Gangs never hate you

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
The Italian Mafia
  • The Italian Mafia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

I realy dont know if it has been found before but its new to me. ok one day I was walking threw saint marks and the mafia started shooting at me. not the first time it happened to me but i was getting tired of it so I got an idea. I thought that if you put in the change costumes code(->,down,<-,up,L1,L2,up,<-,down,->) to where you were one of the mafia they would stop shoting at me, it diddnt work so I put it in a fiew more times trying out diffrent ped costumes and I stopped at an old gray haired man wearing a brown suit, next thing i knew, I wasnt getting shot at. The triads,mafia,Diablos, all of the gangs that hate you after you complete all the missions wernt shooting me anymore, even the cartels werent shooting at me, they just turn the other way.[COLOR=blue]Im not a computer guy so will some one tell me how to post a picture so I can show you a picture of the old gray haired man???

The Italian Mafia
  • The Italian Mafia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (The Italian Mafia @ Jun 14 2005, 05:47)
I realy dont know if it has been found before but its new to me. ok one day I was walking threw saint marks and the mafia started shooting at me. not the first time it happened to me but i was getting tired of it so I got an idea. I thought that if you put in the change costumes code(->,down,<-,up,L1,L2,up,<-,down,->) to where you were one of the mafia they would stop shoting at me, it diddnt work so I put it in a fiew more times trying out diffrent ped costumes and I stopped at an old gray haired man wearing a brown suit, next thing i knew, I wasnt getting shot at. The triads,mafia,Diablos, all of the gangs that hate you after you complete all the missions wernt shooting me anymore, even the cartels werent shooting at me, they just turn the other way.[COLOR=blue]Im not a computer guy so will some one tell me how to post a picture so I can show you a picture of the old gray haired man???

dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif oh f*ck, i let the game idle while i was posting this sh*t and i started playing again and for some reason the gangs sterted hating me again??? mad.gif angry.gif

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

i found this on GTA Gaming.
Costume Change Trick
This trick will supposedly allow you to be immune to gang hatred.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like to call this....Marty Chonks, Criminal Superstar!

You may have heard of this before(I heard mention of this on Gamefaqs messageboard), well I decided to test this out, and after testing it in many different ways, I found it to be legitimate.

If you use the Character Change cheat to get the Marty Chonks look alike, you will never be attacked by gang members again.
Let me clarify things so you dont think Im talkin trash.
First, as far as I know there are only 3 peds who wear a trenchcoat with a round 50's style hat. One of them has dark hair and a moustache, this is not Marty look alike. Second is and older man with grey hair, now this man looks almost exactly like Marty look alike, except, he is slightly shorter and his face looks a little more beaten up, like somebody wacked him with a 2x4 too many times. Marty look alike is tall, with grey hair, and wears a somewhat light brown trenchcoat.
When you use him all gang members will not shoot at you, nor will they try to throw you out of your car when you drive around in their territory. They will not gang up on you if you kill one of their own either.

Some things to know: 1. Cops are immune to Marty's super criminal status, and will act like they normally do, shoot at you, arrest you,etc.

2. If you get Wasted or Arrested, Marty looses his Superstar status, and gang members treat you like normal. I tried both of these out, then ran into gang territory and was attacked.

3. I drove around to see if I would be carjacked, and eventually I was, so your not immune to having your wheels jacked.

4. Vigilante missions, the people you try to kill in this WILL shoot at you and try to kill you, as well as steal your car.

5. Normal citizens wont run from you, when I first heard of this trick I was told that peds will run from you, well unless your shooting at them they dont run from you.

6. THE GREATEST THING OF ALL. When I was testing this trick, I decided to go on a mission. I took the later Asuka mission "ESPRESSO-2-GO!" Well the Columbians didnt ever shoot at me as I approached their little kiosks, and they in no way tryed to stop me. I also tryed "Uzi Money" for D-Ice, and I was not attacked by anyone including Redjacks, who under normal circumstances will try to ram the car you're in.

Submitted by: Lee Shaolin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not totally immune from gang warfare. In addition to what is already told about not being immune, if you shoot a gang member - any other members in their cars will chase you until it blows up. Not only will walking gang members just not shoot back at you, they will run. My life in St Marks has now been made one hell of a lot easier.

Submitted by: MStokesy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I have never done the costume change cheat, so I don't know what costume they are talking about, but this seems pretty cool and useful. Note: I haven't tried if this works.

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

Being the GTA3 veteran that I am, I will tell you that this is old news. I believe it is the man that says the funniest line in GTA history "My mothers my sister!" or maybe not, but the reason when you came back that they started shooting you again is because the trick only works for a little while. So, my best advice is to use it before a mission that involves going into gang territory.

PS. don't double post! Just use the edit button.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:19 AM

I don't have a link to my topic from awhile back but il explain this again for new people. Start the mission for D-Ice where you take his car to St. Marks diffuse the bomb and park it in any Garage. Free roam all over the City with absolutly no gang troubles. Just don't point your weapons at them. The trick is good for getting packages and stunt jumps or just plain crusing. That mission can even be started after 100% as well.

DieHrd101
  • DieHrd101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

[QUOTE] Being the GTA3 veteran that I am, I will tell you that this is old news. I believe it is the man that says the funniest line in GTA history "My mothers my sister!" or maybe not, but the reason when you came back that they started shooting you again is because the trick only works for a little while. So, my best advice is to use it before a mission that involves going into gang territory.

A lil fyi on why this character loses superstar status is because you leave the game and come back. As long as you don't die or get arrested he keeps his status, but if you load a save point. you lose the character look you will have to use the cheat again to regain the ped skin. What I want to know is can we download that skin so we don't have to type ilikedressingup 100+ times to find the right ped skin?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users