Photo

Collected Audio Fixes

187 replies to this topic
Jumiah
  • Jumiah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

I have a Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1 card and also experienced the loss of ambient sounds when it rains.

Knocking down my audio hardware acceleration fixed that problem.

However, the game gets a little sticky with the audio now at times. I hope the next patch fixes this.

Just wanted to chime in and add myself to the long list of complaints smile.gif

RS Bows
  • RS Bows

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:31 AM Edited by RS Bows, 01 July 2005 - 08:32 AM.

Interesting fix for nForce2 mobo owners - well Abit NF7-S owners anyway. (If it's not been on here already)

http://www.zone365.com/content/10/95

Instructions are a little vague but if you already have "Advanced Configuration and Power interface (ACPI) PC" instead of "ACPI Uniprocessor machine" under Computer then it's already been done.

After "Update driver" select "No not this time", next, "Install from a list or specific location", next, "Don't search", next, Select Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC. Reboot etc

I've only been playing for a few hours with this but so far haven't noticed any clicks, pops and stutters etc. I had already updated the BIOS and installed 4.57 audio drivers, both of which cured a lot of problems themselves

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

Qjimbo - sorry bud, gave you credit now,
Maf - added newer eax.dll, cheers
rsbows - added alternative nforce link.

mc18jm
  • mc18jm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

Hello!
hey is a way to disable eax in realtek ac97 onboard soundcard?? I knew that that crap support
only eax 1.0 and 2.0 but doesnt support eax 3.0.
gta san andreas uses eax 4...

jaster3000
  • jaster3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:52 AM

does anyone have a list of the files that are supposed to be in the san andreas audio folder? I dont have many and i cant hear anything but the radio and the cutscenes, no in game audio.

roAm
  • roAm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:08 AM

i just did something crazy and it worked for most of my audio problems...
delete EAX.dll.
yes.
delete EAX.dll.
your game will run fine and so far, my audio problems are gone smile.gif

dak0ta_g33k
  • dak0ta_g33k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

huhh??? i just renamed it, and then

GTA_SA.exe failed to start because EAX.DLL was not found.

Pvt.Hudson
  • Pvt.Hudson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

I Have a santa Cruz sound card and I get poping and clicking, my engine sound suddenly gets quiet or louder, my AK sound is wierd ( I have heard the orginal on the PC and ps2 this is different) and my menu select sound is staticy. I have the latest drivers for the card and this problem only happens in GTA. I cant use the 2 direct x removers above due to the fact I have no dx8.1 backup and i have sp2. I tried the EAX.dll, that didnt work...any ideas?

HELP ME! suicidal.gif

roAm
  • roAm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (dak0ta_g33k @ Jul 10 2005, 01:32)
huhh??? i just renamed it, and then

GTA_SA.exe failed to start because EAX.DLL was not found.

it worked for me? thats...weird blink.gif
maybe its detecting it as registered in system32 for me?

wijiwang
  • wijiwang

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

That's because your PC was registering the eax.dll in system32. That does not fix the problem if it registers the eax.dll in \San Andreas\ (root) ..i.e.. regsvr32 /u eax.dll

You think that Rock* is going to fix that EAX problem? I am astonished that they didn't test on a Live! 5.1.. you know, considering Soundblaster was officially sponsoring their PC version.. apparently.

Hey that program you are using up there with the screenshot.. is that an EAX emulator? If so, what card is it for? I can't stand running these EAX games with software acceleration.. It makes my game stutter at times.. and I KNOW that having to run at 'basic acceleration' is causing it.

I e-mailed rockstar support about it for a request in v1.1. I hope all of you did the same thing.

Gamespot knocked points off the PC version because the audio only worked on 1 of 3 test machines that they use.

Is there 'any' other option to fix this problem other than rolling back EAX .dll's and running your sound card at 'basic acceleration'.. I have a Live! 5.1 and almost any game I've ever played had EAX greyed out.

roAm
  • roAm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

thought i made it clear i already realized that in my second post

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Update: amended the reg-edit method to include another issue.

Gary King
  • Gary King

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:03 AM

Stupid audio problems sad.gif

Anyways, hopefully Rockstar releases a patch for it soon, since this is the hugest, and probably the only (major) bug relating to San Andreas. Usually, reloading a saved game fixes it, though, which is my current (temporary) solution.

Ekki17
  • Ekki17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

i have the sound crackling problem but i have a solution for me but it suxx.
i have the sound crackling only at SA and battlefield 1942 blink.gif

i tried everything from here.downgrade dx and the eax.dll....nothing works.
then i was so angry that i tryed a crazy thing.
i set my cpu speed DOWN!

my system runs with an AMD XP 2000+ on a K7S5A Elitegroup mainboard. in the bios, i can set the frequenzy rate for cpu and ram down. i left the ram frequenzy at 133mhz but the cpu speed down to 100.

and what a wonder: no sound crackling.NO...not a few times or so.

but that method still sucks because i dont have the full cpu speed and many programs and games are not running fast as they could.

i hope that will help somebody.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:47 AM

That's certainly an unusual and extreme fix for sound problems.

ringer
  • ringer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

DUUUDE! I frikin u share just fixed my game! THANX a thousand mate!

Mmm_Beefy
  • Mmm_Beefy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

tried everything in this thread, downgraded DX9c to 9b, eax.dll, win98 compat mode (this helped a bit, converstations didnt cut out, but engine sounds, and atmosphere did, when it rained)
finally, lowering sound slider to basic in dxdiag fixed my problems.
i get a split second pause now when i'm driving, and look left/right or behind.. but not always.
at least all my sounds play now, and i can enjoy the game.

glad this thread was around to help.

oh, my soundcard is a Hercules Gametheater XP 5.1 (first version of it).. and no.. i refuse to get rid of it:)

cheers.

Wolfmight
  • Wolfmight

Heli-blade Massacre

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

I can't even enjoy the PC version of the game without sound issues!
Basicly, after 20 minutes...some bull**** issue occurs causing the dialog, music, sound effect, or ambient stream to mute! Yes, I've had all possible layers of sound mute on me and I suggest Rockstar patch this mother.
It's a major issue!

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:28 AM

Well i just as all of u tried every fix and absolutely nothing worked until I tried downgrading sound acceleration to basic.This worked PERFECTLY!!.thanks whoever u are that first suggested this.THe best part is that my sound doesnt sound any different or lose quality!!No more conversation skips for me!!!

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (scabo19 @ Jul 24 2005, 06:28)
Well i just as all of u tried every fix and absolutely nothing worked until I tried downgrading sound acceleration to basic.This worked PERFECTLY!!.thanks whoever u are that first suggested this.THe best part is that my sound doesnt sound any different or lose quality!!No more conversation skips for me!!!

It seems to be the most successful fix for sound-related issues - mine included.

BIOHAZARD76
  • BIOHAZARD76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

that's it! finally i´ve fixed da damn sh*t!! i guess... (it worked for me...i have a asus a7s333 with c-media 8783 onboard sound - or something like this...)

after try all da fixes above without any success i did some desparate - and apparently uneffective - attempt...

i couldn't remove DX9.0c with dxerradicator (sp2 sux!), even dx happy uninstall 3.5 cause every function needs da registration...

so, i installed directx 8.1 over directx 9.0c (without remove it)!! and guess what?!!?

it worked!! don't ask me how...

anyways, thx Overture, your topic helped me a lot! colgate.gif

sorry bout da crappy english... tounge2.gif

Portugues - BR

resumindo... eu tentei d tudo oq tinha nesse topico e nada funcionou, naum conseguia remover o directx 9.0c por causa do sp2 ou pq naum consegui o serial pro dx happy uninstall 3.5, entaum eu instalei o directx 8.1 "por cima" do 9.0c....

eu sei q isso naum deveria funcionar e fazer diferença alguma, mas funcionou!! naum me perguntem como....

era isso, boa sorte...

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

I'm gonna post that last one Biohazard, since it worked for you :-)

Glad people had some use from it! Cheers to all submissions and fixes.

Dave

legodude
  • legodude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

Where did you download the installer for directx 8.1?

Mikester
  • Mikester

Only True Rock Survives Over The Years

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:38 PM Edited by Mikester, 02 August 2005 - 02:26 PM.

Hey guys. I've been getting crashes with SA for some time now. I noticed that these OFTEN crashes have started to appear since i installed the Hot C mod(but first backed up the two files that this mod needs). But i'm not sure that this is the cause for my crashes, i'm still considering all the options. The wierd part was that i copied back the main.scm and script.img and the crashes stiil occur. I CANNOT play 10 min without getting a crash. I don't have the sound problems, like most of you guys. The only sound prob i had was the synch in cut scenes. The sound was about 2 seconds delayed. I downgraded eax.dll to 3.0.6.5(thank you!) and that was fixed. But the crashes, oh, the crashes..the horror... What can I do? I have an Amd Duron @ 800mz blush.gif , gf4 mx440, 512sdr. Could the crashes still come from the sound? I don't think i'll play SA until a patch is made(if there ever is one coming.......). oh i forgot to mention this: on my motherboard manual, at the sound section it says: SoundBlaster Pro Hardware and Direct Sound Ready AC97 Digital Audio Controller with Coded Onboard. i wanna update my driver, but i don't know what i should download. have already downloaded Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 but i won't install because it won't find something( probably because my sound is onboard?) and another ac97 driver, but after installing it, i have NO SOUND(windows sounds, winamp, etc all gone). Please someone tell me what driver i should download for my sound card. ps hlp..i wanna play sa........... confused.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

I'm up to about 120 hours of gameplay, and one thing I'm only aware of reading this topic is that the game hasn't crashed in over 100 hours now; after I got passed the early part of the game (I'm now near the last set of missions) the game has been completely stable.

I have the "hot coffee" flag ON in my save game file. No modified files; just sacensor.exe used on a save file.

doug141
  • doug141

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for posting solutions. What restored dialog on my SBLive Value was resetting sound acceleration to OFF and the Sound control panel to headphones.

swampeye
  • swampeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

Wazup wzup people!! Listen:...

there's only one solution possible I guess; try to downgrade your audio acceleration,...it worked for me, I'm sure it'll work for everyone else to. Slide it back to basic, you could try standard though, but I doubt it'll fix it!? Audio Settings - Advanced settings - Slide Acc Back to Basic - Play Game - Enjoy monocle.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (swampeye @ Aug 5 2005, 18:24)
Wazup wzup people!! Listen:...

there's only one solution possible I guess; try to downgrade your audio acceleration,...it worked for me, I'm sure it'll work for everyone else to. Slide it back to basic, you could try standard though, but I doubt it'll fix it!? Audio Settings - Advanced settings - Slide Acc Back to Basic - Play Game - Enjoy monocle.gif

That's a well-known fix for San Andreas.

swampeye
  • swampeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

Wazup wazup ‘’Maf’’ (WTF does that mean?)

I know it’s a well known fix for Sandreas dude. But appearently on this forum there wasn’t anybody mentioning it before (or at least it didn’t seem like someone pointed it out)…Everyone was talking about the directx and eax.dll BS solution so I thought; let’s help these people overcome this problem! Seems to me it’s the only sound solution out there, at least that’s what I experienced…So please next time noob-scoop one of those geeks who post helpless ‘’cry – to – mommy’’ nonsense, thanks anyway but no thanks!!! Ps. Chill the f*ck out dude… rah.gif

swampeye
  • swampeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

Wazup wazup ‘’Maf’’ (WTF does that mean?)

I know it’s a well known fix for Sandreas dude. But appearently on this forum there wasn’t anybody mentioning it before (or at least it didn’t seem like someone pointed it out)…Everyone was talking about the directx and eax.dll BS solution so I thought; let’s help these people overcome this problem! Seems to me it’s the only sound solution out there, at least that’s what I experienced…So please next time noob-scoop one of those geeks who post helpless ‘’cry – to – mommy’’ nonsense, thanks anyway but no thanks!!! Ps. Chill the f*ck out dude… rah.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users