Photo

How to install car mods from VC to SA

10 replies to this topic
FedjaSA
  • FedjaSA

Basketball Freak

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

This might be a n00b question but maybe that's because i'ma a n00b for gta modding smile.gif

First of all,is it possible.If it is what tools do i need and what should i do?

Thank you in advance.

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

It's not possible right now.. the .dff format has to be fully cracked, then we have to go and texture it (possible; txd workshop) and well after that someone might do a vc -> sa conversion.

Nipa blush.gif

FedjaSA
  • FedjaSA

Basketball Freak

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

Thanks very much biggrin.gif

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

if your talking ablout the car models themselves,
theres are several differences in vice and san andreas models.
its possible to convert them but they wont just go into the game without alot of work done to the model itself.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

GTA3/VC mods will never be able to be straightly converted to SA. belive me this pisses me off a lot cause i have a lot of VC cars that i'd love to have in SanAn. but they cant be imported right over.

SanAn's engine loads the dff/txd differently in this, along with the models and dummys. so it's possible to have a VC car into SanAn, but you'd have to change things with the model, texture files, and a whole lot else, it just wouldn't be worth it.

FedjaSA
  • FedjaSA

Basketball Freak

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

I tried to import them via that San Andreas Ultimate editor,and everything worked fine,no crashes,nothing nut the car i replaced just didn't show up and when i put it in my garage and then modded it again,the garage wouldn't open confused.gif confused.gif

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (FedjaSA @ Jun 16 2005, 03:37)
I tried to import them via that San Andreas Ultimate editor,and everything worked fine,no crashes,nothing nut the car i replaced just didn't show up and when i put it in my garage and then modded it again,the garage wouldn't open confused.gif confused.gif

thats what usually happens when you install a faulty model.
either the game will lock up upon starting up,
when you get close to one in game,
it may not ever show up,
or your garage will be locked not allowing to to get to it.

just because it doesnt crash the game doesnt mean it will work...

tommygun1
  • tommygun1

The Old Don

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:57 AM Edited by tommygun1, 17 June 2005 - 01:59 AM.

That does suck. There are so many cars out there. It took a long time for the gta3 cars to build up when it first came out. Most people didn't have to worry bout that with vc because all you had to do was add a reflection to an old and you were good to go. As far as the mods go my knowledge of modeling ends with reflections.

On the brighter side, the new setup of everything might make things in game more moddable. Could it be that part of the changes in the txds and dffs has to do with the fact that cars are more customizable in game now? Just wondering. I wish I could bring the '89 Batmobile in game and give it nitrous and lowrider stats. lol.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:04 AM

On the brighter side, the new setup of everything might make things in game more moddable. Could it be that part of the changes in the txds and dffs has to do with the fact that cars are more customizable in game now?

Yes.

I tried to import them via that San Andreas Ultimate editor,and everything worked fine,no crashes,nothing nut the car i replaced just didn't show up and when i put it in my garage and then modded it again,the garage wouldn't open

There's more to it than you realize wink.gif
Collision files are new (they now have shadow meshes in them, for dynamic shadows), and are appened to the car's dff file, not added to the vehicles.col
SA uses a slightly different format for the TXD's. just different enough that it wont load the ones from vice or gta3.
And the layout of the model itself, the hierarchy, object names, etc is very different to vice/gta3 cars.

There are lots of changes yes, although i wouldnt necessarily saying modding for SA is any harder, you have to do the exact same things, and all of the old rules, with the exception of wheels, still apply. in fact, the only major additions, are if you want your vehicle to be upgradeable, or do something funky, like the towtruck. and even that is just the addition of a few extra dummy objects, and renaming a few parts.

its mostly different, not really harder smile.gif

FedjaSA
  • FedjaSA

Basketball Freak

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

So when i will be expecting some first car mods for SA?

Warlord2005
  • Warlord2005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

u shuldnt expect it any time soon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users