» «
Photo

Collected Audio Fixes

188 replies to this topic
FatboySlim
  • FatboySlim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:54 AM Edited by FatboySlim, 07 February 2006 - 02:19 AM.

I can't find a solution to my problem.

veector
  • veector

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

I looked through most of this and cant find a fix for my problem, i play the game for a while and then sounds slowly start cutting out, usually lose the car engine sounds, the menu beeps and pretty much everything else besides the radio...

any ideas?

Minyza
  • Minyza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

my car has no sound when i drive has ne1 got ne clue wot i can do? confused.gif

Tonks
  • Tonks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

I couldn't find any replies related to my problem, so I figured it was okay to post this.
I have a sound problem that occurs sometimes when I save or I look at the map. As soon as I go back to the game after saving or looking at the map, an obnoctious sound starts. It sounds like an engine of a vehicle, but it drowns out almost everything else. It usually does not last long, but it is unpredictable in it's duration and it's volume. Usually I just unplug my headphones until it's gone, but it does get rather annoying, playing without sound and all. So can anyone help me with this?
-Tonks rah.gif

MrWarMage
  • MrWarMage

Tango-cappin', Toe-tappin', Wrist-snappin' Nice Guy.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:29 PM

Reporting in on my result to the Thunderstorm/Rain bug:

Results: DXDIAG (Basic Audio Acceleration) was the fix.

Kit is:
ASUS A8N-SLi-Deluxe (AMD XP64 3800+ 2.4G - no O/C.)
Onboard Realtek AC'97 (with linked ref drivers from above - no change.)
- using simple powered pair on LINE OUT with 2CH Stereo on their stupid little app. (It really is stupid.)
ATI Radeon X1300 Pro (newest Catalyst drivers since Day One)

This is all brand new gear. I upgraded my kit and started experiencing the T-Storm Audio Bug. This wasn't happening on my K7V board with Realtek (whatever rev) sound. Very troubling, but after grinding through the EAX and driver-based fixes, the elegance of the DXDIAG resolution is maddeningly effective.

Cheers.

MrWarMage
  • MrWarMage

Tango-cappin', Toe-tappin', Wrist-snappin' Nice Guy.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

Reporting in on my result to the Thunderstorm/Rain bug:

Results: DXDIAG (Basic Audio Acceleration) was the fix.

Kit is:
O/S - XP SP2 - fully updated except for the IE 7 patch, because I use Firefox (Firefox, dammit!) wink.gif
MOBO - ASUS A8N-SLi-Deluxe (AMD XP64 3800+ 2.4G - no O/C)
SOUND - Onboard Realtek AC'97 (with linked ref drivers from above - no change.)
- using simple powered pair on LINE OUT with 2CH Stereo on their stupid little app. (It really is stupid.)
VID - ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB (newest Catalyst drivers since Day One)
RAM - 1024 MB DDR2 (2x 512MB)

This is all brand new gear. I upgraded my kit and started experiencing the T-Storm Audio Bug. This wasn't happening on my K7V board with Realtek (whatever rev) sound. Very troubling, but after grinding through the EAX and driver-based fixes, the elegance of the DXDIAG resolution is maddeningly effective.

Cheers.
~WM

GTA-Sa-Rob
  • GTA-Sa-Rob

Stubby Master

• Members

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hey... I'm having a problem but I don't know PRECISELY, which of these will fix my problem.

In SA single player, unless I move the camera RIGHT UP NEXT TO THE CAR, I cant hear the engine. Same for planes, and heli engines. I'm running windows XP (no sp2 biggrin.gif ) and have the most recent Directx and Audio drivers for my sound card (Turtle Beach Riviera 5.1)

Any help would be much appreciated. inlove.gif

GTA-Sa-Rob
  • GTA-Sa-Rob

Stubby Master

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:48 PM

Nobody? rolleyes.gif

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

i cant help that but i can say double posting will get you nowhere - trust me i know
use the edit button or you'll end up causing yourself some troubel

just a friendly heads up

Juden
  • Juden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

I am using a sound blaster audigy SE.

I am hearing clicks and pops when objects collide. Lots of high pitch pops and clicks. VERY annoying...

The problem is I don't know which fix I need to use. There's a great list of fixes but there's no explanation of what problems the fixes fix.... confused.gif

I guess I'll try getting creative's newest driver. Seems like I did that right before I installed this sound card a month or two ago.

ohgeeloak
  • ohgeeloak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

FULL INSTALL OF GTA (Music on Hard Drive) FIXED CRASH AT INTRO SCREEN

My game installed but always crashed at the main intro screen. I updated the drivers on my soundmax intergrated sound card, disabled sound hardware acceleration, and other solutions in the forum.

Then, after finding a post that said that reinstalling might fix the intro screen crash, I uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times, but I always used custom to unselect installing music to my hard drive to save space. That didn't work either.

But then I uninstalled again and chose a full install, and now the game started up without errors.

Can't say this will work for everyone though.

deoshi
  • deoshi

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

SOMEBODY PLEASE REPLY!!! I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SOUND WHEN IT STARTS TO RAIN ALL OF THE OTHER SOUNDS JUST STOP WHEN I SHOOT A GUN NO SOUND AFTER THE RAIN STOPS THE SOUND IS ALL CRAPPY HELP!!! angry.gif

deoshi
  • deoshi

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

SOMEBODY HAS TO MAKE A PATCH FOR THE RAINING PROBLEM WITH THE SOUNDS AND ALL!!!

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (deoshi @ Mar 29 2007, 17:00)

There is a patch. Rockstar released a 1.01 patch which has the "rain bug" in its list of fixes.

deoshi
  • deoshi

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (maf @ Mar 30 2007, 09:23)
QUOTE (deoshi @ Mar 29 2007, 17:00)

There is a patch. Rockstar released a 1.01 patch which has the "rain bug" in its list of fixes.

nah i already have dat patch besides i got it fixed anyway rahkstar2.gif

keshavdutt
  • keshavdutt

KESHAV DUTT

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

devil.gif PLEASEEE HELP ME MAN I MY GTA SA IS WORKING FULLY FINE ,ALL THE SOUNDS ARE THERE EXCEPT FOR THE SOUND OF THE TELEPHONE{I MEAN WHEN THE BELL RINGS I CAN HEAR THE RING BUT THATS IT NOTHING ELSE WHAT IS CJ TALKING ABOUT}AND THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME MISSION LIKE CEASOR.....ETC I AM UNABLE TO HEAR THEM I HAVE UPDATED MY SOUND DRIVERS PLEASEEEE HELP MEEEEEEEEE sigh.gif music.gif sleepy.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

I have Realtek AC'97 Audio. Would it be better for me to just only downgrade EAX.dll? Anyway, I realized that when the sound cuts off randomly, all you have to do is to make your way to a save diskette.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:33 AM

Don't forget to try dropping your DirectX 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' to 'Basic acceleration' before replacing files, etc.

That's been the standard first-try fix for sound issues in SA for a couple of years smile.gif

supralov3r
  • supralov3r

meh wutever

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:55 AM Edited by supralov3r, 19 July 2007 - 03:37 AM.

NVM I did it! Thank God for Google! biggrin.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 21 September 2007 - 02:57 AM.

Update: The Realtek AC'97 Audio Vista drivers doesn't have sound issues when it rains. So basically, upgrading to Windows Vista fixes any sound problem you may have. But it would be better to buy a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi along with some Logitech surround sound speakers if you have XP. Also, remember that the "rain bug" can be fixed by simply saving game or lowering down the hardware acceleration to Basic (there's none of this in Vista, though). smile.gif

But note that downgrading EAX and changing your speaker setup layout configurations will not work! It's better the leave it as "Stereo". The only thing that works (at least for me in Windows XP) is using "Basic" acceleration.

*Patch v1.01* amazingly doesn't fixes the "rain bug" that they said they fixed!

OG "D" Gangsta
  • OG "D" Gangsta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

How about a sound fix for Vista?
I have :

Logitech Headset
Audigy LS Series (based on PC Wizard 2008)

Problems :
I can't hear the radio...
I can't hear any of CJ or peds or his homies talking when doing something except pain sounds and at some cutscenes, CJ talking one sentence and another sentence can't be heard.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:41 AM Edited by maf, 04 January 2008 - 01:16 AM.

What does Vista have in place of the dxdiag tool?

I found this somewhere else:

Windows Vista audio stack does notsupport hardware acceleration (precisely
because of issues on Windows XP that required turning it off more often than
not).

And here:

You see, they cut out the DirectSound layer in Vista, and thus any games that rely on DirectSound for hardware-accelerated sound will be reduced to software acceleration.

I don't have answers, other than having a dual-boot of Vista/XP and installing games on XP. Until Microsoft comes up with a solution in Vista SP1, those people are SOL.

It'd be good to keep these audio fixes updated for Vista, so SA can still be played.

medley
  • medley

I come from the Spion Kop

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Okay I've tried a lot of things mentioned in this thread but I still keep encountering loss of sound. Its usually caused by rain/rainstorms as it clashes with other background sounds. After this point my sounds start stuttering but nothing I can't handle. Then after a couple of car changes my sound disappears completely (besides the radio).

Things I've tried:

Updated Realtek drivers
Installed new EAX .dll
Updated to the latest patch
Changed Direct X acceleration - This makes my sound crackle

I can't really try the downgrading of Direct X because other games require me to play with 9.0c. Any other suggestions? I wish Rockstar had an option to turn off this EAX stuff, its blatantly part of the problem. I'm on Win XP SP2

samhughes3971
  • samhughes3971

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

Does this information also fix the same issue with RealTek HD Audio devices?

tassan
  • tassan

tassan

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

in my registry all the values are (1) !!

tassan
  • tassan

tassan

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (samhughes3971 @ Mar 1 2008, 17:47)
Does this information also fix the same issue with RealTek HD Audio devices?

i don't think so!!

uk_john
  • uk_john

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

My only problem, and I have XP and I have Realtek HD sound, is that I cannot get the user radio to remember the MP3's in the folder! When I start a new game I always have to scan again, and if i have it set to radio, I can just go to the save screen in my safe house come back out to the car and I have lost it again! I am not a big fan of hip hop anf gangsta music, so my User radio is very important!

Anyone come across his problem?

Woki1986
  • Woki1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:12 PM Edited by Woki1986, 30 April 2009 - 05:18 PM.

I've actually posted on a seperate thread. It's been fine the last week but in the last 3 days any time I go near and get into a car the sound crackles and continues to. I've just bought GTA:SA on steam so it's latest version. I've done everything I can from that list and the noise is driving me crazy.
After testing just now it crackles as soon as I load a game. sad.gif

SirSargeant
  • SirSargeant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hey, I've read through all of these posts and I haven't seen anybody who's got my problem.

I just installed the game about a week ago and I've been playing nonstop with no problems. And then all of a sudden today my audio is out of sync, but only in the cutscenes.

I've tried adjusting the acceleration level, downloaded the patch, and just about all of the other simple fixes that worked for other people. None of them have worked for me. I even reinstalled the game yet the problem remains. The sound works fine everywhere else in the game, it's just out of sync in all of the cutscenes. And the sound works fine in every other program on the computer, so I think it's a problem with the game.

The problem is, I'm playing on my roommate's computer and he's out of town for the weekend. That being the case, I don't know his hardware and can't post it. All I know is we've been running the game at top graphics for the past week without a hitch, and then suddenly today everything falls apart. If there's a way I can fix this without having to update drivers or anything, that would be great. I'd feel better if I didn't have to download anything or update his computer without him knowing.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

The audio in cutscenes goes out of sync only if you turn off the sound hardware acceleration. Make sure it's at the highest level. Also, try deleting the gta_sa.set file from the San Andreas User Files folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users