Quantcast

» «
Photo

Getting Steering wheel to work with SA ..

4 replies to this topic
Aeros
  • Aeros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:20 PM Edited by Aeros, 11 June 2005 - 03:34 PM.

Ok, SA already supports the steering wheel. However, it doesnt support the pedals entirely. You can use it to go up and down menus but ingame you cant use them to accelerate because it doesnt recognise them when you change the controls. Instead, it makes the camera go up and down in the car view. But on foot, it works as forwards and backwards. Ive changed the controls in the options and its not possible to make them work as accelerate and brake that way.

So Im gonna need to edit some files but I dont have a clue what im doing. Theres was a mod that was made for VC that sorted this out but I cant find that to see what has been changed (if anyone knows where to get it, it'd be really helpful if you could tell me). Has anyone got any ideas on what files are involved and ideas on what might need to be changed? If someone is making this mod, then Ill leave you to it .. but proper steering really enhances the game. Any ideas on who made it before? Any help will be much appreciated.

Edit : Just found out who made it originally .. the nice people down at ToCA Edit. According to one of the threads, its likely hes gonna make it again but its gonna require a who rewrite sad.gif Thread

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:32 PM Edited by Stretchnutter, 11 June 2005 - 03:34 PM.

I made that utility for VC.

I have thought about making one for SA.... but its a lot of documenting and noone wants to help.

I dont see a release in the 'near' future. give it a few weeks i might have something for ya.

Seems like rahkstar2.gif likes to keep me busy yawn.gif

Aeros
  • Aeros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Stretchnutter @ Jun 11 2005, 15:32)
I made that utility for VC.

I have thought about making one for SA.... but its a lot of documenting and noone wants to help.

I dont see a release in the 'near' future. give it a few weeks i might have something for ya.

Seems like rahkstar2.gif likes to keep me busy yawn.gif

Yeah, I just found that out and added an edit to my post. I use a Driving Force Pro but I got that after I finished playing VC so I havent actually used your Force Feedback mod. If I was any good at this sorta stuff then Id help but Im quite useless and have much to learn. I really do hope you make another one but I understand that it takes alot of doing. Maybe some experienced people on these forums might give you a hand. But thanks for making something that gave me a huge lotta fun on VC smile.gif

End Boss
  • End Boss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:54 PM

I have the solution to your problem http://www.wingmanteam.com/ .. they have a logitech configuration program that allows you to create various profiles for different games allowing you to change an axis to key bindings or configure other buttons... i think it kind of eliminates the analog component of the pedals.. but hey.. it's better than nothing

alexandrehamelin
  • alexandrehamelin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

Effectively, if you have a Logitech, it works. I had this version of the program, but didn't tought about this solution. Thanx for the tip! Here's a step by step for the newbies. English version will follow.
-----
Que faire quand les pédales ne fonctionnent pas dans San Andreas?
Si vous avez un volant Logitech, c'est bien facile, au prix d'un sacrifice acceptable: le composant analogique de l'expérience.
-Il suffit de télécharger à l'adresse ci-dessus le gestionnaire de périphérique gratuit et de l'installer.
-Créez un nouveau profil pour GTA San Andreas.
-Sélectionnez la pédale d'accélération et choisissez Ajouter un raccourci ou qqchose dans le genre. SURTOUT NE PAS CHOISIR "COMMANDE", ça implique une suite de touches, leur pesée et leur relachement...
-Ensuite créez un nouveau Raccourci pour la touche d'accélération de votre véhicule que vous utiliser avec votre clavier ( probablement W ou A ou encore Flèche Haut ).
-Attribuez ce raccourci à votre pédale d'accélération et le tour est joué!
- Faites de même pour la pédale de frein, avec un autre raccourci vers la touche reculons.

Vous devez probablement ouvrir San Andreas par le biais du logiciel de Logitech pour que ça fonctionne, je l'ignore encore.

Si vous avez des questions, postez-les ici!
------
First: excuse my poor english, I'm doing the best I can, but I mainly speak french.
Here it goes:
What to do when pedals don't work properly in GTA San Andreas PC.
If you're lucky enough to have a Logitech steering wheel, you can download their last configuration program.
Unfortunately this solution doesn't give you the benefits of analogic acceleration, but still, it's better than nothing.
- Create a new profile for GTA San Andreas
-Select you Acceleration pedal on the screen and choose the option Add or Select a shortcut or something like that. DO NOT CHOOSE THE "COMMAND" OPTION, it implies pressing and releasing of buttons and can cause a lot of problem.
-Now create a new Shortcut for your acceleration key in vehicles that you use with your keyboard ( probably W or A or UP )
- Select this new shortcut and give it to your acceleration pedal. here you go, it's going to work.
- Do the same for your decceleration or brake pedal with a new shortcut for your decceleration or brake key.

Note that you probably have to start San Andreas with the Logitech software for this trick to work, I dunno yet.

If you have any wuestions, post'em here!

Once more, I apologize for my miserable and retarded english, I'm doing the best I can.

------

Thanx to End Boss for showing me the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users