» «
Photo

My San Andreas Mods

33 replies to this topic
Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:41 AM Edited by Blue Zircon, 23 June 2005 - 10:36 PM.

Hi,

You might know me. I've decided to take a whirl at making a few mods under San Andreas to kill some time. I know a fair bit about modding GTA games already...

I have managed to complete a few of my planned mods today. Most are very simple in functionality, but I suppose we can't do much at this point, anyway.

Blue Skies
Countryside weather settings are used throughout San Andreas, eliminating the horrible orange/red color seen in Los Santos and the desert region.

user posted image

Double Wield All Weapons
Allows you to double wield additional weapons, including Silenced Pistols, Desert Eagles, Combat Shotguns, SMGs, AK-47s, M4s, and Miniguns (in addition to Pistols, Sawn-Off Shotguns, and Machine Pistols). Hitman stats are applied to every weapon.

user posted image

Enhanced Tire Traction
All surfaces are treated as roads, meaning your car will not skid and slide on grass or when it's raining.

user posted image

Gang War Mod
Only gangs spawn in all areas of San Andreas; they are automatically assigned to hate each other, so they'll shoot on sight. Cops will spawn occassionally as well.

user posted image

Hitman Level For All Weapons
Allows you to have Hitman level for all weapons without actually having the required 1000 skill level points.

user posted image

Download Them Here

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

Cool lookin mods smile.gif

Perhaps you could make some extra car/plane locations around tha state.

For example, An Andromada somewhere.

thedude420
  • thedude420

ghetto star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:33 AM Edited by thedude420, 11 June 2005 - 06:08 AM.

[b]
Double Wield All Weapons
Allows you to double wield additional weapons, including Silenced Pistols, Desert Eagles, Combat Shotguns, SMGs, M4s, and AK-47s (in addition to Pistols, Sawn-Off Shotguns, Machine Pistols, and Tec9s). Hitman stats are applied to every weapon.

hey is the mini gun able to have duel wield capabilities too? i would really like to know this my self if it is possible for me and my teams mod.

thanks of any imput.[b]

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:52 AM Edited by Blue Zircon, 11 June 2005 - 06:52 AM.

Yes, of course... not entirely realistic though, which is why I didn't include it in my mod.

If anybody asks for it, I might.

All that you have to do is add the "TWIN_PISTOL" flag and the "colt45" or "sawnoffpro" firing animation to the "MINIGUN" line.

thedude420
  • thedude420

ghetto star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:09 AM Edited by thedude420, 11 June 2005 - 06:11 AM.

i tryed it out but i dont like the fact you replaced all the weapons animation with the uzi/tech9 animation. it looks odd haveing him cross the guns together and seeing them clip though one another like they do. i would suggest maybe useing the colt animation at least he dosnt cross the guns together with it.

what exact line or lines do i have to replace to change the animation, may i ask? i wanna try out the colt animation on the SMGs, Desert Eagles, and the Silenced Pistols. i really think they are the only other ones that should get the duel wielding in my opinion. like you stated in your read me that the animation looks like crap with all the rest as they are when he hold them still or walks with them.

edit: by the way thanks for the heads up on the mini gun duel wielding capabilities. smile.gif

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:45 AM Edited by Blue Zircon, 23 June 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Well, unfortunately, there's not much that I can do about the awkardness of the animations other than edit them.

Changing the firing animation in weapon.dat wouldn't really solve anything. Unless someone that knows how to edit the animations can come forward and offer to do so, then it looks like we'll be stuck with it.

I've uploaded a new copy with two weapon.dat files:

One, enabling dual weapons with Pistols, Silenced Pistols, Desert Eagles, Sawn-Off Shotguns, Combat Shotguns, Machine Pistols, SMGs, AK-47s, M4s and Miniguns.

The other, enabling dual weapons only with Pistols, Silenced Pistols, Desert Eagles, Sawn-Off Shotguns, Machine Pistols, and SMGs. I'm well aware that he crosses certain guns while shooting, but again, there's nothing I can really do about it. The way he holds these in particular does look much better, though.

But hey, if you look closely, he also crosses Sawn-Off shotguns while shooting... a weapon intended to be double wielded.

If anyone can offer to edit the animations, or even better yet, tell me specifically how to do so, then please contact me and I will give you full credit. =)

marciano muller
  • marciano muller

gta lover

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

CAN YOU MAKE Double Wield All Weapons THAT MOD FOR VICE CITY TO

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

No, the dual weapons feature is only in San Andreas.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

Woot, akimbo M4's sound like fun. Nice one. smile.gif

xRaBBIT_ON
  • xRaBBIT_ON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

Pwnage with the M4`s inlove.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

yeah, that double M4 screen sure is one of the coolest screens of seen sofar:)
cookie.gif cookie.gif

Buzzsaw
  • Buzzsaw

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

nice mods. smile.gif
is "Blue Skies" constant? as in, 24/7.

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Well, there is and daytime and nighttime.

Countryside weather settings are used throughout San Andreas, as stated. These settings do happen to be much more pleasant than others, so yes, the skies are mostly blue throughout the day.

Just try it out for yourself.

Thanks for your compliments so far, guys. wink.gif

Buzzsaw
  • Buzzsaw

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

is the traction mod supposed to work on dirt surfaces, and with motorcycles? i tried it out in the desert with an NRG and it seemed like it wasn't working. confused.gif

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:04 AM

Working fine here.

Test your motorcycle out on the road and see if it handles any differently.

mageezer
  • mageezer

Harold "Strap" Coopmore

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:07 AM

Does that blue skies mod remove the shimmering heat effects and the dull atmosphere of San Fierro?

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:21 AM

Please, just try it out yourself. I haven't tested it that extensively, so I can't answer all of your questions...

Whatever you see in the countryside is what you'll see in the rest of San Andreas.

supermati
  • supermati

Non Playable Character

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

Wooh Blue skies, i love that one
I wish i could mod the ps2 version... well it is possible, but its a lot harder cuz there are not tools

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:31 PM

I know, old topic, but I didn't want to post a new one just for this.

I've updated my "Double Wield All Weapons" mod to fix several silly errors, and dual Miniguns also now work properly. Thanks to [DMA]Blunted for his help in tidying this up.

If anyone who hosts this mod is viewing this topic, please update your file and its description.

Download

Also, another small modification that I finished last night:

Empty Streets
Prevents all cars and peds from spawning anywhere in San Andreas (with the exception of emergency services, such as the Firetrucks, Ambulances, and Police in general).

That bit can't be helped without editing main.scm, I think.

What this does is basically set the frequency of all cars to "0" and all ped groups to "null." Pretty simple, but should prove quite useful in some situations.

user posted image

Download

tsc
  • tsc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:23 AM Edited by tsc, 25 June 2005 - 09:38 AM.

I like this one a lot. I always thought there were just way too many peds in this game. I also think there's too many cops on the streets. It seems like there's 4 cops on every block. You can't even fire a few shots in the air without getting a star.

That being said, I don't want to totally eliminate peds. Your mod opened my eyes to the pedgrp.dat file. Comparing your mod to the original I think I can make it so there are less peds but not completely empty sidewalks. For example, I like to kill the drug dealers for the money they drop. I think that by replacing "null, null, null, null" in front of #Dealers in the pedgrp.dat file with "BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG, BIKDRUG" the drug dealers will still spawn in Los Santos. I might do this with a few other pedestrian groups until I feel the foot traffic in the game is reasonable.

I have a question for you. Do you know if it's possible to make the "Dealer" ped spawn in San Fierro and Las Venturas? Right now they are only spawning in Los Santos territories.

Actually I do notice that some of the ped groups have 3 lines dedicated to each one of the cities. I wonder if adding 2 more lines of "BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG, BIKDRUG # Dealers" undereath the original line would work. I'll try that and report back.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Ok here's what I've found out by messing around with pedgrp.dat: Substituting BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG, BIKDRUG in front of #Dealers instead of null, null, null, null didn't work. The only peds spawning were Grove Street gang members (I've taken over all territories.) However, substituting the codes from the original for criminals worked. I then substituted the codes for dealers in place of criminals. That worked and there are now many more dealers roaming the streets. The line looks like this "BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CRIMINALS" Note that I left out the BIKDRUG code for dealers when I made the substitution.

I was also able to make the dealers spawn in San Fierro and Las Venturas by substituting the dealer codes for the other two lines for criminals. The finished product looks like this:

BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CRIMINALS
BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CRIMINALS (SF)
BMYDRUG, WMYDRUG, HMYDRUG # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CRIMINALS (VEGAS)

I'll be looking into ways to make fewer dealer spawn though. There's just way too many of them like this.

tsc
  • tsc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

Follow-up on the pedgrp.dat file

There's 3 classes of ped: poor, average, and rich.

For each class there's male and female, old and young, and 4 races: white, black, hispanic, and oriental

BFORI, BFYRI, BMORI, BMYRI, HFORI, HFYRI, HMORI, HMYRI, OFORI, OMYRI, OMORI, OFYRI, WFYRI, WMYRI, WMORI, WFORI, WMYBU, WFYBU # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CASUAL_RICH
SBFORI, SBFYRI, SBMORI, SBMYRI, HFORI, HFYRI, HMORI, HMYRI, SOFORI, SOMYRI, SOMORI, SOFYRI, SWFYRI, SWMYRI, SWMORI, SWFORI, WMYBU, WFYBU # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CASUAL_RICH (SF)
BFORI, BFYRI, BMORI, BMYRI, HFORI, HFYRI, HMORI, HMYRI, OFORI, OMYRI, OMORI, OFYRI, WFYRI, WMYRI, WMORI, WFORI, WMYBU, WFYBU, WMYVA # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CASUAL_RICH (VEGAS)

The above are the rich peds. BMYRI is the "Will Smith" ped. He is a (B)lack (M)ale (Y)oung RI. I'm not sure what RI is yet.

There are areas on the map where only black people spawn. Right outside the Johnson house is one example. I'm pretty sure are the peds in this area are also poor. The other 3 races will not spawn here. For example, if I changed the code for a poor person like BFYST and made him a rich person like BMYRI they will spawn outside the Johnson house but only because the BMYRI is black. If I substituted WFYRI which is a (W)hite (F)emale (Y)oung they would not spawn outside the Johnson house, but they would spawn in the parts of the city that are designated "Poor White Person Territory"

Some areas of the map are diverse. They spawn rich and poor alike. They also spawn all 4 races. Outside the Johnson house is not one of those areas, it is a "Poor Black Person Territory"

My initial goal was to cut down the amount of peds that are wondering the streets. To do this I'll need to leave some of the codes null for poor, average, rich and enter fewer codes for the peds. For example, instead of having 18 possible codes for the rich peds in Los Santos, I'll cut the number down to 8. So the lne of code would like this:

BFYRI, BMYRI, WMYRI, WFYRI, HFYRI, HMYRI, OMYRI, OFYRI, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null # POPCYCLE_GROUP_CASUAL_RICH

My next goal is to cut down the amount of traffic. Blue Zircon used the vehicles.ide file and changed all the frequency values to 0 to totally eliminate traffic. I'm thinking changing all the values that are 10 to 5 will make cruising around the city more enjoyable.

displayerror
  • displayerror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

I think RI might mean rich? wink.gif

tsc
  • tsc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

I think you're right. BU would then be business, ST would be a street person, etc..

I just came across a file called popcycle.dat I think will be fun to mess with. I think it will be a better alternative to controlling the spawn rate of vehicles. I'm satisfied with the amount of peds I'm getting now after messing around with pedgrp.dat but there's still too much traffic to deal with.

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:05 PM

Well, thanks for the compliments.

Have fun modding. smile.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:27 AM

Can you actually make a weather mod that makes the skys of San Andreas purple skys 24/7 instead of blue skys?

Aincham
  • Aincham

Another San Andreas Fan

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

The dual wielding mod is great, I was a bit disapointed when I built up my desert eagle skill to hitman and didnt dual wield, same with smg. This takes care of that, well done and thx.

Just one thing though smile.gif , is it possible to have it so my skill builds normally, then the dual wield kicks in at hitman, instead of having the skill 100% straight away?

Blue Zircon
  • Blue Zircon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

[email protected]: Why would you want the skies purple?

Aincham: Yes, it is possible, but I didn't want to include it because some people might not have hitman level on all weapons right away. You can just apply the mod when you reach hitman level on all weapons yourself if you'd like. =)

Aincham
  • Aincham

Another San Andreas Fan

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

What I was hoping for was to have it already implemented, so that when I got hitman level, it kicked in without having to do anything.

Thanks to the simple instruction you gave on the first page of this thread and comparing what you had done with the original, I've done this myself, quite easily in the end. biggrin.gif rahkstar2.gif

gtawizard1991
  • gtawizard1991

LALALALA

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

very nice

jjjaska
  • jjjaska

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:48 AM

Download links are dead?