Photo

Post a pic of your car here!

6,834 replies to this topic
sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Of those three, it's gotta be the BBS wheels, but I don't think any of them are a right match for a 911 personally.

I'd go for: BBS LM-Rs
user posted image

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

user posted image

you should totally go some work miesters , dish on it would look amazing imo .

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Good shout. I do think single piece wheels rather suit the 997. I wonder if you could getGrams Lights 57xtremes in the right offset?

user posted image

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (wannaslide @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 08:56)
http://www.iputinwor..._mgm_02_800.jpg

you should totally go some work miesters , dish on it would look amazing imo .

I second this, they look stunning and would make the car stand out from any other Porsche.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 01:44)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:52)
@Chris: sorry i don't believe you, real pics of your watches if you please.

Sure i will next week when i go to my garage (they are not used, only decor)

Why does Outcast not believe that you own them? They are rather inexpensive by some watch standards.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 12:55)
QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 01:44)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:52)
@Chris: sorry i don't believe you, real pics of your watches if you please.

Sure i will next week when i go to my garage (they are not used, only decor)

Why does Outcast not believe that you own them? They are rather inexpensive by some watch standards.

It's water under the bridge. No point bringing this up again, we had it out in the man cave topic if you're interested.

I arrived in Taiwan a few hours ago and I've taken the 997. Literally my first sports car and omg I love it.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

user posted image

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

I want to drive a lot of the cars in this topic. here's my z51.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hot damn! I didn't know you had a corvette! Looks like we TC members are really ballin' lol.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Got any interior pics of your 997, Seb?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by Outcast, 01 July 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Yeah I'll get them up soon. Just been too preoccupied with the car as you'd expect. My dad suggested I move my bed outside so I can sleep with it, that's how much time I've been spending with the 997. I just dropped him off at the airport and I hit over 220 on the way home (empty highway, 7am in the morning). It is a bloody marvellous car and I'd say it's gotten me hooked.

It's got the PDK option and Sport Chrono Package.

EDIT: heres some pics

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 10:34)
I just dropped him off at the airport and I hit over 220 on the way home (empty highway, 7am in the morning).

Mph? wow.gif Guaranteed, if Porsche owners tried that over here even once, some silly twat from Highway Patrol would pull him over, and he'd make the news for being the scorn of society.

I'm loving the look of it, even the rims aren't too bad, to be honest, especially since they're stock. A real estate agent in my suburb drives a near-identical one, except it's a Carerra S and has a small spoiler. Operatic sounding engine.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

nah not mph, that would be absolutely crazy! it wasnt really the speed that impressed me, more the time it took to get to 220. It was there before I even realized.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:34)

It's got the PDK option

Awww, I mean the PDK is probably faster, but it's always impressive to see a newer 911 with a normal stick. Personally, I'd be more impressed if you had got one, just for the oddity that would be you rowing your own gears.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:26)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:34)

It's got the PDK option

Awww, I mean the PDK is probably faster, but it's always impressive to see a newer 911 with a normal stick. Personally, I'd be more impressed if you had got one, just for the oddity that would be you rowing your own gears.

For some reason I actually prefer newer cars with those gameboy gearboxes. I tried the E60 with a manual and it felt horrible. Manual transmissions these days seem to be made very poorly.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

If it's anything like it is in video games (playing with steering wheel), I don't like paddle transmission. I would probably even choose a full automatic over it.

I'm not criticising your great car, it's just the way I feel personally.

Are you planning to swap out those American-spec rear blobs?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by Outcast, 01 July 2013 - 12:43 PM.

I'm not criticising your great car, it's just the way I feel personally.

Don't worry about it, criticize as much as you want. I'm a big boy, I can handle it wink.gif

The thing is I rarely use the paddles, and the way they built them into the the steering wheel is great, it doesn't stick out. I'm driving it like a full auto most of the time. It does come with Sport Plus which I haven't used yet as I don't fully know what it does.

The thing that really exceeded my expectations is the AC. I expected it to be a weak piece of afterthought add-on but the AC is probably one of the best I've ever had in a car. In a country like this AC is absolutely essential.

About the US spec blobs, I don't mind them to be honest. I actually like them more than Euro spec, but then again I like everything American XD it will probably be changed in time, just waiting for a quote on Techart bodykit at the moment.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

All i can say is...you lucky bastard.

Cursed
  • Cursed

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

We're slowly corrupting you around here, won't be long before you're driving something brightly coloured and manual tounge.gif Nice car though.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 08:39)
The thing is I rarely use the paddles, and the way they built them into the the steering wheel is great, it doesn't stick out. I'm driving it like a full auto most of the time.

Probably what I least like about the various SMG's. 90% of the time, they're driven in full-auto mode. Most people that have them don't use them. At least with a full manual, you're forced to drive it.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

I've noticed that when I take the Porsche out at night, I get challenged a lot by Evos and STIs, last night on the way back from the city I had a tricked out M6 come up right on my tail and then had a little go with him. Nothing serious just a little speeding on public (albeit empty) roads. I enjoy this sort of car culture, its like something out of F&F or Need for Speed. Absolutely thrilling.

@Cursed: I can safely say if I wasn't in vehicle chat as much as I am, I would never have gotten the 997. So thank you guys for that, seriously.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:52)
I've noticed that when I take the Porsche out at night, I get challenged a lot by Evos and STIs, last night on the way back from the city I had a tricked out M6 come up right on my tail and then had a little go with him. Nothing serious just a little speeding on public (albeit empty) roads. I enjoy this sort of car culture, its like something out of F&F or Need for Speed. Absolutely thrilling.

Yeah, I get that a lot in my Polo from Falcon and Commodore V8s. Needless to say, those brutish things are no match for my 1.2 TSI.

( I wish )

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

those falcon and commo drivers are the worst sometimes lol they want to race anything with sound to it .

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

There aren't too many worth complaining about, though. The ones who usually try and ping you at the lights are driving ones which have done more than 250,000km and are 25 years old, and are well passed their prime. Not to mention they'll definitely be p-platers. With the later generations ones, most of them are driven by middle-aged business types or working dads who aren't really interested in hooning and speeding. Then there are those VEs with a few antennas sticking out of them who love to try and get you into accelerating quickly at a red light. moto_whistle.gif

I've got a friend who drives a stock VE, but has spent a good $15k or so on mods and has made it look exactly like an HSV Senator. Incredible transformation. He's done something to the engine, but honestly I have no idea what exactly he's done since I'm illiterate when it comes to engine mechanics, which hasn't extracted any more power, but makes it sound as if it has (i.e. it makes the engine more "meaner" sounding). So it looks and sounds like an HSV, but he's really driving a VE lol. He's on his p-plates as well, so, as you can imagine, whenever he decides to go driving along the highways on a Friday or Saturday night, the police end up wasting their time pulling him over to issue him a ticket for driving an illegal car, but then when they check the engine and see no turbo and a stock 3.6L V6, they have to bid him on his way lol.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Seb you need to get some wheels on that 997 ASAP.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 12:01)
There aren't too many worth complaining about, though. The ones who usually try and ping you at the lights are driving ones which have done more than 250,000km and are 25 years old, and are well passed their prime. Not to mention they'll definitely be p-platers. With the later generations ones, most of them are driven by middle-aged business types or working dads who aren't really interested in hooning and speeding. Then there are those VEs with a few antennas sticking out of them who love to try and get you into accelerating quickly at a red light. moto_whistle.gif

I've got a friend who drives a stock VE, but has spent a good $15k or so on mods and has made it look exactly like an HSV Senator. Incredible transformation. He's done something to the engine, but honestly I have no idea what exactly he's done since I'm illiterate when it comes to engine mechanics, which hasn't extracted any more power, but makes it sound as if it has (i.e. it makes the engine more "meaner" sounding). So it looks and sounds like an HSV, but he's really driving a VE lol. He's on his p-plates as well, so, as you can imagine, whenever he decides to go driving along the highways on a Friday or Saturday night, the police end up wasting their time pulling him over to issue him a ticket for driving an illegal car, but then when they check the engine and see no turbo and a stock 3.6L V6, they have to bid him on his way lol.

I drive a falcon lol , but its standard so no one ties to race me in it .

i'd say your mate just put a 2and half inch exhaust on it to get that sound .

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Took the mazda for a long ride and a couple of photos

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:47 AM Edited by yngwierocks, 08 July 2013 - 01:36 AM.

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 01:52)

@Cursed: I can safely say if I wasn't in vehicle chat as much as I am, I would never have gotten the 997. So thank you guys for that, seriously.

I get that a lot with my car as well, but it's mostly Civic's and Golf's lol...... And since you have lots of money lying around.....Want to donate $5000 CAD to me so I can stroke my engine to a 440? LOL Nice car man, nice car.
Here's how she sits for the next couple of days
user posted image

I got a really good deal on a shaker hood, half price so I couldn't turn it down. It's currently at the bodyshop being prepared for paint
user posted image

EDIT:
Hood painted and installed. Still needs a good wet sand and buff once the paint hardens good
user posted image

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 13:42)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 08:39)
The thing is I rarely use the paddles, and the way they built them into the the steering wheel is great, it doesn't stick out. I'm driving it like a full auto most of the time.

Probably what I least like about the various SMG's. 90% of the time, they're driven in full-auto mode. Most people that have them don't use them. At least with a full manual, you're forced to drive it.

Agreed. I hear all these dumb kids with their Kia Optima's saying how they have a "manual mode". Bitch, if it doesnt have a clutch, it ain't MANual, and I know you're in full auto 100% of the time anyways. Some cars are good with flappy paddles, but the lack of a manual is the main thing that turns me off of a car - ex. Nissan GT-R. Damn shame the new GT3 RS only comes in PDK. I get that it's faster, but I'd rather be a tenth of a second slower and having more fun. Not that I could afford a GT-R or GT3 RS anyways, but you get the point. If I see a nice car, look inside, see its an 'automatic manual' or whatever the hell, I assume it belongs to a female who knows absolutely nothing about the car (except as a status symbol, of course), whose father/husband bought it for her. Ugh. Everytime I see a stupid bimbo driving a brand new 911/Ferrari/Corvette in auto mode I lose a little hope for the car community. End f*ckin' rant.

That said, if you're enthusiastic and knowledgeable about your car (and don't buy it because it's "cool" or popular), you're OK in my book, transmission choice irrelevant colgate.gif

Lovin the hood yngwie, now back up the looks with some crazy power devil.gif

Anyways, here she is, haven't been washed in 3 weeks confused.gif

user posted image

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

^ I agree with everything he said.

Here are my true manual whips.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic