6,992 replies to this topic
Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 21:57)
QUOTE (Lurch @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 10:11)
A V6 S-class? Glad we didn't get those here. All we got were the awesome vroom vroom V8's and V12's. Figured you'd get an S600 or S55 instead to go with your W12 A8 and Bentley.

yeah its a V6, abysmal compared to the 745Li in all respects. Frustration is the only word to describe trying to drive fast in the S350. I do have an S600 but of the W140 variant and its basically undrivable due to the frequency of breakdowns. Mostly just gets taken out once a week by one of our drivers for a wash and minor maintenance etc

back to the S350, I dont drive it often as its usually my driver driving it, taking me to the airport or to a restaurant sorta thing.

Actually, after looking that up, it has 306 hp, which is more than the legendary W109 300SEL 6.3 and W116 450SEL 6.9 and the W126 560SEL, and is on par with the W140 and W220 S500's. So while I guess it shouldn't really have any lack of power, I guess it just boils down to the V6's feeling a bit soulless compared to the snarly wicked-sounding V8's. Might not have as much low-end punch as the V8's either.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 08:37)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 21:57)
QUOTE (Lurch @ Monday, Feb 20 2012, 10:11)
A V6 S-class? Glad we didn't get those here. All we got were the awesome vroom vroom V8's and V12's. Figured you'd get an S600 or S55 instead to go with your W12 A8 and Bentley.

yeah its a V6, abysmal compared to the 745Li in all respects. Frustration is the only word to describe trying to drive fast in the S350. I do have an S600 but of the W140 variant and its basically undrivable due to the frequency of breakdowns. Mostly just gets taken out once a week by one of our drivers for a wash and minor maintenance etc

back to the S350, I dont drive it often as its usually my driver driving it, taking me to the airport or to a restaurant sorta thing.

Actually, after looking that up, it has 306 hp, which is more than the legendary W109 300SEL 6.3 and W116 450SEL 6.9 and the W126 560SEL, and is on par with the W140 and W220 S500's. So while I guess it shouldn't really have any lack of power, I guess it just boils down to the V6's feeling a bit soulless compared to the snarly wicked-sounding V8's. Might not have as much low-end punch as the V8's either.

in sport mode when you put your foot down in the S350 nothing really happens compared to sport mode in the 745Li. The 7 goes like a bat out of hell when you hit the gas

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Being one of the lower S class trims, it probably doesn't have as snazzy and quick-shifting of a transmission that the higher tier models have. How long does it take to downshift when you stomp it? Whereas BMW gave plenty of attention to the V8 7's.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Don't forget it weighs more than the classics and probably a bit more than the W220. There's less torque than in a V8, and the 350 engine all in all was made as an access eco-friendly engine.

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

Tuesday morning.
7:45AM.
32F (0C)

Snapped this picture right before I left for classes.

user posted image

I gotta say, with a bit of touch-up work in Photoshop, the iPhone 4 (not the 4S) takes really good pictures.

2592x1936 resolution here

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

I went back a few pages to try and find out, but is that a V8? I have a horrible time telling the difference without seeing the rear end.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Tuesday, Feb 21 2012, 14:48)
I went back a few pages to try and find out, but is that a V8? I have a horrible time telling the difference without seeing the rear end.

Nah, he's just got it dressed up.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:34 AM

I am sorry my minions, I do not come bearing pictures of my luxury automobile. Instead I have a question for you. How often do you drive while intoxicated?

Tonight was my first night, because I'm a f*cking moron. Talking about people getting DUIs at roadblocks almost all night. But I drove anyways. So I leave the apartment I'm at around 2:00 AM, I'm 20, intoxicated, with my paper license in the glove box because I haven't even got the actual card in the mail yet, with my 17 year old drunk and high female passenger. I get about a mile down the road and see red/white lights over the hill. Right as I see blue lights behind that I pop my turn signal on and make a left into a (closed) gas station, circle around the parking lot twice trying to figure out where the f*ck to go, and end up taking a dirt road from that parking lot that leads to another way around. I did end up getting her home safely and then head home myself without having any trouble with the law, but god damn did I feel f*cked for a couple minutes. Does this kind of bullsh*t happen to you guys?

The only other time I've been bothered by the police is when a f*cking state trooper tried to run me off the road just to be a dick.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

Pretty sure everyone of legal age, who owns a car, and actually has a social life has driven drunk at one point or another. If they say otherwise, they're lying. The .08 limit is basically buzzed level and pretty low. I can drive fine well beyond that. Still means a DUI if you get caught though. But when everything starts getting blurry to the point where you can't see straight, it's obviously time to call a couple friend to chauffeur you. Hopefully you have enough sense to tell buzzed and hammered apart though and when its just unsafe to do it.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yeah I mean I didn't have much to drink, (I'm not THAT retarded.) but being underage means I would have been f*cked if I were caught with .01. It's just odd to me, that easily half of my driving thus far has been from midnight to 3 AM, and the one time I've been drinking is when there's going to cops down the road.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

i've driven whilst pretty darn intoxicated, but only in china because cops are literally nonexistent past 10pm. I also took my driving test high as f*ck when I was getting my license in the UK. Looking back it was an absolutely stupid thing to do and I dont know if I could still smoke that much pot and drive now, i'd be terrified

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 03:32)
Pretty sure everyone of legal age, who owns a car, and actually has a social life has driven drunk at one point or another. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

I'm not a huge drinker anymore due to stomach problems from drinking.
I've never driven drunk ever.

I'm not lying at all.

I have driven high though. biggrin.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 12:29)
QUOTE (Lurch @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 03:32)
Pretty sure everyone of legal age, who owns a car, and actually has a social life has driven drunk at one point or another. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

I'm not a huge drinker anymore due to stomach problems from drinking.
I've never driven drunk ever.

I'm not lying at all.

I have driven high though. biggrin.gif

Don't lie Justin. tounge.gif

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I drove my car a few years back drunk, never again, i can drive perfectly when stoned or really tired but god damn my coordination goes to sh*t after whisky.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (chris @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 18:54)
I drove my car a few years back drunk, never again, i can drive perfectly when stoned or really tired but god damn my coordination goes to sh*t after whisky.

You're not very bright, are you?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 20:22)

You're a dickface aren't you?

Yes.

Yes you are.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

I don't understand cuz to me having a social life means having friends to drive you. I would think only loners drive drunk confused.gif

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 07:34)
I am sorry my minions, I do not come bearing pictures of my luxury automobile. Instead I have a question for you. How often do you drive while intoxicated?

Tonight was my first night, because I'm a f*cking moron. Talking about people getting DUIs at roadblocks almost all night. But I drove anyways. So I leave the apartment I'm at around 2:00 AM, I'm 20, intoxicated, with my paper license in the glove box because I haven't even got the actual card in the mail yet, with my 17 year old drunk and high female passenger. I get about a mile down the road and see red/white lights over the hill. Right as I see blue lights behind that I pop my turn signal on and make a left into a (closed) gas station, circle around the parking lot twice trying to figure out where the f*ck to go, and end up taking a dirt road from that parking lot that leads to another way around. I did end up getting her home safely and then head home myself without having any trouble with the law, but god damn did I feel f*cked for a couple minutes. Does this kind of bullsh*t happen to you guys?

The only other time I've been bothered by the police is when a f*cking state trooper tried to run me off the road just to be a dick.

You dodged a bullet, man.

So lucky lol

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:26)

Yes.

Yes you are.

IS there a f*cking problem? since you're so f*cking brilliant why don't you PM me so I can't reply to your wimpy ass?

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Friday, Feb 24 2012, 08:32)
Pretty sure everyone of legal age, who owns a car, and actually has a social life has driven drunk at one point or another. If they say otherwise, they're lying. The .08 limit is basically buzzed level and pretty low. I can drive fine well beyond that. Still means a DUI if you get caught though. But when everything starts getting blurry to the point where you can't see straight, it's obviously time to call a couple friend to chauffeur you.

Hopefully you have enough sense to tell buzzed and hammered apart though and when its just unsafe to do it.

Erm; first things first I've been driving since I was 17 years 3 months old. I've had a car since then (I'm 23 now). I don't drink. Limit's 40mg in the UK and I have NEVER, by choice, been over 3mg (just factoring natural alcohol levels).
Your final sentiment is what drunk people can't do in most cases, they don't know their own limits and it grinds on me!

I once stopped (unofficially) a Rover doing 121 (just) in a 50, the driver was 18 years old and he was PLASTERED, his attempt at stopping (now in a 60 area dual carriage way) was to slam the brakes on in the live lane meaning I had to cone off that lane and wait for RPU to box him.

I don't care how well you could drive beyond that, I stopped you, boxed you and you pinged I'd be locking you up there and then for 'DUI' (just call it drink driving here).

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 12:23)
Pretty sure everyone of legal age, who owns a car, and actually has a social life has driven drunk at one point or another. If they say otherwise, they're lying. The .08 limit is basically buzzed level and pretty low. I can drive fine well beyond that. Still means a DUI if you get caught though. But when everything starts getting blurry to the point where you can't see straight, it's obviously time to call a couple friend to chauffeur you.

Hopefully you have enough sense to tell buzzed and hammered apart though and when its just unsafe to do it.

Erm; first things first I've been driving since I was 17 years 3 months old. I've had a car since then (I'm 23 now). I don't drink.

f*ck off then, k?

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

I've driven after "drinking" alcohol once.
I've had a beer, forgot about it and went down to the store to buy Pepsi. I realised I just drove "under the influence of alcohol" when I saw the empty bottle when I got home. So, yeah.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 09:16)
QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 03:26)

Yes.

Yes you are.

IS there a f*cking problem? since you're so f*cking brilliant why don't you PM me so I can't reply to your wimpy ass?

No thanks, I don't have PM convos with Slamman-level retards.
Sorry McPimple, I know that you're the type of person who likes to insult someone, then run around flailing your arms and crying when someone throws an insult back at you.

I'm sorry but grow some balls.

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 17:40)
QUOTE (MikeWh @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 12:23)

Erm; first things first I've been driving since I was 17 years 3 months old. I've had a car since then (I'm 23 now). I don't drink.

f*ck off then, k?

Charming, you kiss your mother (the woman you so evidently still live with) with that mouth?

I did get a fact wrong, limit's 35 here, 40's prosecution threshold.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Stop the bickering and get at least somewhat back on topic.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Drove the Ford to work last Friday because the Volvo started taking in water on the highway thanks to a hole in the floor. lol.gif Had to park it outside because they were introducing the KIA Optima and expected tons of visitors.
user posted image

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Didn't you just recently get your license? It's a damn fine and rare car up north smile.gif

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 22:34)
Didn't you just recently get your license? It's a damn fine and rare car up north smile.gif

Passed the test December 21st 2011. smile.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I love the way it looks in that parking lot.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (jaysteels @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 01:22)

lol as if me making a bad decision is enough for you to judge me as a person, go elsewhere captain kiljoy icon14.gif

@TLC You don't have any friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users