Photo

Puncuaation & Spelling

11 replies to this topic
owningj00
  • owningj00

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:03 PM

I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and ect shows that basicly you to lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar.

user posted image

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

Its a nice idea, but this is a game forum, not a learn English school, I would imagine that people have enough problems with this in the 'real world'

I understand alot of people on the forums would love everyone to type in good English, but I cant see it happening and everyone seems to get by just the same. Gangs dont often let people who are bad spellers and bad use of grammer in their gangs anyway, so many people learn.
I think this subject has been brought up many times before, The last one was a spellcheck when you make a post.

This is the bit I didnt want to do, but I must before someone else does...The correct spelling is punctuation, Not 'puncuaation.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

you do realize that your post contradicts itself, with its incredibly bad spelling and grammar?

i'd like to believe this is a fake account made by an existing member, but part of me believes this is actually a real person. yet again, my fate in humanity shrinks.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

This is a worse idea than the thousands of times that the spell checker has been suggested.

But, just to go along with it, what would be the penalty for having bad spelling and grammar? Verbal Warnings, Suspensions, Temporary bans and eventually and ban?

I hate the way people spell too, but forcing everybody to learn english is a bad way to go around it.

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

you do realize that your post contradicts itself, with its incredibly bad spelling and grammar?

Thats what I was thinking, his spelling isn't exactly great either. rolleyes.gif

owningj00
  • owningj00

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Nobody is perfect with grammar. If you noticed the flag I moved from afghanastan.

Crice
  • Crice

Dr. Strangelove

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (owningj00 @ Jun 11 2005, 14:03)
I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and ect shows that basicly you to lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar.

user posted image

Mate, ever heard of not throwing rocks in glass houses? Obviously not, as you're currently tossing boulders.

"ect" = "etc."
"basicly" = "basically"
"to" = "too" (In this case...)
"I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and ect shows that basicly you to lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar." = "I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and etc. shows that basically you are too lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar. I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar."

Jeez Louise, use a few full stops and then build yourself a bunker, because yes, the Spelling Nazis are watching.

Hehe, the noob comes in and corrects the oldie. Shame on me. suicidal.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (owningj00 @ Jun 11 2005, 20:58)
Nobody is perfect with grammar. If you noticed the flag I moved from afghanastan.

i suck at coding. actually, i don't know anything about it. therefore, i do not criticise coders. you should heed this advice. you suck at english, therefore you should not criticise others so harshly about it.

you should at the very least know how to spell the name of your own damn country.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (owningj00 @ Jun 11 2005, 21:58)
Nobody is perfect with grammar.

If your grammar sucks, then why do you want proper grammar to be enforced?

And you're right, nobody or at least very few people have perfect grammar abilities, but there are handfuls of people who are very close to having perfect grammar, and you are not one of them.

Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:26 AM Edited by Cerbera'sMum, 12 June 2005 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (owningj00 @ Jun 11 2005, 15:03)

Surely this is a joke...and a bad one at that!

I think that since using bad spelling and no punctuation etc. shows that basically you are too lazy to type a few things, I think that, because 75% of these forums have bad spelling and grammar, the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no punctuation when you post, then it shows you to have a life that's too busy to bother!

I appreciate that you're from another country and maybe English isn't your first language but people here don't bother with spelling correctly and use grammar to suit themselves: it's down to the reader to fathom what exactly they're trying to say!

I would suggest that you practise what you preach, before preaching at others!

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:51 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 12 June 2005 - 11:54 AM.

QUOTE (Crice @ Jun 11 2005, 14:02)
QUOTE (owningj00 @ Jun 11 2005, 14:03)

user posted image

Mate, ever heard of not throwing rocks in glass houses? Obviously not, as you're currently tossing boulders.

"ect" = "etc."
"basicly" = "basically"
"to" = "too" (In this case...)
"I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and ect shows that basicly you to lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar." = "I think that since using bad spelling, and no puncuation, and etc. shows that basically you are too lazy to type a few things, and I think that because 75% of these fourms have bad spelling and grammar. I think that the grammar should be enforced most of the time because if you use no puncuation it's a messy or somewhat messy post, and it would show that people can actually use grammar."

Jeez Louise, use a few full stops and then build yourself a bunker, because yes, the Spelling Nazis are watching.

Hehe, the noob comes in and corrects the oldie. Shame on me. suicidal.gif

Hey, don't forget the "you" in the phrase, "basicly you to lazy." It should be "you're," or "you are," in this case... It would be getting too strict to enforce a stupid act, when you need it too, lol...

Oh and he spelled Forums wrong, too...

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

Some people already try their hardest to make sure their grammer and spellings are correct, as they are not from an english speaking country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users