Photo

Editing Default Camera positions?

4 replies to this topic
SubConscious
  • SubConscious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

Does anybody know how to do this? is it a file that needs editing, or would an app be needed to alter the memory while the game is running? i want to change all the vehicles so the bumper cam is inside the car for a dashboard view, and perhaps the chase cameras could be higher up too. Thanks.

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:02 PM

I think Stretchnutter is allready working on a SA version of his camhack, but good things need time, so you'll have to be patient.

SubConscious
  • SubConscious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

in that case it sounds like a memory thing. i'll leave it to the experts, he did a great job on VC, and made it SO much better!

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:56 PM Edited by Stretchnutter, 13 June 2005 - 05:03 PM.

QUOTE (SubConscious @ Jun 13 2005, 13:59)
Does anybody know how to do this? is it a file that needs editing, or would an app be needed to alter the memory while the game is running? i want to change all the vehicles so the bumper cam is inside the car for a dashboard view, and perhaps the chase cameras could be higher up too. Thanks.

Unfortunately its not that easy. When you are in the bumper view the car model is invisible/disabled because it is not needed and frees up some cpu cycles. If you could move the camera in that view (which you can do with some hacking) all you will see is the shadow.

and unfortunatly for me i was a bad driver when i was younger. seems like ive been going to court every week for 2 months and giving away money for something i did 2 years ago sad.gif

in that case it sounds like a memory thing. i'll leave it to the experts, he did a great job on VC, and made it SO much better!

Likewise, I want to give that same thing for SA. Just a little bit longer... till im back on my feet lol notify.gif

jimmyw404
  • jimmyw404

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

Holy crap would it be awesome to have a mod that 'sets' the camera to a position and stays and moves with the car. Using mouselook to drive bothers me.

Best wishes on the court business! (Only so you can work on the mod)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users