Photo

Post a pic of your car here!

7,006 replies to this topic
Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

Seeing as were posting pictures of Range Rovers .. heres my Dads new one.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Mercedes-Benz @ Aug 2 2005, 17:39)
Nice truck! I love those. What happpened to that Range Rover Sport you were going to get?

Nice Vogue, but it isnt the new model wow.gif .
And Mercedes, we are getting it but we are waiting till september when the new Tax prices arrive seeing as we dont want to be paying more than we have too.

But it will arrive inlove.gif

Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Its an '05 .. the New New Range Rover is just a facelift to make it look even more pimped .. we werent gonna pay the extra money just for a little bit more chrome trim that'll fall off. £50k was steep enough for our budget .. we just wanted something that'd go offroad nicely and not cost too much to repair *cough .. Porsche Cayenne* or look gut-wrenchingly ugly *COUGH .. CAYENNE* biggrin.gif

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

Haha, yeah i haven't heard too many positive things from the Cayenne.
Anyways, Range Rovers are just really hawt cars inlove.gif

Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hehe - agreed. The best looking of 'em all is the Sport .. have it parked outside your bedroom window for extra droolage smile.gif

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Vanquish @ Aug 2 2005, 20:58)
Hehe - agreed. The best looking of 'em all is the Sport .. have it parked outside your bedroom window for extra droolage smile.gif

I'll be sure of that, now to hope that our neighbors wont start copying us tounge.gif .

I<love>AMG
  • I<love>AMG

I<love>AMG

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

I think your Range nees some serious wheels, cause these ones really suck! They look too small on this kind of car.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 27 2005, 02:47)
red deer biggrin.gif

user posted image

wow.gif

Oh man. wow.gif

I'm like close to you guys too. I live in Lloydminster, AB/SK

Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (I<love>AMG @ Aug 2 2005, 21:45)
I think your Range nees some serious wheels, cause these ones really suck! They look too small on this kind of car.

My Dad isnt a pimp. We use it for offroading .. we dont want chrome and shiny things that'll just get dirty. Its a work mule not a "cruiser". We only buy something capable of climing mountains if we need it .. and where I live, you do. I think some huge spinners would kinda ruin the offroad ability biggrin.gif

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

irRashonel

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Aug 2 2005, 21:57)
QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Jul 27 2005, 02:47)
red deer biggrin.gif

user posted image

wow.gif

Oh man. wow.gif

I'm like close to you guys too. I live in Lloydminster, AB/SK

w00t! And i checked Lloydminster, jesus..talk about RIGHT on the border. wow.gif

I<love>AMG
  • I<love>AMG

I<love>AMG

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Vanquish @ Aug 2 2005, 22:11)
QUOTE (I<love>AMG @ Aug 2 2005, 21:45)

My Dad isnt a pimp. We use it for offroading .. we dont want chrome and shiny things that'll just get dirty. Its a work mule not a "cruiser". We only buy something capable of climing mountains if we need it .. and where I live, you do. I think some huge spinners would kinda ruin the offroad ability biggrin.gif

OK then. I didnt mean to buy spinners or some crap like that. I was just saying that you need probably 21s to make the wheels look good. But since you are using it for off-roading ( cry.gif ) the idea is dead. Why RR? Why not Discovery? Its much better for offroading. You're the first people I know who are using RR for offroading...

Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

The Disco isnt as good as the Rangie for offroading .. we tried both at a Land Rover Offroading day and the Rangie has far more gadgets to help you. Also the Discovery feels and looks cheap. Interior is far better on the Rangie. Also the Discoverys platform is way too overweight for what it is because of its dodgy twin chassis setup. Weve got the proper V8 Range Rover so it can manage to haul all of its weight (which is necessary weight unlike the Disco). If you have the money then you might as well buy something good.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (tuff_luv_capo @ Aug 2 2005, 05:34)
user posted image

Finally another GTO owner.... urs or what?..

please tell me....do u like it yes or no...im sick of people bashing it/...i love mine...but i wanna kno ur opinion...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:09 AM

Refer to sig quote tounge.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:34 AM

I think he was asking someone who drives one, not someone who has an observational opinion.

And yea, it's better than most anything on the road next to exotic cars.

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (tuff_luv_capo @ Aug 2 2005, 20:34)
I think he was asking someone who drives one, not someone who has an observational opinion.

and mustangs, mustangs>gto too

and vettes, vipers, and pretty much any vehicle that isn't a re-badged ausie car smile.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:08 AM Edited by tuff_luv_capo, 03 August 2005 - 03:24 AM.

Actually I've tested mustangs, and my dad owns a vette, and no, GTO is still up by a hair. Especially with a chip and induction to overpower the 05 model. I even won $100 of a guy with the new Charger who thought it was the sh*t.

I know people try to take the piss from the GTO, but it doesn work. ESPECIALLY if it's someone who drives one. For example, saying anything that isn't a re-badged aussie car (like a caravan?) and then putting a smilie face after the sentence is just pure piss-taking

It's just a car. You don't have to mention everything that's better, especially don't mention weaker cars just because you like them (i.e. mustangs) every time someone posts a decent car.

(and when I say weaker, I guess I mean stock because I sure as hell know my modded goat hasn't lost to a new Stang yet).

sk8400048ks
  • sk8400048ks

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:31 AM Edited by sk8400048ks, 07 August 2005 - 09:35 PM.

ph34r.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (tuff_luv_capo @ Aug 3 2005, 12:04)

I guess you failed to see the smilie I used, just a bit of fun mate.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:27 AM

I only made that quote in the GTO bashing thread because Monaros are almost exactly the same, only there is more trunk space because Austrlian fuel tank regulations are more lax than american ones, the driveshaft offers more space and a dead pedal for right hand drive Monaros and the overall design of the Monaro is more aesthetic.

And yes, I have driven a Monaro. Albeit for about 5 minutes, but it was orgasmic.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:16 PM

The VZ Monaro has the same boot space as the US one now. But damn, Monaros have sh*t loads of leg room in the back inlove.gif Almost as much as the statesman.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

n e one who thinks the 05 mustang is better than the 05 GTO doesnt kno sh*t about cars...honestly...just because everyone thinks the Mustang is "cool" doesnt make it n e better....u cant compare the Mustang to a GTO...even an '04 GTO sh*ts on the mustang...

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Aug 3 2005, 16:38)
n e one who thinks the 05 mustang is better than the 05 GTO doesnt kno sh*t about cars...honestly...just because everyone thinks the Mustang is "cool" doesnt make it n e better....u cant compare the Mustang to a GTO...even an '04 GTO sh*ts on the mustang...

anyone who thinks the 05 mustang doesn't compare to teh GTO doesnt know sh*t about anything.

05 mustang

pros:

Looks
options(such as the 1000 watt sound system)
colors
convertible

cons:

less horsepower than competition
the shelby logo everybody seems to enjoy slapping on their regular mustang
Everybody drives one

05 GTO

pros:

400hp
uncommon almost to the point of being labeled rare
tried and tested platform, should have few issues.

cons:

bland styling
re-badged aussie car, seems to have been done in a hurry
it is a monaro, NOT a GTO.
lack of options

now the Monaro( tounge.gif ) isn't a bad car, but it doesn't scream "GTO". if you are going to consider performance the ONLY important aspect, chalk one up for the GTO, but if looks/options are added into the equasion even as 10% of the total result, the mustang runs away with it. the GTO doesn't out-perform the mustang by enough to make up for the lack of GTO-esque styling and lack of options.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:34 AM

To add insult to injury the Holden Monaro is actually a Holden Commodore turned coupe that is based on the Opel Omega platform. So really its far from the real classic GTO by miles, as much as I like the Monaro its got nothing on the Mustang.

I<love>AMG
  • I<love>AMG

I<love>AMG

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:49 AM

If I have to choose I will get a GTO. Mustang will be all over the place very soon, GTO not...

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (I<love>AMG @ Aug 4 2005, 02:49)
If I have to choose I will get a GTO. Mustang will be all over the place very soon, GTO not...

anti-conformism is so conformist tounge.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:56 AM

The Monaro and what I have dubbed the Monaros evil twin are different cars. Alterations were made ot bring it to American standard, because they are tight with their restrictions on fuel tank positioning and sh*t.

GTOs with work done (normally very little required) look like hot sh*t. You rarely see a stock Monaro in Australia (Adelaide at least) and they always look good.

Putting it simply, the new GTO had potential and GM flawed it a bit, not in the performance or looks, but the appeal to the American public.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ Aug 4 2005, 13:18)

now the Monaro( tounge.gif ) isn't a bad car, but it doesn't scream "GTO". if you are going to consider performance the ONLY important aspect, chalk one up for the GTO, but if looks/options are added into the equasion even as 10% of the total result, the mustang runs away with it. the GTO doesn't out-perform the mustang by enough to make up for the lack of GTO-esque styling and lack of options.

I've been waiting for you to say something like that for a while. Yeah, it's kinda weird how they kinda changed sh*t all for it's american appearence... Just slaped on an ugly grill and a bad body kit. I remeber reading on the GTO launch site about it's wonderful fresh design that they made up.. Seriously, something like the Monaro or the Commodore is NOT for the US market.. It just looks out of place comparing to the other Pontaics.

@Jayza well, as I said we have that too.. VZ Monaro has a tiny boot like the american one. It apperently is the only way they could get a dual exhast or something. Wait... around here I only usually see stock Monaros.. But still some of the modifed Monaros are sexy biggrin.gif ie. the HSV GTO, but the hood scoops look out of place on the GTO imo, which generates the look of it being over done.

I<love>AMG
  • I<love>AMG

I<love>AMG

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:07 AM

Monaro is one of the nicest cars for its price. I would love to have one. But I agree that GTO should be different, Monaro shouldn't be GTO. Design is not appropriate, interior neither. confused.gif
But if I imagine GTO as a brand new modern american styled muscle car I will be crying probably. I will imagine crappy interior with crappy materials used in it and also crappy styling of an interior......but on the other hand great car. So, 1/2 I am happy with GTO and 1/2 I am unhappy with GTO. It just should look more muscle, more mean... devil.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

user posted image

Speaking of interior...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users