Photo

something for you damn americans

19 replies to this topic
lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

one for all the rice-haters out there. what do you think of this car? it's a Nissan Skyline, but it was built in Australia. it's had the engine fitted from a Japanese R32 though, and it's only a 2L.

Makin'it Move:

- R32 Silver top RB20DET
- HKS GT2535 turbo
- Stainless steel exhaust manifold
- 3inch turbo inlet pipe
- R33 GTR injectors
- Nismo adjustable fuel regulator
- Bosch 040 fuel pump
- Z32 AFM
- Apex'I Duel Funnal pod
- Apex'I Power FC and hand controller
- R32 GTR intercooler with 2.5inch stainless steel piping
- GReddy Profec B boost controller.
- GFB Hybrid bov
- Catch can
- 3inch dump pipe,3inch mild steel mandral bent exhaust
Sendin'it South:

- R33 RB25det 5 speed
- Xtreme ceramic 9puck clutch
- Nismo chromoly flywheel
- Rebuilt 2pce tail-shaft
- Rebuilt 4.11 ratio LSD diff
In the Comfort Zone:

- Lovells lowered springs
- Koni adjustables,R31 Red rears and Z31 Yellows up front
- Whiteline front and rear sway bars
- Nolathane bushes throughout front and rear
- Strut braces front and rear
- GTS-X front struts,caliper's and rotors
- Autometer 20psi boost gauge
- HKS turbo timer
Cosmetics:

- Import Projector lights
- Import GTS grille
- Front lip
- Standard rear Silhouette spoiler removed
Rolling Stock:

- Volk Racing Evolution rims 17x8 with 235/45/17 tyres and 17x9 with 255/40/17 tyres

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

as you can see from the list of mods, he's got quite a bit of ricey japanese gadgetry in there. now, here's the catch..

user posted image

271rwhp on 16 psi. considering the fact that the engine can take about 20psi, and the turbo's good for about 30, theres potential for a lot of power there. and its still only a 2L.

what's that you say? it's only a 2L, so it must have no tourqe? well, you'd be surprised. it'll lay a better burnout than your 302 mustang, i can tell you that right now.

and here's proof, turning the 255 bridgestone G Grids (click)

heres some photos from the next morning
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

something to think about isnt it? wink.gif

.. ..<3

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

When I started reading I thought this was about your car and I realize it couldn't be, because with an RB20DET you'd have more than 180hp at the rear. Anyways, I'm not a big fan of pre-R32's, but there is no way that this car could be classified as rice. It's a very nice car and I'm loving the rubber.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:31 AM

congradulations on being a moron. "rice haters" hate "rice" because of its total lack of functionality. you call your car rice, when in fact it is not. there isnt a whole lot that isnt functional there. now if instead of adding all these performance parts, you started glueing plastic on, then it would be rice.

as for the burnout: congradulations on being able to hold the gas and the brake at the same time, that really shows the power of your car, and having pockets deep enough to replace the tires you burn off. my old 89 grand prix could light em up when you set the e-brake and punched the gas, that means its powerful right?

what's that you say? it's only a 2L, so it must have no tourqe? well, you'd be surprised. it'll lay a better burnout than your 302 mustang, i can tell you that right now.
so suddenly a brakestand qualifys as a good burnout?

Torque x RPM / 5252=horsepower so horsepower * 5252/rpm = torque

265hp * 5252 / 6000 = 231 lb/ft of torque(aproximate)

whereas a stock 281(4.6L) mustang has 300hp and 320 lb/ft of torque, so dont even think you have more power

QUOTE (you in the other topic)
oh, and for the record, i drive a skyline. it has a noisy exhaust and a useless pod filter. it only makes 140 hp at the rear wheels. in saying that, if you drive a mullet powered iron blocked V configuration engine'd heap of sh*t, f*cking bring it. i'll lose you after the first corner. ..<3

wait, i am confused(but that doesnt supprise you, i am an anti-ricer idiot). in that topic your car had 140hp, now it has 271? thats a pretty huge gain in 30 minuites.

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:17 AM

for clarification's sake, his car isnt the one he's posted here.. his still has minimal modifications whereas this one has had many.

as for the redneck car vs non-redneck car argument, which car's better/faster is dependent on power to weight and driver skill..

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (.59 Reverse @ Jun 14 2005, 21:17)
for clarification's sake, his car isnt the one he's posted here.. his still has minimal modifications whereas this one has had many.

as for the redneck car vs non-redneck car argument, which car's better/faster is dependent on power to weight and driver skill..

my bad blush.gif the statements still stand only with them and they in place of you

and what the f*ck is with the redneck vs non-redneck, you dont see me calling it kiddie/non-kiddie. try being a little more mature about it.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 15 2005, 05:23)
QUOTE (.59 Reverse @ Jun 14 2005, 21:17)

my bad blush.gif the statements still stand only with them and they in place of you

and what the f*ck is with the redneck vs non-redneck, you dont see me calling it kiddie/non-kiddie. try being a little more mature about it.

Redneck cars are basically our American Muscle Cars.

So, Redneck vs Non-redneck = American vs Anything.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:19 AM

Why do you even have to ask? Any car with mods done to the actual engine, without putting a fart machine in the back are rice. ANything which is more show than go is rice.

Someone who would rather spend their money on decals and wings than turbochargers and engines is a ricer.

Hehe, that car isnt rice. It looks nice.

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

well.. redneck cars are any yanky-mobile with an oversized pushrod V-engine from any country.. usually american V8s.. but we all know (many) holden drivers are rednecks too..

calling non-redneck cars kiddie cars is totally fine, because it would well-describe the age group of the people buying/driving them.. how often do you see some old dude with a ricemobile or a tastefully/smartly done non-redneck car?

maturity has nothing to do with it (what people call cars).. i'm sure there's a number of people that call any non-domestic car a riceburner... it's just the way some people do things.

oh yeah.. R30 > R31, f00 i think it's just because i abhor that roofline on the sedans.. and holdenz r sik. burnouts iz ghey. cornering's where it's at. unless you're tramtrack-dragging.. biggrin.gif

the wheels and color choice on that 31 arent really that nice..

all white with white GTS turbine wheels, white racing hart fins, white sprinthart CPRs.. or any wide (probably white) oldie j-wheel would work tons better.. and that rear wing could be replaces with a nicer little lip.. but that's all cosmetics.. tounge2.gif

that wagon next to it is sex though... bar that nasty aus. front end..

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

• Feroci

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (.59 Reverse @ Jun 15 2005, 18:41)
the wheels and color choice on that 31 arent really that nice..

that wagon next to it is sex though... bar that nasty aus. front end..

factory paint, factory spoiler (now removed), rims are much nicer than his older ones (*shudders*)

wagon in action
user posted image

cookie monster (its big, its blue, it eats things and it goes 'grummmmummmyammmmummm')
user posted image

got squat?
user posted image

31 > *.*

.. ..<3

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Jun 15 2005, 09:19)
Anything which is more show than go is rice.

Not neccessarily.

People that put money into sound systems, classy interiors (LV seat inserts on SUV's, etc) and nice paint jobs DOES NOT make them a ricer.

People that put flat white spoilers, light blue side skirts, black fenders and black hoods on their car ARE ricers.

Please learn to know the difference.

Dal
  • Dal

Turban.Represent.

• Feroci

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

Yep, as chunkmeister rightly said. Interiors mods and sound systems are there for obvious intentions, duh..
Rice is where someone is trying to make a car LOOK fast. Not go fast. (well thats the way i think of it)

As for that 31 in the first post, its mint.
and that cookie monster.. tounge2.gif

People that put flat white spoilers, light blue side skirts, black fenders and black hoods on their car ARE ricers.

That and retards who dont know their colour coordination. biggrin.gif

- Dal

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 15 2005, 09:36)

Not neccessarily.

People that put money into sound systems, classy interiors (LV seat inserts on SUV's, etc) and nice paint jobs DOES NOT make them a ricer.

something that is all show, no go, and who's driver brags about, or tries to show off, the go.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

Just because a car that is all show and no go does not mean it's rice.

A riced out car is a car that has body kits bought out of Import Tuner in their stock color (white, black or light blue).
A riced out car is a car that has tackily been done up.
A riced out car is a car that has a body kit of three different colors.
A riced out car is a car that on top of the body kit consisting of three different colors, it has an exhaust pipe you can fist f*ck.

Just because a driver brags about his car going fast doesn't mean that it's rice. It means the driver is a f*cking idiot.

Go look at cars that have little-to-no engine work but have been created to win shows and do so. Those cars are not rice.
Go look at cars that have no engine work and look like frankencar. That's rice.

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Dal @ Jun 15 2005, 15:34)

That and retards who dont know their colour coordination. biggrin.gif

- Dal [/color]

i'd totally rock that..

unpainted carbon bonnet, unpainted carbon boot, unpainted carbon wing, unpainted frp or carbon doors, unpainted carbon bolt-on fenders, unpainted carbon sideskirts, unpainted carbon bumpers...

i'd use all of that... but light blue unpainted urethane parts are pointless.. it's not liek that can be done for any gains.. or like it's saving much money.. urethane parts are cheap so you can def. afford to paint them afterward..

the main reason i'd leave stuff unpainted is i know with my stupid driving, i'm bound to hit something and crack/scratch/otherwise damage any part.. and repainting stuff is gay.

i guess the thing that determines whether you're a ricer or not is where your head is when you're modifying your car, and why you're doing it.

faking speed = rice

showy crap = useless

tacky/junky stuff.. = my favorite. tounge2.gif

nfs-u civic = rice

nfs-u civic with 400ps = not rice.

i agree with most of the V8-boys on what rice is though.. slow-ass cars with fartpipes and big everything.. even if it is supposed to be show only (bling). non-japanese showy cars/suvs strike me as ricy too.. even if they're not meant to look fast.. they're useless.. which is basically what rice is. bling is just rice without the fake performance

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Jun 16 2005, 01:06)

Not neccessarily.

I said nothing about interiors, Mikal.

Ricers beg for attention, as long as they dont get put in a situation to go fast.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

Hehe, swear i saw that skyline cruising through welshpool about a month back...

Anyways, I love the old school skylines. Hell i was gonna buy one before i got my hands on my rotory. I just love the boxiness of it, sexy as inlove.gif

On that note, people who just like the new skylines are usually just nissan fanboys, no offence CLC. lol.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (mr_ed @ Jun 16 2005, 11:51)
On that note, people who just like the new skylines are usually just nissan fanboys, no offence CLC. lol.

I'd take an R32 over an R34 any day.

Richard Zurawski
  • Richard Zurawski

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

I don't think that R31 is rice. I generally don't like japanesse cars (although I know that R31's were produced in Australia, they're still a japaneese car deep down), that just my taste. But I can apreciate that thing, its had a lot of thought, solid engineering and effort put into it and by the looks of things has a fair bit of grunt. Its owner has also resisted the temptation to fit massive chromey bits, plasic sh*t and lots of stickers. I suppose I like the car, but I'd still rather whack a 308 in my Kingswood and go to town on that!

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

• Feroci

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (mr_ed @ Jun 16 2005, 17:51)
Hehe, swear i saw that skyline cruising through welshpool about a month back...

Anyways, I love the old school skylines. Hell i was gonna buy one before i got my hands on my rotory. I just love the boxiness of it, sexy as inlove.gif

those are all perth cars there mr_ed wink.gif ..<3

Young Vercetti
  • Young Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:03 AM

I love old school Skylines.

I'm saving (I have a little over $4k so far) for a RB25 for my S13. A RB20 (or even SR) was cheaper and can be built for cheap, but you gotta keep the torque. I forget who said it, but "horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

That Cookie Monster is awesome, I love the front mount stickin' right out in the open.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users