SheepHead
  • SheepHead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

Hello Gyus, I have a huge problem!
When I`m in the vigilante mission I just finished the 12 levels needed
to obtain the extras body ammo and my game just keep going to level 13
and 14 and it never stops, What should I do about it??
I need some help please!!!! rampage_ani.gif

koen47
  • koen47

Number One Tard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:18 PM Edited by koen47, 05 December 2005 - 09:29 PM.

Problem! rampage_ani.gif

Graphics Card- VIA/S3G Unichrome IGN
Windows- XP Home SP 2
Processor- AMD Sempron 3000+ 2 Ghz 448 MB RAM

Here is how the main menu looks
Weird Main
If i start a game the whole program crashes

koen47
  • koen47

Number One Tard

• Members

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (SheepHead @ Oct 15 2005, 13:07)
Hello Gyus, I have a huge problem!
When I`m in the vigilante mission I just finished the 12 levels needed
to obtain the extras body ammo and my game just keep going to level 13
and 14 and it never stops, What should I do about it??
I need some help please!!!! rampage_ani.gif

U pushed a button to start it
Push that again to stop

spExeh
  • spExeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:18 AM

I have:
Windows XP Professional, SP2
ATI Radeon x800 GT (running on Omega 2.6.75a drivers)
AMD 3000+ 64 bit
1 gig of ram (in 2 512 mb sticks)

I've played about twenty hours of the game without one single problem. However, when on the mission where you first go to meet Wu Zi in Chinatown: San Fierro, my controls freeze. For this mission you first pick up Wu Zi and take him somewhere. After I drop him off is when I immediately lose my controls. I can hit ESC and still have control in the menu, but in game nothing (control-wise) works, even the mouse, while everything around me (including Wu Zi) is moving/talking. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:33 AM Edited by SLUGFly, 12 December 2005 - 04:43 AM.

--------->Another idea to help crashes and other things from some unknown guy:
"You need to disable Windows XP SP2 Data Execution Prevention. To do this, right-click on My Computer > Properties (or just hit Winkey+Break) > Advanced > under the last section Startup and Recovery, click Settings > click Edit > the last option in the last line should read "NoExecute=OptIn". Change this to NoExecute=AlwaysOff > Reboot system > Problem solved. <--------

What are the other effects of doing this? It has a possibility of preventing crashes with GTA:SA but what are the effects on my computer performance, other software and internet risks?

Like others, my game ran fine for about the first 50 hours of gameplay, then it would occasionally freeze (the very first time it happened, my graphics bugged out and the driver stopped responding). It was kind of rare, but now, after maybe 100 or 150 collected hours of gameplay, GTA is guaranteed to freeze on me about 5 times before I can play.

Each freeze comes very shortly after loading my game, usually it freezes when I leave my safe house, jack a car or hit another car while in one. The picture just stops and the sound either loops on a 10 (estimate) second cycle or if I'm in a car the sound just continues like everything is okay (the music I mean). There's no ctrl-alt-dlt, there's no alt-tab, no alt-f4, just killing the power on my pc and rebooting. Usually when I get past the first few minutes without a crash I'm good to go for 15 minutes to a half hour before it crashes. If I can get past the first half hour without a crash then I think I'm pretty much good to go.

Win XP pro
256mb ram
GeForce FX 5700 LE (updating now to driver 8195, most recent) 128 mb card
SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio (just auto-updated now)

I'm hoping that the driver updates and turning off AA (and toggling frame limiter) will take care of things... but should I also do as was suggested in the above post? I'm a tad nervous since it sounds like a security compromise

edit: I also changed my color to 16 bit as per the suggestion in OP (this did mean in my pc options, not in the game options, yes?)

2nd edit: crashes persist... not sure what to do next sad.gif

3rd edit: I missed the frame limiter on the first run through. Turning it off seems to have fixed my issues. There's a noticeable drop in graphics quality (thought not a serious one, just noticeable) but animation quality has jumped way up. biggrin.gif

I'm not holding my breath though, if I can go a week or two with no problems then I'll assume it's fixed. Kudos for the OP smile.gif

4th edit (Dec. 12): I love the fact that there's no time limit for editing posts. My fix worked for about 4 or 5 collective gameplay hours (maybe a bit longer) and now I'm back to crashing/freezing again. Granted, it lasts a bit longer now (I no longer crash within seconds or as soon as I step out of the safehouse) but I still crash within less than a minute... sad.gif Any recommendations? Could it be my pc specs? Can someone tell me how to clear up space or resources on my pc? I'm rather pc retarded...

iRon(V)oNKeY
  • iRon(V)oNKeY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (magic420 @ Sep 8 2005, 02:01)
Hey I have a problem during the game, when i enter in a car or into stores, my screen

freezes with a looping sound, if anyone knows how to fix that probelsm please get

back at me colgate.gif

Exact same problem here, except it only happens when I enter vehicles. It is guranteed to happen in the first hour. I am on a mission, and I get in a car, BAM... instant freeze and the "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" sound. It's kills my computer having to cold boot everytime I play SA, and trying to make sure I save the game like very 30 seconds to go anywhere in this game. suicidal.gif

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:23 AM

this is the same as my problem. I've tried every fix I could find and it persists. I think there's something wrong on my PC itself, but the fact that I'm not alone with these symptoms now makes me feel better.

I also suspect that I toasted my graphics card, but I'm not sure how it happened or why things still work.

iRon(V)oNKeY
  • iRon(V)oNKeY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (SLUGFly @ Dec 16 2005, 10:23)
this is the same as my problem. I've tried every fix I could find and it persists. I think there's something wrong on my PC itself, but the fact that I'm not alone with these symptoms now makes me feel better.

I also suspect that I toasted my graphics card, but I'm not sure how it happened or why things still work.

It's not your computers fault. Games run fine on my system and problably your system. All software runs fine. Nothings overclocked. Heck, GTA runs fine MOST of the time, until it crashes when enetering a VEHICLE. It is CLEARLY GTA's problem. It's the game you bought that needs to be fixed. Yet, Rockstar won't do ANYTHING about this. We've got pages and pages worth of bugs, and the only patch they've released is a Hot Coffee one to cover their aRse.

Suffice it to say, I uninstalled it, and I won't buy from Rockstar ever again. I've now got an useless game that I paid for. confused.gif

Jib
  • Jib

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2005 - 07:35 PM Edited by Jib, 27 December 2005 - 08:33 PM.

When I first installed the game, I would get the random reboots. I could start missions, do them, save games, go anywhere, but then it would just randomly reboot. I did the realtek sound drivers, and now I have no reboots!!! So after drivinga round happily for an hour or so, I decide to go back to missions... or so I thought. The game now freezes in mission loading screens. It also does it in new game screens ( Libery City Airport.. 1992 screen )

What the hell.
I have the Second Edition game, so as far as I know the patch wouldn't even do anything for me? ( I tried installing it anyway for sh*ts and giggles but it didn't work.
What's really confusing is that before I could do missions fine, but now I can't?!
*EDIT*
Okay, so now I get illegal operation right after the big loading screen. COOL!
I've tried 98/2000 mode, deleting/moving the set file, and other things and still no good.
Xp3200+
512 ram
Radeon 9600 pro

I got this as a christmas gift and I am really dieing to actually play missions so any help would be greatly appreciated.

aim- irepmtown

xtatik222k
  • xtatik222k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

I wanted to try the useEax=false thing in the stream.ini file but how do i do it?

stone_coldn69
  • stone_coldn69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

Well after going thru 2 weeks of headaches, tossing my video card (asus fx5600) for a bfg 6800gs thinking that was the issue, buying a sound card and going thru this entire hints and tips. I've successfully been able to play for more than 30secs. 6hrs straight to be exact.

System : Asus A7V8X-E Deluxe, xp3200, 1gig of samsung, creative labs Audigy 2 value, bfg 6800gs oc,

I am not sure what exactly happened but, I memtested in dual channel got errors on #5 adn #8 so I pulled my memory out, tested each one, no errors individually got confused but them back in dual channel did a retest, no errors (WOOHOO), disabled onboard sound (was already) disabled midi, and the game port.
Rebooted, running the latest SBlive drivers Audigy (1/2/4) series Driver 02.08.0004 (http://downloads.gur...ad.php?det=1305) and vid drivers 83.40(http://downloads.gur...ad.php?det=1309) found on Guru3d, and boom, no issues. After following all the info and now did those last things i just mentioned, all is well.
Take note, i haven't rebooted since i've been playing, due to the fact i don't want to grind my teeth and slam back some beer to handle more issues with this game. I am disappointed with R* for not fixing all these effing issues, had i known all this i would have got it for the Xbox. The version it says on opening screen is v2.00. Not sure if that means stuff. Thanks for all your peeps help and experiences otherwise i may have never figured this game out.

smile.gif

-STONIE

scottg
  • scottg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hello,

I have a An athlon 1800 xp processor with 768mb ram. Running on a asus mother board nforce 2. AGP geforce ti4200 graphics card. Running windows xp home, SP2.

The game crashes at startup. After the intial intro video (which plays fine), the game crashes to windows. I have updated all drivers and ran in windows 98/2000 compatibilty mode. I installed only realtek drivers. I am trying to run in from the hard drive with no audio disk, could that be the problem??

Any fixes??

Here is the error message:

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (scottg @ Feb 22 2006, 12:34)
Hello,

I have a An athlon 1800 xp processor with 768mb ram. Running on a asus mother board nforce 2. AGP geforce ti4200 graphics card. Running windows xp home, SP2.

The game crashes at startup. After the intial intro video (which plays fine), the game crashes to windows. I have updated all drivers and ran in windows 98/2000 compatibilty mode. I installed only realtek drivers. I am trying to run in from the hard drive with no audio disk, could that be the problem??

Any fixes??

Does it run without the no-cd patch and the disc inserted?

scottg
  • scottg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

I have unfortunately received a second hand version of the game with a scratched play disc, thus I had to revert to using the nocd patch

doomsgod
  • doomsgod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:39 PM Edited by doomsgod, 04 March 2006 - 10:10 PM.

i gt this frustrating problem since i installed a bunch of mods all the red markers for haircuts etc have gone but i can still do missions and save and go into buildings..... i need help could sum 1 plz show me a way with out reinstallin the game as my disc has cracked im gonna go on a rampage_ani.gif soon edit:nvm i went to my bros and burn his gta3.img and main.scm etc and it wrks now

Baptistskeet
  • Baptistskeet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (scottg @ Feb 22 2006, 17:34)
Hello,

Any fixes??

man that is exactly what happened to me i cant find a darn thing to fix it either I hope there is some kind of fix

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

I'm pretty sure if you own a legit copy and play with the disc in the drive the problem will go away. confused.gif

Baptistskeet
  • Baptistskeet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:15 AM Edited by Baptistskeet, 04 March 2006 - 06:21 AM.

nah because i got mine@ EB and ran it without the crack and the same thing happens, I'm gonna get version 2 to see what happens i had the same exact problem with sim city 4 until i bought a new monitor and tried it for the hell of it. it's definately some kind of video card problem because both take up a crap load of memory to run & my bootleg copy of VC works better than most of the games i paid for including sim city lol byut im not shelling out more cash for another brand new monitor & i am seeing that on a lot of sites people are having this problem

mikey090
  • mikey090

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

I also am having the same problem with my pc reseting while playing GTASA. I have installed the latest microsoft updates as one user recommended and when i tried to install the new drivers i get a message saying that the installed driver is most compatible or something like that. Any recomendations? The game runs smoothly besides that.

Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Sempron 3000+
1.99 GHZ, 960 MB or RAM

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (mikey090 @ Mar 9 2006, 21:16)
I also am having the same problem with my pc reseting while playing GTASA. I have installed the latest microsoft updates as one user recommended and when i tried to install the new drivers i get a message saying that the installed driver is most compatible or something like that. Any recomendations? The game runs smoothly besides that.

Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Sempron 3000+
1.99 GHZ, 960 MB or RAM

I just thought of this from my experiences years ago gaming on PC... your computer isn't trying to go into hibernate or screen saver is it?

mikey090
  • mikey090

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:17 PM Edited by mikey090, 23 March 2006 - 09:33 PM.

No, unfortunately the reset is not a cause of hibernate or screen saver. I have all of those items turned off in my settings. I tried to use the patch that they have here and that didnt work, probably because the version of my GTASA is newer? I havent changed any other settings or deleted any files since i dont want to delete something that i might need. Any other suggestions?

***UPDATE*****

Well, after days of trying and reseting and unintalling and so forth, i finally tried to a few things, although it is not working the way i want, it is not resetting. I updated my driver for my ATI tv card, i have installed the Catalyst 6.03. driver. Now when i go into the game display options, i cannot change the resolution or turn other features on or off, i went into dxdiag and turned the sound acceleration completely to the lowest on the slide bar. I played the game and finished a mission which i usually would not be able to play and the game didnt reset. these are the things i noticed though:

Player View- I can no longer see my complete surroundings, i get a short distance view and only get a full view if i get on a vehicle. When i walk around i dont see things that are right in front and walk into things or don't know what is ahead of me.

Target- I can no longer hit the button on my control and get the green "target" arrow when aiming on people. I get the usual circle target that you have to manually move and aim, but it is set to a certain height and i have to move it around.

music and sound- the sound is very low when riding in a car.

If anyone was or did experience this and has a solution, please help me out as to i want to play this game but it has seem impossible with all of these problems.

I don't know if this causes a problem but i have a Nvidia video card that came with my pc and then i installed an ATI TV tuner card (which drivers i upgraded). Email me or im me is someone has any ideas. My pc specs are found on my previous message. Thanks

tminus
  • tminus

▀┼đ Mě-Fě

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:56 AM Edited by tminus, 19 May 2006 - 09:26 AM.

I tried to install a save game recently, probably incorrectly, and since SA hasn't started for me. I got a Win error message before the game could boot. Next I backed up and deleted the save and settings files and that didn't work. I had only a few mods installed, MTA, SAMP, and GTAGarage, which worked fine, but instead of replacing main.scm, script.ini etc. I just decided to do a complete reinstall, if it worked this time I would only have SAMP, the bare essentials, if need be. This didn't work either, but I could get to the box art title screen right before the load screen and then crash. I also tried everything relating to crash fixes in the first post of this thread. The most promising solution..:

If the game crashes after running nice before (or nothing happens when you click the GTA SA icon), try deleting or moving the GTA_SA.SET file (it has the options and settings for the game, save games are not affected by this file), and/or getting a replacement below (this solution is now officially reccomended by R* see 2nd post part m2.
If you have a crash on the ADVANCED option in graphics setup, try getting a replacement gta_sa.set file that is already set to medium, 800x600x16 etc. Sometimes that helps. This post by Overture has details and the file.
http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2893344

...did not work. I feel that this problem has to be much simpler, like regedit, but I don't know what I am looking for if that is the problem. I have only had it installed for a week on a 4 month old Dell system and everything was working great until I decided to mess with the savefile. I also read the thread that explains how to make savefiles work using a hex-editor etc. but I assumed that a reinstall would just fix the problem. If anyone knows the specific registry entries or some other idea it would be much appreciated. Although I don't think it is related to updates, I can't rule it out completely, so here are my specs for good measure:

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache B
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A00 08/15/2005
512MB Memory
Controllers Display
Intel« 82801GB Serial ATA Storage Controllers - 27C0
Intel« 82801GB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory [Display adapter]
RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory Secondary [Display adapter]
DELL E173FP [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n 6418059216US, August 2005)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Intel« 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8
Intel« 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9
Intel« 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA
Intel« 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
Intel« 82801GB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
Communications Other Devices
Intel« 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem

Edit- I found the reg entry for the 2.0 to 1.0 downgrader from the MTA forums and the Rockstar Games entry. I am going to uninstall again and see if deleting these before reinstall will help, but not until later, its late.

Franix
  • Franix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:07 AM

"No Disc Inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD" Try the solution that ShooBaDoop mentions in this post about temporarily turning off the DLA thingy (the crappy built in XP burning crap). http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2892580
Some info that may be released on this is in 2nd post on part m2.

I don't get the No Disc Inserted message, however, I attempt to launch the game and the below happens.

gta_sa.exe appears in the processes list but dissappears in a couple seconds and the game doesn't launch. I haven't made any system changes, I don't use any mods or hacks. I just beat the game. Now when I try to launch it, nothing really happens.

The Disc icon appears by the mouse courser, and the DVD starts to whirr, but that's it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Can anyone help?

Specs

A XP 2500+ OC - 2.0ghz
1 GB ram @ PC3200 dual channel
Asus R9600xt
Asus board, A7N8X-E
LG DVD-ROM CR-RW

I tried looked on my DVD-Rom properties and it doesn't have the DLA thingy.

Other games like Doom 3 & Vice City work fine. DVDs play normally.

It's worked fine for a year now. I finally finished it on Sunday and now it won't start. Grrrr!

Thanks.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Franix @ May 23 2006, 20:07)
"No Disc Inserted. Please insert the CD/DVD" Try the solution that ShooBaDoop mentions in this post about temporarily turning off the DLA thingy (the crappy built in XP burning crap). http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2892580
Some info that may be released on this is in 2nd post on part m2.

I don't get the No Disc Inserted message, however, I attempt to launch the game and the below happens.

gta_sa.exe appears in the processes list but dissappears in a couple seconds and the game doesn't launch. I haven't made any system changes, I don't use any mods or hacks. I just beat the game. Now when I try to launch it, nothing really happens.

The Disc icon appears by the mouse courser, and the DVD starts to whirr, but that's it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Can anyone help?

Specs

A XP 2500+ OC - 2.0ghz
1 GB ram @ PC3200 dual channel
Asus R9600xt
Asus board, A7N8X-E
LG DVD-ROM CR-RW

I tried looked on my DVD-Rom properties and it doesn't have the DLA thingy.

Other games like Doom 3 & Vice City work fine. DVDs play normally.

It's worked fine for a year now. I finally finished it on Sunday and now it won't start. Grrrr!

Thanks.

End all non-essential processes (especially any anti-virus) and try Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Also check out the VC Bug List. The problem and its solution could well be relevant for both SA and VC. smile.gif

Franix
  • Franix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:28 AM Edited by Franix, 23 May 2006 - 11:43 AM.

How do I enable W 98 Compatibility mode. I've never heard of it.

Disabled all processed for NAV and others, even tried with explorer.exe not running, and still no luck.

It's crazy it would just all of a sudden stop working. angry.gif

EDIT: Googled 98 Compatibility mode and tried it. Still dosen't work.

I see this same problem posted here and other forums with no answer. Same problem meaning it just all of a sudden stops working.

Could it be a setting on the DVD-ROM?

Franix
  • Franix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

I deleted the gta_sa.set file from the San Andreas user files, and it fixed the problem.

Such a helpful forum. tounge.gif die.gif

katanamaster
  • katanamaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

Now before you guys say anything I have tried ALMOST everything here and elsewhere. I've nearly spent 30 hours trying to make this game work but to not avail. I'm tired, and I'm about to kick R* in the ass for this.

Oh and this is my friends game and laptop (yes, laptop)
The Game:
GTA:SA second edition PC DVD-ROM
Laptop specs:
Sony VAIO PCG-V505EC
WinXP Home SP2
Intel Centrino 1.5GHz
512MB DDR RAM
ATI Mobility 9200 (dont have the memory specs but i think its around 64MB)
Yamaha AC-XG WDM Audio (THats what I found, So i think it's onboard)
No virtual drives, no windowsblind. Just reloaded it about 3 weeks ago.

So, I get a common problem. I load the game, gets through the intro, and gets to the san andreas load screen (the one right after the intro), and bam, crash. since it is the second edition, i doubt the patch will work (stupid R*)

I still have some options. .net framwork needs a service pack (though I doubt SA needs that), minor windows updates.
I cant seem to find updates for the mobility card( Catalyst update says it cant find driver), and I haven't checked the main sony updates yet, but I did 3 weeks ago, so I doubt anything new is there. I tried reinstalling it, But Ima try reinstalling it in a different directory (just thought I give it a try).

Im also thinking of putting on my computer (It's a PC, With alot of good specs. Only prob is I use it for modding and work so I have alot of crap that game protections dont approve of like CloneCD, 3-4 vitual drives, stuff like that) I'll post my results when I get to it.

But yea, This sucks. He spent 55 bucks on a game for PC (he would've bought it on Xbox but we wanted to use some car mods like the honda S2000 colgate.gif .) and it doesn't work. Nice for caring for the consumers R*.
And If I didn't know any better, I have friends all over that call me because of R*'s games (mostly PC games). Like 25 to life doesn't work on most PCs, Different versions of GTA don't work.

I was a fan of the GTA series but after san andreas came out (I dont disapprove of the game, just the people behind it), I don't think I'll buy another game from them till they give us, the consumers, More support. Man I get more support from UNsupported software than this. Shows what they care about more.

katanamaster
  • katanamaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:03 PM Edited by katanamaster, 25 May 2006 - 06:06 PM.

Little more info:

I installed on my PC, but same thing, crashes after intro.

I have:
WinXP media center
Intel P4 3.0 GHz
1GB DDR RAM
MSI gaming MoBo (dont have the model memorised sorry)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
SB Live Audigy 5.1 surround (I hardly use it, Im using my logitec headphones most of the time, USB)
And alot of other stuff that's not important.
I disabled the onboard sound (nforce chipset) so there shouldnt be a problem there.

Im about to give up and my friend to get a refund. I have the error report: I skipped the module report because it was long.

Application exception occurred:
App: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe (pid=4948)
When: 5/25/2006 @ 10:41:55.812
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

*----> System Information <----*
Computer Name: U-C68A754D00A84
User Name: Savage
Terminal Session Id: 0
Number of Processors: 2
Processor Type: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Windows Version: 5.1
Current Build: 2600
Service Pack: 2
Current Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Organization: U.S. Martial Arts
Registered Owner: Jason Scribner

*----> Task List <----*
0 System Process
4 System
740 smss.exe
796 csrss.exe
824 winlogon.exe
872 services.exe
884 lsass.exe
1056 Ati2evxx.exe
1072 svchost.exe
1148 svchost.exe
1252 svchost.exe
1348 svchost.exe
1448 svchost.exe
1648 spoolsv.exe
1796 ehRecvr.exe
1816 ehSched.exe
1896 Omniserv.exe
2036 svchost.exe
536 OPXPApp.exe
400 mcrdsvc.exe
1020 dllhost.exe
1432 alg.exe
4216 Ati2evxx.exe
4304 Explorer.EXE
4520 scureapp.exe
4528 VCDDaemon.exe
4544 CTFMON.EXE
4552 fdm.exe
4564 Help.exe
4948 gta_sa.exe
6044 drwtsn32.exe
*----> State Dump for Thread Id 0x1394 <----*

eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=00b6bd44 edi=0000001b
eip=004dd5a3 esp=0022fcd8 ebp=77d50a92 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy
cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00200293

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe
function: gta_sa
004dd57d 0000 add [eax],al
004dd57f 0000 add [eax],al
004dd581 00803fc78424 add [eax+0x2484c73f],al
004dd587 c8000000 enter 0x0,0x0
004dd58b 0000 add [eax],al
004dd58d 0000 add [eax],al
004dd58f 895c2440 mov [esp+0x40],ebx
004dd593 8b8424f4000000 mov eax,[esp+0xf4]
004dd59a 83f865 cmp eax,0x65
004dd59d 8b0df800bd00 mov ecx,[gta_sa+0x7d00f8 (00bd00f8)]
FAULT ->004dd5a3 0fbe1401 movsx edx,byte ptr [ecx+eax] ds:0023:00000000=??
004dd5a7 899424ac000000 mov [esp+0xac],edx
004dd5ae 899c24ec000000 mov [esp+0xec],ebx
004dd5b5 db8424ac000000 fild dword ptr [esp+0xac]
004dd5bc d88424f8000000 fadd dword ptr [esp+0xf8]
004dd5c3 d95c2410 fstp dword ptr [esp+0x10]
004dd5c7 0f87a4160000 jnbe gta_sa+0xdec71 (004dec71)
004dd5cd 0fb6802ced4d00 movzx eax,byte ptr [eax+0x4ded2c]
004dd5d4 ff2485a0ec4d00 jmp dword ptr [gta_sa+0xdeca0 (004deca0)+eax*4]
004dd5db 53 push ebx
004dd5dc 6a3b push 0x3b

EDIT: when i sent the error report microsoft led me to take2's support page for San Andreas. They told me to download the patch, but when i tried to update it, it said it "couldn't find old file. A same file was found and no updates were made".

dadditude
  • dadditude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Googlesta @ Jun 13 2005, 00:17)
Monitor issues: One guy had an issue where his monitor was blank or displaying OUT OF RANGE or SYNC etc. Obviously the game was trying to do a refresh rate his monitor could not display. He used RefreshForce to force it to 60 hz and it was fixed.
link: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/
Also check 2nd post parts u1, u2.

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out.

+ Windows XP SP2
+ nVidia geForce 6600 video card with 256MB VRAM
+ AMD 3200 processor
+ 1 GB RAM

Whenever I start the game, My monitor goes black and I get "Sync out of Range" (or words to that effect) floating around the screen. I have tried using Refresh Force to force it to 60Hz, but no luck. Is there any way to set the game's resolution from outside the game (with a command line option or somthing)?

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (tribal2 @ Jul 20 2005, 21:01)
also i have forgot to say that i am running the game with the
classic message error
"GTA_SA.EXE has encountered an error and need to close we are sorry..."

i ALT TAB it and i can play

Im still getting this problem. Right after the SA splash screen it goes black and then takes me back to desktop with that message. Anyone have a solution for it?

ps - Alt tabbing dont work for me.

Cheers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users