Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was the 2 player coding included in the PC vers. ?

7 replies to this topic
Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

Seeing as the PS2 version had the 2 player thing on it, was it included on the PC version? If it was, then hopefully you can start off of there to work on the MP version.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Fro @ Jun 12 2005, 22:32)
Seeing as the PS2 version had the 2 player thing on it, was it included on the PC version? If it was, then hopefully you can start off of there to work on the MP version.

It is taken out, but you probably mean if its in the SCM but doesn't have a pickup. I haven't searched for it, but if the code is still there, I think something can be done.

kyeman
  • kyeman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

At least part of the co-op code is still there, perhaps all of it. Contrary to what you might think, the co-op code is going to make our job more difficult. Multiplayer code on the local machine is not the same as multiplayer code over a network.

In our Vice version we take advantage of the fact that multiple players can be created, but with San Andreas, as soon as more than one player is created it goes into co-op mode.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

I have coded something and i accidently seem to actived or triggered it here is a screeny

user posted image

I didnt do anything yett to make a coop mode because there are no controls to configure in the options menu and there is no second player model to be spawned so thats why you wont see the players but they are there its not a fake read the damn text in the left up corner all the code thats left in seems to be in the exe file so maybe Steve-m Can try to make an alternative to Menu editor Because SecurRom 7 Cant be hacked in any way to edit the menu ingame so lets hope so someone can get into the menu's and activate all the Coop stuff again sigh.gif

Sobeit
  • Sobeit

mta ninja

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Jun 13 2005, 19:15)
Because SecurRom 7 Cant be hacked in any way to edit the menu ingame

umm, no.

SecuRom 7 is a Disc protection method, not a .exe protection method....grr..

and also, im thinking a 2 player Coop mode could be quite simple over the internet, but a massivly multiplayer or even more then 2 should be quite hard lol.

i would definatly like to see a 2 player internet coop, with no distance limit.

and AAD, i think your code is missing some things, like what 2 player model is, where to spawn them looks bugged too.

why not take a look at the ps2 .SCM file? wink.gif

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:42 PM Edited by !cMc! Jacob, 13 June 2005 - 07:48 PM.

all the code thats left in seems to be in the exe file so maybe Steve-m Can try to make an alternative to Menu editor Because SecurRom 7 Cant be hacked in any way to edit the menu ingame

That makes no sense.. you're confusing Disc Protection, Exe Protection, and GXT files all at the same time. Here's a couple of things you need to understand.

The EXE isn't protected or packed, it can still be dissasembled just like previous versions. Or is it? I just read on Steve-M's site that it was. In that case, how come memory editing and dissasembling still works without any problem? notify.gif
∙ San Andreas (nor any other GTA game) does not load the executable off the disc, so where does SecurRom7 come in here? The executable is installed onto the PC and as I said.

Anyway, I'm curious - what did you do? Create another player with an scm editor?

kyeman
  • kyeman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (!cMc! Jacob)

I just read on Steve-M's site that it was. In that case, how come memory editing and dissasembling still works without any problem?

Because you're using a pre-dumped version (ie a crack).

QUOTE (!cMc! Jacob)

San Andreas (nor any other GTA game) does not load the executable off the disc, so where does SecurRom7 come in here? The executable is installed onto the PC and as I said.

Yeah, the SecuRom has little to do with it. There is another form of executable protection put over the top that prevents editing of the disk version. We should be able to edit the memory (runtime) version, legally, providing it doesn't bypass any of the copy protection systems.

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (kyeman)
In our Vice version we take advantage of the fact that multiple players can be created, but with San Andreas, as soon as more than one player is created it goes into co-op mode.

It is to my understanding that you previously took advantage of multiple 'players' because of how limited actors were to control. Just out of curiousity, have you not noticed how much more actors can do in San Andreas? They can shoot rocket launchers, crouch, roll, driveby, shoot out of hunters, and basically everything a regular player can do. So I don't see a need in bypassing the hardcoded co-op modes with players when you can simply use actors instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users