to re-post MTA news here though.

Kyeman/Spookie, feel free to re-open if you wish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users