Photo

Dirty Cars

96 replies to this topic
pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:21 PM

Try OffRoader23's No Rust/Dirt mod. Here's a gtagaming link for it; for other download locations, hit the Google.

spectre01
  • spectre01

GTA & MW Lover

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

or use 1.01 patch, that way you can clean all the cars by go to pay n' sprey

Shocuda
  • Shocuda

hm?

• Members

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

I downgraded my GTA so I could Mod it. I recently re installed GTA SA and Would like to keep some of the fixes in GTA 2.0, like the clean cars, and the sound fix. if there a way to keep that, but still make the Dev Trainers and make it fully moddable?

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

Those were in the 1.01 patch but that limits you from being able to use hot coffee although other mods still work. If the downgrade procedure allows you to use the patch. If it doesn't you probably can't get those fixes but try looking around some of the modding forums for info because you will probably get better answers there than here.

stevenqwerty
  • stevenqwerty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

i looked in this forum and found that gta sa v1.01 the cars can be clean, but can the cars be clean in v2

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Second Edition is version 1.01. So, yes they can. It a bit confusing since there wasn't going to be a patch yet but Hot Coffee made it come out. If it was a full patch, it would be version 1.1 like III and VC before it.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

The "wisdom of the forum" gathered from what people have posted over the last year or so after it came out is that version 2.0 is version 1.0, and the bugs fixed in the 1.01 patch are still present.

stevenqwerty
  • stevenqwerty

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

i cant get my car clean even if i go to pay 'n' spray and paint it few times.
what happen, people said v2.0 can also clean cars through pay 'n' spray, but mine just doesn't work. i have pc version.
can someone help me plzzzzz!!!

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

Do you mean the 'Car Wash'???
Well, in both versions of San Andreas, the Car Wash is non-functional. Pay-n-Spray only repaints your car and gives you a new engine if it's damaged. It is not supposed to wash your car. In any case, repainting the car should give you a clean car.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (girishb_86 @ May 11 2007, 20:45)
Do you mean the 'Car Wash'???
Well, in both versions of San Andreas, the Car Wash is non-functional. Pay-n-Spray only repaints your car and gives you a new engine if it's damaged. It is not supposed to wash your car. In any case, repainting the car should give you a clean car.

No, he is talking about the Grunge on the sides of the car. On the PS2 you could go to Pay 'n' Spray and remove the amount of grunge on the car, this was absent in V1 of SA

Topicstarter: The only thing I can think of is to downgrade to V1 then put the patch on, which reinstates it to the PC version wink.gif

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

Actually it is on V1.0 that the cars are always dirty and can't get clean. With the patch this is fixed.

Werven
  • Werven

Facefixer.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Niteye @ May 12 2007, 21:29)
Actually it is on V1.0 that the cars are always dirty and can't get clean. With the patch this is fixed.

I guess

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Niteye @ May 13 2007, 06:29)

I meant the removal of the grunge was absent wink.gif

Orion ZyGarian
  • Orion ZyGarian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:04 AM Edited by Orion ZyGarian, 17 October 2007 - 05:31 AM.

Okay, so I've had a hell of a time trying to figure this out...searching extensively all over the internet, and this place is obviously the best.

My roommate just got this game about a month ago, so of course I installed it on my computer as well. Since it is 2007, after the big "Hot Coffee" mess, I knew that the version he had would obviously be without it.

The game disc says "second edition", has Tenpenny on it, and is the DVD edition. So why cant I clean cars? I've seen a few here and there that are clean, but I cant clean any cars that are dirty! The carwash in Los Santos is completely aesthetic; it doesnt do anything at all. Frustrated, I went to the nearby Pay 'n' Spray to clean off the car..the color changes but the grunge still stays! wtf?! It also stays on cars I leave in garages.

Can anyone help my predicament? I would assume that "Second Edition" means v2.00 which means its essentially identical to v1.01, especially since it is a DVD..

My only "mod" is that I dont use the disk. When alt+tabbing while something is loading, more often than not the game freezes, but I suspect the reason is because the whole no-CD thing..not too worried about it, though it is annoying when I'm trying to complete something.

For the record, I do own the game for PS2 anyways. Also, visual quality is on "very high"

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

If you have a modified exe, it is probably based on version 1. Start the game and look in the lower-right-hand corner of the main menu. If there is nothing there, it's version 1.0; otherwise the version number will appear. If it's a version 1.0 exe, get used to dirty cars.

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:07 AM Edited by TheTank, 17 October 2007 - 09:09 AM.

Ok, You use no-dvd crack? The crack might have changed you .exe to v.1.0.

€dit: pdescobar beat me tounge.gif .

Orion ZyGarian
  • Orion ZyGarian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

Ohh okay..that makes perfect sense now, thanks! Yeah, I forgot to mention there was no version number in the corner.

I'm curious as if I should try the patch but if I'm still able to keep my car mods I dl'd last night. Apparently my IMG Tool works with version 2, so it should work with 1.01 right?

PorridgeIsGood
  • PorridgeIsGood

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hello there.
I recently accumulated enough money to modify my hideous teal "Blista Compact".
Like any gentleman living in San Andreas' hot climate, I requested it be painted white.
Only then did I realise my vehicle had long smears of human excrement on its side.
Is there any way to clean ones' car?

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Try putting it in the water. It's bound to work biggrin.gif

PorridgeIsGood
  • PorridgeIsGood

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

I despise when I can't make out sarcasm from sincerity...

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

If I'm not wrong, this was an issue with version 1 copies of the game. Clean cars existed only in version 2. You might have a v1 copy.

PorridgeIsGood
  • PorridgeIsGood

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

Darn!
I don't suppose one can patch a game to v2 status while remaining the realm of legality?
Quite surprising, as I bought the "Trilogy" edition...

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

If you bought the trilogy edition, then it could be v2. I'm not sure. When did you buy it? Also, do you see any clean cars in the game?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

Try the carwash, there's one...

errr...

Somewhere, I forgot.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:23 PM Edited by radioman, 13 June 2013 - 07:09 PM.

QUOTE (Fireman @ Oct 31 2009, 06:42)
Try the carwash, there's one...

errr...

Somewhere, I forgot.

The car washes weren't introduced til IV-the working ones anyway.

The Trilogy Pack for PC is V2 just like the Trilogy Pack for PS2 is the same as the Greatest Hits version, as the saves are completely compatible. I have both versions.

As far as I know, only the Original PS2 release had the "clean car" effect.

I corrected myself on this one, as the ONLY versions that have the Clean car effects are: V2(Stand alone DVD AND the Trilogy Pack), V3( Legal Digital Downloads for PC/the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Packs for PS2-not sure about the X-Box version? It will ONLY work on Medium and High Visual FX quality for PC versions-WILL NOT work on Low Visual FX Quality...V1 of the game for PC do not have this feature unless they use the official patch...Just an update/heads up. smile.gif

undeadmilitia
  • undeadmilitia

aka [WTF]OsaMaleecious @ CSS-SAMP

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

there's a clean cars mod over at gtagarage.

mayb that can help u

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

I think that when you start playing after just installing it, the cars are all clean, and then get dirty over a period of about a half-an-hour's worth of gameplay. And strangely, if I remember right, this only happens after the install--if you quit your current game and start a new one, all the cars are dirty from the start. confused.gif

I just use the "no dirt and rust" mod, which solves the whole problem... biggrin.gif

PorridgeIsGood
  • PorridgeIsGood

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

I'm used to the simplicity of Bethesda Softworks' games when it comes to mods.
Whenever I attempt using Chleo, my game fails to start. So I'm stuck with hideous cars.
But at the same time, I want contrast.
I want to have a clean motorcycle in a dirtbike competition...
I want an expensive sportscar in the ghetto. Clean, obviously...

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:20 AM

Clean cars in the PC version is only introduced in v1.01 and up (meaning not the original copy). And it is only working when you have the FX quality to medium or higher. Talk about a good port. v1.01 is easily downloadable on Rockstar's website but mods won't work anymore.

The "clean cars mod" basically just permanently removes the dirt textures on the cars. You'll never see it dirty again but it makes the dirty cars feature so useless.

PorridgeIsGood
  • PorridgeIsGood

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I run the game at the lowest available texture setting, cranking up view distance (despite having a miniature, laptopesque screen).
But I just mean removing the dirt on the side. You know? The yucky smears that look like fecal matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users