Photo

RAIN

5 replies to this topic
tomirlik
  • tomirlik

The Overlord

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

Ok I love San Andreas, but there is one problem. Everytime the rain starts, my frame rate gets slowed down and becomes jittery (only when raining). During the rest of the game, everything works pretty much fine. Note, that I have medium draw distance and lowest fx effects. My specs either meet or exxeed the recommended specs, and here they are:
I have:
-2.0Gh Pentium 4
-256mb ATI Radeon 9600 (game wants 128)
-1Gig Ram
-16x DVD Drive
-Enough space (16G)
-Direct X 9.0c

Can someone please tell me why the game acts like this during rain, and how I can stop the jitering (without the sunny cheat, or do cheats not matter in 100% completion).? Also, is there a hack that will stop rain from ever happening on the game? Thanks in advance!!!

ellis
  • ellis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

Same problem here

XP2600
1Gb RAM
GeForce FX 6600 GT
SB Live 5.1

DX 9.0c

sad.gif

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

this has happend to a lot of people, the rain in sanan is made differently so it takes up a bit more of your video card. so it can slow down for a bit. it does it for me too, nothing wrong with the system, just puts to much on the system. but it's suprizing that your system does it. cause you have a bit more power than mine and if it's on lowest settings. idk, might actually be something wrong for you. kinda doubt it though.

ellis
  • ellis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

This isnt normal slow down that you experience in driving games with spray

As soon as it flicks into rain (as in, as the spray is just forming) it slows right down. Then it stays slow until it has stopped raining. Even with no spray visible

Also, no matter what graphics settings (640x480 on lowest details, i have tried), it does it just as bad

This isnt a performance issue like low FPS caused by a out dated computer, there is something seriously wrong. sad.gif

tomirlik
  • tomirlik

The Overlord

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

Hmm, so this happens to others too. Ok, thanks guys. Oh, though my system is not thw worst, I keep fx at low to increase performance further (some times it slows if i walk into a shadow). But hey, the game still looks wicked!

Rockhead
  • Rockhead

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:02 PM

ummm with the rain somtimes my sound FX shut off but i fixed that with the drivers upgrade, i love my computer i built it my self

3400+ AMD 64 socket 939 CPU
ASUS A8V Deluxe MOBO
200 gig WD 7200 rpm HD
Nvidia 6800 GT GPU
1 gig of Ultra PC3200 ram running at 400mhz and at dual channel
dvd burner and cd burner
520 watt aspire PSU
and the MGE Viper Case, with 11 fans, and a huge CPU HEat sink Thermaltake Heat Pipe
i use on board 8 channel audio which works fine, i will up grade that sooner or later.
i have pics on my myspace, myspace.com/rockhead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users