Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone know how to darken the shadows in GTASA?

7 replies to this topic
gemini-
  • gemini-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

like, when u have medium+ visual effects setting, u'll get these real time shadows (insterad of blob). Does anyone know which file to edit to make these shadows darker? I think if we make them darker, it'll really improve the visual quality b/c the shadows stand out more...

thanks!

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

can't, hardcoded.

sux dont it? id like to see them darker as well..

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:16 PM Edited by Sharkey, 13 June 2005 - 08:19 PM.

that does suck, luckily i run high settings. wink.gif

imo, theres are shadow textures in the particle file,
maybe you could mess with them to make the "blobs" lighter or darker depending on what you want.
theyre called shad_car, shad_bike, ect.
cant hurt to try...

i usually made a neon mod out of those, i wonder if the realtime shadows will make the textures not work. [/off-topic thoughts]

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

isn't that stupid? dark shadows in the middle of day where light is so
refractioned you almost shouldn't see shadows at all?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

you realize the time of day also changes, to morning, afternoon, evening, midnight...? they could have atleast left a couple parameters external, for exactly this type of situation. the shadows are typically light enough that vehicles look like they're floating. in the middle of the day as well.
actually IMO, they should have made all their shaders external, so we could have control over every rendering aspect of the game, from shadows, to reflections and global graphics settings for everything. its DX9, they're almost guaranteed to be using .fx shaders, damn you R* mad.gif

i usually made a neon mod out of those, i wonder if the realtime shadows will make the textures not work.

yes. the realtime shadows will not be affected by those images. if your graphics settings are low, and you are not using realtime shadows, then the game will use these images.

Spooky
  • Spooky

Prince of the Yolkfolk

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:58 PM

ashdexx: The shaders are inside the executable, but they're compiled at runtime it seems. Open the executable in a hex editor and have a search.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:06 AM

Anyone try mucking with the global light multiplier and stuff in stream.ini? Maybe the ambirnt light could be lowered to make the shadows (and everything else) darker?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Spooky @ Jun 13 2005, 17:58)
ashdexx: The shaders are inside the executable, but they're compiled at runtime it seems. Open the executable in a hex editor and have a search.

oh sh*t, your right! wow.gif

the block of code starting around 4d63fb, hex, looks like its DirectX 9 asm shader code....hoo-wee, now this should be interesting...

@illspirit, by changing pe_lightingbasecap to 0.0, the game is super bright, but i cant seem to make it any darker..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users