Photo

Any way to get rid of car dirt?

13 replies to this topic
wijiwang
  • wijiwang

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:38 AM

It's ugly. I thought I would ask one of your car modders if this is a generic map that is used for all cars, or if each car did this on it's own. I'd like to get rid of it. They didn't do a good job on it and it looks awful. cookie.gif

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:10 AM

yeah i plan on doing the same thing but you have to wait until someone makes a fully working txd program, which there isnt now.

when it is available youll just have to extract the body texture and probably just paint it all white and replace it and it will be gone.

i thought that the cars started out clean then got dirty/rusty over time but that doesnt seem to be the case with the pc version...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:29 AM

I've found the odd clean car but generally it seems that most cars come pre-dirtied moreso then the PS2 verison.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:27 PM

i thought that the cars started out clean then got dirty/rusty over time but that doesnt seem to be the case with the pc version...

correct, and it did actually work on the ps2 version as well, i dont know why they disabled it on the pc, but they did. asses. hope it was a mistake and they'll fix it in a patch.

Regarding a quick fix, there isn't one yet. the best you can do, is wait until theres a working txd editor that will save txds; then go to the models/generic/vehicles.txd, and make the texture "vehiclegrunge256" pure white.

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:33 PM Edited by Sharkey, 14 June 2005 - 07:13 AM.

cool, i didnt know the exact name of the texture, thanx.
i was guessing it was the body 128 like the vice ones.
so theres a new texture just for the rust eh,
that should be easier than changing all of them one by one.

btw, delphi announced he should have a working txd by thursday.
cant wait...

Sutherland
  • Sutherland

-JugsiE-

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:09 PM

I found the solution to this problem, all you need is the TXD workshop beta for san andreas. open the vehichle.txd in program files\rockstar games\gta san andreas\models\generic and in there you will find an image called vehichlegrunge256. export it, then open it in paint and make the whole thing white. reimport, save and enjoy nice clean cars.

biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Sutherland

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:12 PM Edited by Sharkey, 18 June 2005 - 11:18 PM.

yes, we all know this sigh.gif
but until today when delfi release a workshop that can save we werent able to do it,
well not easily anyway.

amd imo, just painting it white doesnt look all that great,
im thinking about giving it some kind of texture but i have to get the new beta workshop first.

edit: i tried alot of different textures but the way the cars are mapped most of them looked like sh*t.
i did manage to get a texture in there but its barely noticable but i still think its looks better than just a plain white texture.

Zelius
  • Zelius

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:05 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to simply look in some PS2 version files and figure out what makes it so different from the PC version? Maybe it's just a simple line of code that needs to be changed in order for the dirt to disappear whenever you visit a pay 'n spray/modshop.

I'd look into it myself if I wasn't so damn lazy in this hot weather... sigh.gif

GTARyan
  • GTARyan

FUBAR

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:06 PM

get rid of the rust? then I can't recreate my real life Z28 Camaro without rust (Damn Fisher Bodies!) biggrin.gif

seriously though, i'd rather just slow down the rate at which cars get dirty / rusty rather than turn it off, after all, its not going to turn into a rustbucket just driving across town really is it!?

FUBAR

hscott
  • hscott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

http://www.gtagaming...ion=file&id=978

root beer shaft
  • root beer shaft

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

I personally like the dirt and rust. Without it each vehicle is exactly the same. I feel like I'm some sort of strange static town when I play games with no dirt effects blink.gif

tommygun1
  • tommygun1

The Old Don

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

Yeah, most of these people are just annoyed by the fact that
1. the car washes don't work

2. theres too many dirty cars

3. clean cars get dirty too quick

So it may add realism, but in a way, these things take away from it.
I mean for cryin out loud I live in a mud hole and my car doesn't get dirty that quick.

Smellton
  • Smellton

Can't get off my chair

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

Why not just use the Get Rid of Rust and Dirt mod?

wijiwang
  • wijiwang

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:22 AM Edited by wijiwang, 04 July 2005 - 06:41 PM.

I'm going to try doing something with the grunge. I might just end up getting rid of it if I can't make it less noticeable.

*EDIT.. meh, the textures are just too low resolution. I just turned them off. I like the sharp graphics.. Dirt is a nice concept.. but damn I wish they uprated that texture as well. It's an eye sore on high resolutions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users