• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

thought i made it clear i already realized that in my second post

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Update: amended the reg-edit method to include another issue.

Gary King
  • Gary King

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:03 AM

Stupid audio problems sad.gif

Anyways, hopefully Rockstar releases a patch for it soon, since this is the hugest, and probably the only (major) bug relating to San Andreas. Usually, reloading a saved game fixes it, though, which is my current (temporary) solution.

Ekki17
  • Ekki17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

i have the sound crackling problem but i have a solution for me but it suxx.
i have the sound crackling only at SA and battlefield 1942 blink.gif

i tried everything from here.downgrade dx and the eax.dll....nothing works.
then i was so angry that i tryed a crazy thing.
i set my cpu speed DOWN!

my system runs with an AMD XP 2000+ on a K7S5A Elitegroup mainboard. in the bios, i can set the frequenzy rate for cpu and ram down. i left the ram frequenzy at 133mhz but the cpu speed down to 100.

and what a wonder: no sound crackling.NO...not a few times or so.

but that method still sucks because i dont have the full cpu speed and many programs and games are not running fast as they could.

i hope that will help somebody.

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:47 AM

That's certainly an unusual and extreme fix for sound problems.

Mmm_Beefy
  • Mmm_Beefy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

tried everything in this thread, downgraded DX9c to 9b, eax.dll, win98 compat mode (this helped a bit, converstations didnt cut out, but engine sounds, and atmosphere did, when it rained)
finally, lowering sound slider to basic in dxdiag fixed my problems.
i get a split second pause now when i'm driving, and look left/right or behind.. but not always.
at least all my sounds play now, and i can enjoy the game.

glad this thread was around to help.

oh, my soundcard is a Hercules Gametheater XP 5.1 (first version of it).. and no.. i refuse to get rid of it:)

cheers.

Wolfmight
  • Wolfmight

Heli-blade Massacre

• Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

I can't even enjoy the PC version of the game without sound issues!
Basicly, after 20 minutes...some bull**** issue occurs causing the dialog, music, sound effect, or ambient stream to mute! Yes, I've had all possible layers of sound mute on me and I suggest Rockstar patch this mother.
It's a major issue!

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:28 AM

Well i just as all of u tried every fix and absolutely nothing worked until I tried downgrading sound acceleration to basic.This worked PERFECTLY!!.thanks whoever u are that first suggested this.THe best part is that my sound doesnt sound any different or lose quality!!No more conversation skips for me!!!

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (scabo19 @ Jul 24 2005, 06:28)
Well i just as all of u tried every fix and absolutely nothing worked until I tried downgrading sound acceleration to basic.This worked PERFECTLY!!.thanks whoever u are that first suggested this.THe best part is that my sound doesnt sound any different or lose quality!!No more conversation skips for me!!!

It seems to be the most successful fix for sound-related issues - mine included.

BIOHAZARD76
  • BIOHAZARD76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

that's it! finally i┤ve fixed da damn sh*t!! i guess... (it worked for me...i have a asus a7s333 with c-media 8783 onboard sound - or something like this...)

after try all da fixes above without any success i did some desparate - and apparently uneffective - attempt...

i couldn't remove DX9.0c with dxerradicator (sp2 sux!), even dx happy uninstall 3.5 cause every function needs da registration...

so, i installed directx 8.1 over directx 9.0c (without remove it)!! and guess what?!!?

it worked!! don't ask me how...

anyways, thx Overture, your topic helped me a lot! colgate.gif

sorry bout da crappy english... tounge2.gif

Portugues - BR

resumindo... eu tentei d tudo oq tinha nesse topico e nada funcionou, naum conseguia remover o directx 9.0c por causa do sp2 ou pq naum consegui o serial pro dx happy uninstall 3.5, entaum eu instalei o directx 8.1 "por cima" do 9.0c....

eu sei q isso naum deveria funcionar e fazer diferenša alguma, mas funcionou!! naum me perguntem como....

era isso, boa sorte...

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

I'm gonna post that last one Biohazard, since it worked for you :-)

Glad people had some use from it! Cheers to all submissions and fixes.

Dave

legodude
  • legodude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

Where did you download the installer for directx 8.1?

Mikester
  • Mikester

Only True Rock Survives Over The Years

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:38 PM Edited by Mikester, 02 August 2005 - 02:26 PM.

Hey guys. I've been getting crashes with SA for some time now. I noticed that these OFTEN crashes have started to appear since i installed the Hot C mod(but first backed up the two files that this mod needs). But i'm not sure that this is the cause for my crashes, i'm still considering all the options. The wierd part was that i copied back the main.scm and script.img and the crashes stiil occur. I CANNOT play 10 min without getting a crash. I don't have the sound problems, like most of you guys. The only sound prob i had was the synch in cut scenes. The sound was about 2 seconds delayed. I downgraded eax.dll to 3.0.6.5(thank you!) and that was fixed. But the crashes, oh, the crashes..the horror... What can I do? I have an Amd Duron @ 800mz blush.gif , gf4 mx440, 512sdr. Could the crashes still come from the sound? I don't think i'll play SA until a patch is made(if there ever is one coming.......). oh i forgot to mention this: on my motherboard manual, at the sound section it says: SoundBlaster Pro Hardware and Direct Sound Ready AC97 Digital Audio Controller with Coded Onboard. i wanna update my driver, but i don't know what i should download. have already downloaded Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 but i won't install because it won't find something( probably because my sound is onboard?) and another ac97 driver, but after installing it, i have NO SOUND(windows sounds, winamp, etc all gone). Please someone tell me what driver i should download for my sound card. ps hlp..i wanna play sa........... confused.gif

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:04 PM

I'm up to about 120 hours of gameplay, and one thing I'm only aware of reading this topic is that the game hasn't crashed in over 100 hours now; after I got passed the early part of the game (I'm now near the last set of missions) the game has been completely stable.

I have the "hot coffee" flag ON in my save game file. No modified files; just sacensor.exe used on a save file.

doug141
  • doug141

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for posting solutions. What restored dialog on my SBLive Value was resetting sound acceleration to OFF and the Sound control panel to headphones.

swampeye
  • swampeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

Wazup wzup people!! Listen:...

there's only one solution possible I guess; try to downgrade your audio acceleration,...it worked for me, I'm sure it'll work for everyone else to. Slide it back to basic, you could try standard though, but I doubt it'll fix it!? Audio Settings - Advanced settings - Slide Acc Back to Basic - Play Game - Enjoy monocle.gif

natrlhy
  • natrlhy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:29 PM Edited by natrlhy, 09 August 2005 - 01:14 AM.

QUOTE (scabo19 @ Jul 24 2005, 06:28)

I also tried this method and wanted to thank whomever for this suggestion as this worked for me as well. I'll try standard when i have a chance but sliding it down to basic worked very well on the first try.

Many thanks!

UPDATE: I changed the slider in dxdiag to Standard and the audio issue when it started to rain came back. Moving it back to Basic does do the trick. Simple fix for now which will hopefully be addressed.

Maginot
  • Maginot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:54 AM

I tried every single fix to no avail, until I came upon the basic sound acceleration fix. I was, as usual, not expecting anything when I turned on GTA. But the --- what this? Some sort of strange clicking -- like a bike! Pretty soon I was talking about 'Grove Street - Home.'

This fix worked perfectly. I had a lot of trouble enjoying the game without that ingame sound. You just can't get the same feel.

As to Rockstar -- fo' shame. How could such a huge problem slip by the beta testers?

Matt Baker
  • Matt Baker

SterileMonk

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:16 PM Edited by Matt Baker, 09 August 2005 - 11:12 PM.

Well did the 1.01 patch fix the "Sound Collision Bug" Like it said it would?

EDIT: Patch fixed it for me, save for when it thunders the weapons sound messed however it may be a design feature...

anyway yay R* rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

rah.gif

humanfly
  • humanfly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:39 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the fix list, I tried the eax.dll fix and it worked for me, played for six hours straight without a crash. smile.gif This game is so incomnpatible with various systems on so many levels, its mind boggling. Anyway, thanks.

ElGringo
  • ElGringo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

I must say I am very disappointed with the 'game-play' quality and the continous crashes caused by this game. I certainly expect a bit more quality when paying 60 euros for a game, especially when my PC outperforms the game's Mininal Recquirements'.

When playing the game using my Soundblaster Live! Value card, it crashes all the time. After reading this forum, I've disabled the SB Live card, upgraded the AC97 drivers and now use that onboard soundcard. Sofar, I've only experienced one crash (when exiting a betting-office in downtown).

Mind you, I did have to alter the graphics-configuration of my NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti 4200 considerably. This is what I have now:

Antialiasing settings: 4X
Anisotropic filtering: 2X
Image Settings: Quality

Even with these much lower setting, gameplay is affected drastically when it rains and when there's loads of action (police-cars chasing you).

For the money I've paid for this game and given the time Rockstar took before the released the PC version, one would expect them to release a patch much sooner.
Couldn't Rockstar have foreseen all these audio-related problems before they released the game?

ElGringo
A (very) pissed off GTA:SA user!

JMAN069
  • JMAN069

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:46 AM

This is a fix for the emu10k1.sys driver in dxdiag (at least for soundblaster live cards), while installing the updated drivers from creative website the LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG) file, it asks you if you have digital output and tells you that you can change this in audio hq under speakers at any time. I never thought that would have a signifcant effect but I had no sound after updating. Only got sound with the emu10k1.sys driver listed in dxdiag which caused sound bugs such as muffeled sounds, missing sounds. Once you update the drivers and get the ctaud2k.sys to show in dxdiag and you get no sound change the settings in audio hq, make sure you installed it with the before mentioned package from creative downloads.

Matt Baker
  • Matt Baker

SterileMonk

• Members

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

On the topic of EAX there is a newer version of it out (4.0.1.0) that came with the Fear SP Demo if anyone would want to try it...

Heiks
  • Heiks

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:28 AM

Well if someone bothered to download the 650MB demo, could You please host the EAX file somewhere and give us a link? I'm not desperate enough to download all that becouse of one file on a crappy connection.

Yosho the Grand
  • Yosho the Grand

Wise Old Man

• Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

Anyone still getting the rain glitch even after getting the patch? I have no other audio problems, but even after the patch, the rain glitch is still rampant- though sound now does occasionally spring to life, only to silence again.
Help is appreciated!

ssdivision
  • ssdivision

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Yosho the Grand @ Aug 18 2005, 23:15)
Anyone still getting the rain glitch even after getting the patch? I have no other audio problems, but even after the patch, the rain glitch is still rampant- though sound now does occasionally spring to life, only to silence again.
Help is appreciated!

I have got the same problem with the patch. The thunderstorm/rain bug is not fixed at all by the patch (no matter if with SoundBlaster Live! or onboard sound). Only swithing dxdiag sound setting to basic works. I already send an email to the support of Rockstar. Please, do so, too!

The patch only disables Hot Coffee, what a f***!

Matt Baker
  • Matt Baker

SterileMonk

• Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Heiks @ Aug 17 2005, 08:28)
Well if someone bothered to download the 650MB demo, could You please host the EAX file somewhere and give us a link? I'm not desperate enough to download all that becouse of one file on a crappy connection.

I won't host the EAX.dll seeing as it fixes nothing... no change so don't get your hopes up... dammit i just wish that R* would fix this and fix it soon... mad.gif ahh well

Holyjuice
  • Holyjuice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:40 AM

mad.gif [FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] mad.gif

Hi all,

this is the first time at the forum, so please be gentle with this newbie...
I am having the craziest problem with the audio in the game GTA San Andreas:

The issue I am having is with the horn blarring in any vehcile that I jump in or on to. I reset the controls to maybe see if the truning on and off would help, but it doesn't.... I still have the same problem. The only way of truning the *&^% horn off is to turn down or off the SFx. But that would kill the whole experience! I have the unrated verison of the game.

I called rahkstar2.gif , and they have never hear of this problem! They told me to try to uninstall the game and update the sound drivers, and then reinstall the game. I think that is the fix for any probelm then...wouldn't be a fix would it, if you have to reinstall everytime you have a problem....! HELP PLEASE I HAVE GONE SO FAR IN THE GAME I DO NOT WANT TO REINSTALL AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN! sad.gif suicidal.gif

My Specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel pen 4
Mother board: Asus I think the lastest one!
Video Card: Radeon ati 9800 pro 128Mb
Ram: 512Mb Ram
Directx 9.0
Soundblaster Version ???

Heiks
  • Heiks

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Holyjuice @ Aug 23 2005, 02:38)
HELP PLEASE I HAVE GONE SO FAR IN THE GAME I DO NOT WANT TO REINSTALL AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN! confused.gif

Well I can't help you with your problem, but I just wanted to let you know that the savegames will not be deleted by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Shoarma kip
  • Shoarma kip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

i tryed the eax.dll an older version (the one from the first post) and a newer version (the one that came with the fear demo) but it didn't fix my problems tho sad.gif the crazy thing is i never had problems with my sound then i installed the patch but it messed up most of my mods so i did a reinstall and the sound showed up confused.gif

i kinda tryed anything in the first post but it didn't fix the prob sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users