Photo

JetPack Hovering

34 replies to this topic
Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

Sorry if this has been brought up already, everytime I try to search it tells me I don't have permission. Anyway, I cant seem to hover in the air with the jetpack. On the PS2 version, the jets seemed to go in circular motions when you were hovering in the air. I use mostly the default controls so I would figure you would hold down Q and E to hover. Well it wont work for me and when I hold Q and E it does nothing while in the air, except when I land, they start to go in a circular motion..I'm confused. Can someone tell me how they hover and which key's they press? PLEASE. Thanks. smile.gif

mikeswi
  • mikeswi

Insert Funny Title Here

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:27 AM

It doesn't hover as far as I know. You just have to keep tapping the LSHIFT button to keep firing the thrusters when it starts going down.

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

No way, I wont believe it. You have to be able to hover, if not, I will be very sad. cryani.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

Hmm there must be a button to activate it as the PS2 had the ability to hover, what is strafe left and right wilst using the jetpack? Well whatever it is can you try pressing both buttons at once?

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:49 AM

I've tried everything I can think of. I'm going to load it up and try again right now. It doesn't make sense that they would leave that feature out. There is NO WAY they could, right? I mean..right? please? please rockstar? suicidal.gif

CorruptAssassin
  • CorruptAssassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:16 AM

while im nowhere near where you guys are up too (jetpack: WTF??!!), my suggestion may be the secondary fire button, similar to the bike jump button?

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:25 AM

No I just got back from trying and nothing worked. Whats weird is that it does the hover circular motion only while I'm on the ground...by holding Q and E... also, I used the cheat code ROCKETMAN for the jetpack just to try it out. I was gonna ask if anyone IS that far in the game for PC where they get it the legitimate way, because it gives you the info on controls in the black box in the top left corner. Perhaps it explains how to hover there, but I'm starting to either think A) somehow my controls/game is screwed up. or B) they left hover out of the PC version. I'm hoping its A. because then I can at least try to fix my problem. I've had trouble at times when trying to release my gang. The button simply not doing anything, and they wouldnt stop following me. I reloaded then it worked. BUT nothing is working for this damn hover thing. cryani.gif

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

well, leveling the helicopter and hovering in it is the caps lock key, try that. lemme know if it help and ill give u the other half of this cookie.gif

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:55 AM Edited by Barenjager, 14 June 2005 - 09:57 AM.

No, it did not work. I spawned a chopper to see if CAPSLOCK level and hover worked with it and it did. But still, no hover with jetpack. WTF. Figure this out and I'll give you three cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif plus you'll be my hero.

PLEASE someone help me figure this out. Hovering was my favorite feature of the jetpack. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE that Rockstar would leave it out of the PC version. THERE MUST BE A WAY! PLEASE DEAR GOD LET THERE BE A WAY!

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

Just a note, you know your hovering when both jets turn orange and both little jets spin around.

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:21 AM Edited by Barenjager, 14 June 2005 - 10:51 AM.

On the PS2 version, the jets seemed to go in circular motions when you were hovering in the air. I use mostly the default controls so I would figure you would hold down Q and E to hover. Well it wont work for me and when I hold Q and E it does nothing while in the air, except when I land, they start to go in a circular motion..

When I'm just standing on the ground, the Q and E buttons strafe left and right. When I hold both of them down, the jets look exactly like they do when you are hovering on the PS2...spinning around and orange. (i will take screens if you ask) When I take off into the air, Q and E do NOTHING. No strafe or anything. Holding them both down also does nothing. CAPSLOCK brings up the crosshairs. NUM4 and NUM6 do nothing. Same with any key combo's I can try. THE ONLY THING that really boggles my mind is that it goes thru the hover animation...but only while standing on the ground. I've tried everything but can't get it to hover in the air. Do you really think they would have left this feature out or am I missing something or is my game screwed up? SOMEONE PLEASE load their game and just type ROCKETMAN. See if you can hover. If you can do this and tell me how you did it, maybe I can figure out whats wrong with my game if thats the case. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

i still haven't bought gta :sa but i my opinion, the jetpack is one of the best features i am prayin' that hover mode will be included in the game. or i will cryani.gif and then i will die.gif suicidal.gif

frijole
  • frijole

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

welp, I just got to the jetpack last night, and all the little box in the corner said was SHIFT to go up, and a/d to strafe.

I think...

I was flying for my life @ that point though.

wink.gif

But the train mission was pretty simple, even though I could not "hover", I was able to tap LSHIFT and get to where I needed too pretty easily.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

Try a+d together? Try pressing and holding "h"?

I'll play with it tonight, to see if I can help at all.

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:04 PM

Yeah well it's looking like there is no hover from where I am. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of, plus everything everyones suggested. (The horn button makes you drop to the ground faster)

I am assuming most people made LSHIFT their sprint button. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. I did this at first also since most all my game LSHIFT is sprint....BUT, leaving it to SPACE like the default is ten thousand times easier for sprinting fast since you have to tap it really fast. I switched it back to space and LSHIFT to jump and got used to it in a few hours, now I dont even think about it anymore. ALSO please keep in mind that everyones bindings are different, and if you post a suggested control, try posting the actual button name (like SPRINT) instead of the actual key binding you have. I havent followed my own instructions to the T, but will start now. biggrin.gif
Come on guys, we can figure out how to hover, damnit!

Kremit
  • Kremit

Maximum Modifier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:54 PM

not sure on this one either as I'm still back on Big Smoke and OG Loc's missions... but Q & E is what I use to look back while I'm in a car... and that's the same command used on ps2 as hover, etc...

I also noticed mouse3 will look back. Mouse3 being the mouse wheel being pressed down on my mouse. Either way, pressing in my scroll on my mouse will do the equiv of Q & E... but it's only one key. Maybe Mouse3 is the key to making the Jetpack hover?

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

Tried it. tounge.gif IVE TRIED everything I can think of. I don't think you can hover. SOMEONE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

Do you mean like staying still in air? I just hold space and press shift.

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:47 AM Edited by Barenjager, 15 June 2005 - 04:55 AM.

Yes, I mean hovering in mid air with the jetpack. And shift and space dont work for me. What is your shift and space bound to? Sprint and jump? Can someone confirm this? Just type ROCKETMAN to get the jetpack.

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:01 AM

All it does is just make you sit on the ground with the blue flame. Perhaps they took it out because it burns CJ's right arm?

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:59 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. So WTF your telling me I'm the only one that cares that you can't hover in the jetpack? No one else has tried? Someone try to hover and tell me if they can or not.

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

For the last time, YOU CAN'T. Everyone has already tried everything, quit asking or just do it yourself.

Dimwit
  • Dimwit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

hey Cojawfee, whatever the hell that is, YOU CAN HOVER b/c i have a ps2 adapter and all i do is hold down the L2 & R2 keys to hover. Which would be Q & E as mostly everyone else has said. If Q & E doesn't work for you people, i also have num. which is the period on the number pad and enter. if those don't work try making look left and right different keys or just get a ps2 adapter from Radioshack. Sorry if that does not help. Good luck.

Barenjager
  • Barenjager

Your moms box.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hey, thanks, that is actually helpful. Q and E don't work for me but I'm gonna try and bind look L/R to differnent keys and see if that does anything. I'll try enter and period also, but I think I've tried that already...we will see if it's a gamepad only feature, which doesn't really make sense to me but... confused.gif

Beretta
  • Beretta

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

I have another question:

How do you take the jetpack off ? I equipped it after it appeared to the abandoned airport, and couldn't take it off anymore..can't even change weapons confused.gif

TheGuy20
  • TheGuy20

I...feel...goooooood....

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

Yep I tried it out. With a gamepad you can hover easily. With the keyboard it only works on the ground. But if you enable joypad mode, Q and E actually make you hover.. Chalk it up to a bug but the feature is there.

Remember the Jetpack is a vehicle, so don't think you're on foot.

Dimwit
  • Dimwit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

and to get out of the jetpack, just press the enter/exit key like any other vehicle; mine is the triangle, but i think it's f or enter on the default settings. good luck.

thedude777
  • thedude777

Did I say that out loud?

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:10 PM Edited by thedude777, 18 June 2005 - 09:16 PM.

EDIT: How do you fly the jetpack? What are the default controls?

Dimwit
  • Dimwit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:27 PM

it's the same as the helicopter controls: w is to ascend, s is to descend, a to go left, d to go right (i use a ps2 controller so it's different, but my guess is that a and d strafe left and right, respectively), q is to spin counterclockwise and e is to spin clockwise. other than that everything else should be the same. hope that helped!

Enigma_Tl
  • Enigma_Tl

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Dimwit @ Jun 17 2005, 20:58)
hey Cojawfee, whatever the hell that is, YOU CAN HOVER b/c i have a ps2 adapter and all i do is hold down the L2 & R2 keys to hover. Which would be Q & E as mostly everyone else has said. If Q & E doesn't work for you people, i also have num. which is the period on the number pad and enter. if those don't work try making look left and right different keys or just get a ps2 adapter from Radioshack. Sorry if that does not help. Good luck.

My buddy has a PS2 Controler for PC and I have noticed that Somethings you can do with it that you Can't under key+Mouse config. Like Auto-aim and prob hover with jet pack. I tried key combos and nothing works well but with the controler it works like everyone is sugesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users