• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
Jh00
  • Jh00

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

Hi there!

Some people were complaining (including me) of problems regarding sound in GTA S.A. Basically, after some time, you can only hear the music (no voices or other sound effects) and the subtitles are displayed so quickly that you can't even read them.

I think I discovered a very simple fix:

Just run dxdiag (START > RUN... > dxdiag and hit enter) and go the the sound tab. Then, change the slider to "basic acceleration" and you're ready to go! (I can't guarantee that these terms are accurate because I don't use an English vesion of Windows).

I'm sure it is something related to EAX, because I have experienced similar behaviour in other games. Since I couldn't find a switch to turn off EAX in GTA SA, this is the only thing I could do to make it work.

Hope it helps someone.

Peace.

Jh00

jdawg224
  • jdawg224

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:29 PM

I found that when you move the slider all the way down, you will get audio-sync issues. Basic, Standard, and Full Acceleration should be fine.

murdo
  • murdo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

Although I am sure this will help most people, dont forget, DRIVERS DRIVERS DRIVERS!!

A friend of mine has a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX, and *thought* he had the latest drivers. His problem was that he had sound for everything, EXCEPT the car he was driving. He could hear other cars, just not his own.

After updating the drivers to the latest available (which arn't very new... 2003 sometime!) everything was sweet once again...

http://files.europe....4DRV_031031.exe

Fuse_Head
  • Fuse_Head

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

I would update drivers if newer were available.. biggrin.gif My card is old Sound Blaster PCI128 and there are no new drivers available so it won't work.. I think I'll just buy new card at monday. Maybe it will help and game won't crash anymore. tounge.gif

Fuse_Head
  • Fuse_Head

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:40 PM

Sorry.. Double post.

Overture
  • Overture

Knight of the damned

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:09 AM

This worked for me, was to do with the way windows and directsound deal with driver updates...

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=194972

maf
  • maf

SA Junkie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

Worked for me, thanks biggrin.gif

NPNG
  • NPNG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:27 PM

thanks alot m8
worked fine for me!!!

love u big time inlove.gif smile.gif

oblong
  • oblong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:23 PM

this worked for me for a bit but now all of a sudden I have issues again and with the accel set on zero the game won't load coz it says no sound card is detected, i've also instituted all the other audi fixes except the dx downgrade, anyone know a way round this?

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:32 AM

Holy bumping, Batman! tounge.gif

I thought that necroposting was not allowed...

uk_john
  • uk_john

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

I have solved the sound cutting out and stuff when it rains, but what about the electronic beep noises when it rains? Any help there?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (uk_john @ Apr 3 2009, 01:35)
I have solved the sound cutting out and stuff when it rains, but what about the electronic beep noises when it rains? Any help there?

Was there really a need to bump a 3 year old topic? I think not.

Any sound issues people had during rains were fixed in the v1.01 patch. If you still have issues, consult the pinned audio fixes topic and preferably, post in there itself.

user posted image
  • gajrajgchouhan likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users