Collected Audio Fixes [PC v1]

170 replies to this topic
Mike0
  • Mike0

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Maybe someone should check if the 1.01 patch fixes this:

Issue on all machines where certain collisions caused parts of the audio system to crash (sound effects, cutscene audio - only radio keeps going) - users know this as "Rain / Thunderstorm bug".

Audio problems in interior / exterior transitions and getting in / out of cars fixed.

Some fixes to ensure reverb is not present at certain save points.

Those three fixes are related to sound.

OniMessiah
  • OniMessiah

Something Interesting

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:10 PM Edited by OniMessiah, 20 March 2006 - 03:17 AM.

A few more versions of EAX.DLL if anybody wants to see if they fix any problems (Feel free to mirror):

2.6.0.0, 3.0.1.0, 3.0.6.2, 3.0.6.5, 3.0.6.6, 4.0.0.0, 4.0.0.1

pepsifx357
  • pepsifx357

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

I have a very Complicated sound problem. My computer has a Creative Professional E-MU 1820M sound card and I can only hear the first 2 splash screens I switched the card with a Creative Soundblaster Live and the sound was fine but I need the other card for recording and such. My idea is this: The sampling rate of my E-mu card is clocked at 44.1KHz and I've heard that most games are recorded at somewhere around 8KHz and my card cant't play at that low of a Sample rate I have the lastest drivers for it and the problem is still there, hopefully someone can help me out. Other specs: Running on Windows XP home edition without SP 2. AMD 64 3000+ Asus K8V Deluxe mother Board 1GB Ram NVidia geforce 6600GT with all the latest drivers..........

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:00 AM

It's not surprise to me really that the 1.01 patch does really nothing or not much to fix the bugs in San Andreas. Rockstar was forced to hastily put together a fix for the "hot coffee" scandal exploding around them; any bug fixes were merely afterthoughts to the real reason for releasing the patch.

Now that "hot coffee" insanity has calmed down, maybe Rockstar can give us PC owners a decent patch - perhaps with some new features added, too.

Namram
  • Namram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

i have an nForce board with AC'97 on-board audio and I was experiencing "random" reboots almost exactly 2 minutes after loading a saved game. then i reinstalled my Windows XP Pro SP2 and reboots downgraded to blue screens (very nice shade of blue by the way smile.gif ). turning sound hardware acceleration off worked bur the sound in cut scenes was not synchronized and sometimes looped. finally I solved this issue by installing the sound drivers from nVidia (www.nvidia.com>Download Drivers>Platform/nForce Drivers>nForce Audio Driver).
now everything works fine so maybe this could be useful for some of you.

alal
  • alal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:59 AM

hey thank u very much overture the ((((EMULATED drivers fix))))) did the trick and it's working good altho i do want to say i have 2 pc's when i instaled the game on my new pc it worked fine but on the old one the one that i'm plaing the game on i ran in to the problem any way this might not be anything just to let u people know ... and please if u can't find ((((theDevice Presence")))) in your regedit. please don't hert your pc just cause u can't find it IF U DELET ANYTHING INTHERE U WILL BE IN TROUBLE HAVE A GOOD DAY

kpeters
  • kpeters

Captain

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hey guys what could be the turn down of basic sound acceleration. What's the difference? Any difference in frame rate? Bad sound quality? Looks like this is the only way to fix the thunderstorm glitch on my sblaster pci 128.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (kpeters @ Sep 19 2005, 19:44)
Hey guys what could be the turn down of basic sound acceleration. What's the difference? Any difference in frame rate? Bad sound quality? Looks like this is the only way to fix the thunderstorm glitch on my sblaster pci 128.

I haven't noticed any negative effects of the 'Basic' setting, in San Andreas or any other application.

ssdivision
  • ssdivision

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (maf @ Sep 21 2005, 01:05)
QUOTE (kpeters @ Sep 19 2005, 19:44)

I haven't noticed any negative effects of the 'Basic' setting, in San Andreas or any other application.

If you have 3D sound settings such as 5.1 there is a decrease in sound quality. In addition, there are no 3D positional audio effects any more. For stereo settings there is no real difference.

WDLKD
  • WDLKD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:25 AM

OMG THANK YOU! You fixed my computer. I had the rain bug as well, and reduceing the audio quality helped tremendously.

zjemily
  • zjemily

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:50 AM

Okay, for all with ati cards + audigy 2 (value and more):

Set PCI Latency to 64 with all spu + gpu hw (ati tool can do the job) and you should be set. Was having the sync issues and the solutions mentionned weren't working. With the latency on my AIW 9600xt @ 255 vs 64 for my audigy, surely those sync issues were common for all my games. Got other problems with cod2 and the like (this is too low a latency maybe for it).

Please comment on the subject, wondering if it's the real answer but for me, it was the only one.

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

Well i got Nvidia Soundblaster live Value (found it in old pc and its better than onboard.) which of these fixes are apropiate for this card? I'm no expert on sound cards, so all the list confused me and the links dont work (1 or 2) I have teh disapearing sound glitch thing (i think) whre it'd randomly come and go - the car engine sound wuld dissapear for example, but the traffic is still audable) All this talk of emulators and whatnot is slightly confusing, so i'd apreciate some more focused help (good job on this tho)

PlatinumMOTO
  • PlatinumMOTO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

I have the ac97 problem and I went to the website from the link and downloaded the first one, but when I go to sound properties, it still says nforce audio, should I click the second one, even though iy says 32/64?

veector
  • veector

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

I looked through most of this and cant find a fix for my problem, i play the game for a while and then sounds slowly start cutting out, usually lose the car engine sounds, the menu beeps and pretty much everything else besides the radio...

any ideas?

Minyza
  • Minyza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

my car has no sound when i drive has ne1 got ne clue wot i can do? confused.gif

Tonks
  • Tonks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

I couldn't find any replies related to my problem, so I figured it was okay to post this.
I have a sound problem that occurs sometimes when I save or I look at the map. As soon as I go back to the game after saving or looking at the map, an obnoctious sound starts. It sounds like an engine of a vehicle, but it drowns out almost everything else. It usually does not last long, but it is unpredictable in it's duration and it's volume. Usually I just unplug my headphones until it's gone, but it does get rather annoying, playing without sound and all. So can anyone help me with this?
-Tonks rah.gif

MrWarMage
  • MrWarMage

Tango-cappin', Toe-tappin', Wrist-snappin' Nice Guy.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:29 PM

Reporting in on my result to the Thunderstorm/Rain bug:

Results: DXDIAG (Basic Audio Acceleration) was the fix.

Kit is:
ASUS A8N-SLi-Deluxe (AMD XP64 3800+ 2.4G - no O/C.)
Onboard Realtek AC'97 (with linked ref drivers from above - no change.)
- using simple powered pair on LINE OUT with 2CH Stereo on their stupid little app. (It really is stupid.)
ATI Radeon X1300 Pro (newest Catalyst drivers since Day One)

This is all brand new gear. I upgraded my kit and started experiencing the T-Storm Audio Bug. This wasn't happening on my K7V board with Realtek (whatever rev) sound. Very troubling, but after grinding through the EAX and driver-based fixes, the elegance of the DXDIAG resolution is maddeningly effective.

Cheers.

MrWarMage
  • MrWarMage

Tango-cappin', Toe-tappin', Wrist-snappin' Nice Guy.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

Reporting in on my result to the Thunderstorm/Rain bug:

Results: DXDIAG (Basic Audio Acceleration) was the fix.

Kit is:
O/S - XP SP2 - fully updated except for the IE 7 patch, because I use Firefox (Firefox, dammit!) wink.gif
MOBO - ASUS A8N-SLi-Deluxe (AMD XP64 3800+ 2.4G - no O/C)
SOUND - Onboard Realtek AC'97 (with linked ref drivers from above - no change.)
- using simple powered pair on LINE OUT with 2CH Stereo on their stupid little app. (It really is stupid.)
VID - ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB (newest Catalyst drivers since Day One)
RAM - 1024 MB DDR2 (2x 512MB)

This is all brand new gear. I upgraded my kit and started experiencing the T-Storm Audio Bug. This wasn't happening on my K7V board with Realtek (whatever rev) sound. Very troubling, but after grinding through the EAX and driver-based fixes, the elegance of the DXDIAG resolution is maddeningly effective.

Cheers.
~WM

GTA-Sa-Rob
  • GTA-Sa-Rob

Stubby Master

• Members

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hey... I'm having a problem but I don't know PRECISELY, which of these will fix my problem.

In SA single player, unless I move the camera RIGHT UP NEXT TO THE CAR, I cant hear the engine. Same for planes, and heli engines. I'm running windows XP (no sp2 biggrin.gif ) and have the most recent Directx and Audio drivers for my sound card (Turtle Beach Riviera 5.1)

Any help would be much appreciated. inlove.gif

Juden
  • Juden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

I am using a sound blaster audigy SE.

I am hearing clicks and pops when objects collide. Lots of high pitch pops and clicks. VERY annoying...

The problem is I don't know which fix I need to use. There's a great list of fixes but there's no explanation of what problems the fixes fix.... confused.gif

I guess I'll try getting creative's newest driver. Seems like I did that right before I installed this sound card a month or two ago.

ohgeeloak
  • ohgeeloak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

FULL INSTALL OF GTA (Music on Hard Drive) FIXED CRASH AT INTRO SCREEN

My game installed but always crashed at the main intro screen. I updated the drivers on my soundmax intergrated sound card, disabled sound hardware acceleration, and other solutions in the forum.

Then, after finding a post that said that reinstalling might fix the intro screen crash, I uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times, but I always used custom to unselect installing music to my hard drive to save space. That didn't work either.

But then I uninstalled again and chose a full install, and now the game started up without errors.

Can't say this will work for everyone though.

deoshi
  • deoshi

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

SOMEBODY PLEASE REPLY!!! I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SOUND WHEN IT STARTS TO RAIN ALL OF THE OTHER SOUNDS JUST STOP WHEN I SHOOT A GUN NO SOUND AFTER THE RAIN STOPS THE SOUND IS ALL CRAPPY HELP!!! angry.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (deoshi @ Mar 29 2007, 17:00)
SOMEBODY HAS TO MAKE A PATCH FOR THE RAINING PROBLEM WITH THE SOUNDS AND ALL!!!

There is a patch. Rockstar released a 1.01 patch which has the "rain bug" in its list of fixes.

deoshi
  • deoshi

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (maf @ Mar 30 2007, 09:23)
QUOTE (deoshi @ Mar 29 2007, 17:00)
SOMEBODY HAS TO MAKE A PATCH FOR THE RAINING PROBLEM WITH THE SOUNDS AND ALL!!!

There is a patch. Rockstar released a 1.01 patch which has the "rain bug" in its list of fixes.

nah i already have dat patch besides i got it fixed anyway rahkstar2.gif

keshavdutt
  • keshavdutt

KESHAV DUTT

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

devil.gif PLEASEEE HELP ME MAN I MY GTA SA IS WORKING FULLY FINE ,ALL THE SOUNDS ARE THERE EXCEPT FOR THE SOUND OF THE TELEPHONE{I MEAN WHEN THE BELL RINGS I CAN HEAR THE RING BUT THATS IT NOTHING ELSE WHAT IS CJ TALKING ABOUT}AND THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME MISSION LIKE CEASOR.....ETC I AM UNABLE TO HEAR THEM I HAVE UPDATED MY SOUND DRIVERS PLEASEEEE HELP MEEEEEEEEE sigh.gif music.gif sleepy.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

I have Realtek AC'97 Audio. Would it be better for me to just only downgrade EAX.dll? Anyway, I realized that when the sound cuts off randomly, all you have to do is to make your way to a save diskette.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:33 AM

Don't forget to try dropping your DirectX 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' to 'Basic acceleration' before replacing files, etc.

That's been the standard first-try fix for sound issues in SA for a couple of years smile.gif

supralov3r
  • supralov3r

meh wutever

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:55 AM Edited by supralov3r, 19 July 2007 - 03:37 AM.

NVM I did it! Thank God for Google! biggrin.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 21 September 2007 - 02:57 AM.

Update: The Realtek AC'97 Audio Vista drivers doesn't have sound issues when it rains. So basically, upgrading to Windows Vista fixes any sound problem you may have. But it would be better to buy a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi along with some Logitech surround sound speakers if you have XP. Also, remember that the "rain bug" can be fixed by simply saving game or lowering down the hardware acceleration to Basic (there's none of this in Vista, though). smile.gif

But note that downgrading EAX and changing your speaker setup layout configurations will not work! It's better the leave it as "Stereo". The only thing that works (at least for me in Windows XP) is using "Basic" acceleration.

*Patch v1.01* amazingly doesn't fixes the "rain bug" that they said they fixed!

OG "D" Gangsta
  • OG "D" Gangsta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

How about a sound fix for Vista?
I have :

Logitech Headset
Audigy LS Series (based on PC Wizard 2008)

Problems :
I can't hear the radio...
I can't hear any of CJ or peds or his homies talking when doing something except pain sounds and at some cutscenes, CJ talking one sentence and another sentence can't be heard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users