guilty.by.association
  • guilty.by.association

яαωя

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Nov 30 2007, 09:43)
Ore try some of OrionSR's methods:

http://video.google....522022015366112

( That's worth watching even if you have completed that mission icon14.gif )

Lol that was awesome smile.gif

The way i did it was driving up onto the first bridge ramp thing, then waiting for the train and then jumping onto the train myself and shooting them. I never thought to drive the bike on there tehe smile.gif

Its a very frustrating mission when you dont know how to do it, the first times i tried to do it i hated it, i just didnt understand why i couldnt pass it bored.gif

RidingHigh
  • RidingHigh

Illiteracy Will Prevail

• Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:45 AM

That's cool, but it almost looks harder to pull off then doing it the regular way. I can usually have them all killed by the end of the first tunnel before you go up the dirt road.

team17
  • team17

Shooter

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hiya

I really hate this mission with a vengeance. it seems Sweet doesnt aim well at all... turn.gif

Be quicker to get off the bike and do it yourself - this mission is up soon for me, so I might try LOL

Julia

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (team17 @ Dec 3 2007, 10:15)

I really hate this mission with a vengeance. it seems Sweet doesnt aim well at all... turn.gif

Sweet?

vicenzo312
  • vicenzo312

We live Together, We die Together

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (bagga rabbit @ Dec 3 2007, 17:23)
QUOTE (team17 @ Dec 3 2007, 10:15)

Sweet?

Yes it's BigSmoke wink.gif he doesn't aim well, he's too slow icon13.gif icon13.gif

Bad~Boy#17
  • Bad~Boy#17

duh

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

No, Big Smoke aims very well, just those Vagos have a lot of life.
As you can see in this video, CJ was shooting at them and look how slowly did the hp trianlge change color

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Bad~Boy#17 @ Dec 3 2007, 17:18)
No, Big Smoke aims very well, just those Vagos have a lot of life.
As you can see in this video, CJ was shooting at them and look how slowly did the hp trianlge change color

CJ has got very low skills with the M4 in that and the sights weren't often on them. But it does look like they're well protected. Try a head shot next time. Maybe with a sniper rifle. Most people find it hard to fight back, or even stand up, after their head's been blown off biggrin.gif

Steve

team17
  • team17

Shooter

• Members

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

colgate.gif LOL

I meant Big Smoke, sorry... Long time since I've done the first missions.....

Going slightly off topic here, I just won my first race, in High Stakes, Low Rider colgate.gif

Julia

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

Phreak only posted a link to one of my Wrong Side videos. Very Wrong only shows various bike jumps for getting on the tracks, and ends in a failure. They're supposed to be paired; Very Wrong shows the more difficult bike stunts and WrongFoot has many of the on-foot methods for accessing the train. The method demonstrated by Bad~Boy doesn't leave a lot of time for clearing the targets. In the WrongFoot video, CJ uses weaker weapons when more time is available before the next obstruction.

Very Wrong Side of the Tracks - Folsom cut
WrongFoot

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Dec 3 2007, 17:47)
Phreak only posted a link to one of my Wrong Side videos. Very Wrong only shows various bike jumps for getting on the tracks, and ends in a failure. They're supposed to be paired; Very Wrong shows the more difficult bike stunts and WrongFoot has many of the on-foot methods for accessing the train. The method demonstrated by Bad~Boy doesn't leave a lot of time for clearing the targets. In the WrongFoot video, CJ uses weaker weapons when more time is available before the next obstruction.

Very Wrong Side of the Tracks - Folsom cut
WrongFoot

Thank you for sharing those vids OrionSR. smile.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

I've been trying that trick of jumping onto the train in mission Wrong Side of the Tracks.

I jump on the Sanchez, not caring much if Smoke gets on or not. I ride quickly past the train and round the bend to the level crossing where I get off the Sanchez and run up onto the arch of the bridge. From there I can jump onto the train - but what then?

The Vagos seem to be well armoured because even if I use the sniper rifle (a favourite weapon of mine) it takes 3 shots to the head of the one nearest me before he falls. If I use the AK 47 then it still takes a while and it's harder to hit him with the train rocking and turning. (I'm on a PC so there's no auto-aim)

And then there's that bridge!
Are the Vagos a lot shorter than CJ? They seem to pass under it without any trouble. I tried crouching before I started shooting but when I tried that I was shooting with the sniper rifle and it seems CJ always stands up when he snipes. By the time I'd realised he was standing up again I'd been swept off the train.

If I stop sniping just before the bridge and make him crouch again can I then get under the bridge? Or must I have killed all three of them before we get to the bridge?

Any suggestions or comments?

Steve

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:38 AM

Have you looked through the following videos?

crazyanurag's method

Very Wrong Side of the Tracks - Folsom Cut

WrongFoot

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:57 PM Edited by lil weasel, 31 May 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Auto-Aim with Keyboard and Mouse.
Easiest way is to get a USB GamePad (12 button minimum). If you already have a console game, Adapter cables are available. Then you can play like on the consoles. Much more fun than keyboard and mouse and this game is designed for GamePad use.

OR if you must use the Keyboard and Mouse then:
Aim Weapon = [Del] key or [Caps] lock key
or [RMB] Right Mouse button.

Next target = E or [Enter] key
or [MWU] Mouse Wheel Up.

Previous target = Q or [.] on Num Pad
or [MWD] Mouse Wheel Down.

Fire Weapon = [0] on Num Pad or Left [Ctrl] key
or [LMB] Left Mouse Button.

Manual page 7.
And if you are using a LapTop then you must engage the blue [FN] key to activate the imbedded num pad (around keys JKL)

Build up your skill with the AK47 or M4 M4 available at the end of the runway in the airport.

with skill level up. Just race ahead of the train ... jump off... and shoot as it passes... Jump on and race ahead again, repeat. by the third time they should all be mort bait.
If you want to do it in the manner suggested:
Wrong Side of the Tracks is easier if CJ’s Mini-SMG skill is high, the skill level seems to be linked to Big Smoke’s skill. Ride even with the back of the Locomotive so Big Smoke has them all to shot at.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ May 5 2008, 12:57)
Auto-Aim with Keyboard and Mouse.
Easiest way is to get a USB GamePad (12 button minimum). If you already have a console game, Adapter cables are available. Then you can play like on the consoles. Much more fun than keyboard and mouse and this game is designed for GamePad use.

Have you tried manual aim?

I've tried auto-aim, and didn't like it - in most cases.
Too often it selected the wrong target. I generally prefer manual aim

Steve

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:41 PM Edited by Steve Crook, 06 May 2008 - 02:14 AM.

QUOTE (girishb @ May 5 2008, 07:38)
Have you looked through the following videos?

crazyanurag's method

Very Wrong Side of the Tracks - Folsom Cut

WrongFoot

Yes, I'd seen them and others like them. That's why I thought I might try it.

So it seems that you can't crouch to get under the bridge and must despatch them before you get there. As the sniper rifle won't do it fast enough, needing 3 or 4 head shots to kill each of them, it must be the AK 47 or the M4 (or the minigun)

Some of the methods of getting onto the train after the first bridge look interesting, especially the one where you get onto it as it goes into the first tunnel

Thanks

Steve

Edit: Ah well, I've given up sad.gif
It's interesting to try different techniques but I really can't see any advantage to doing this mission this way. If I take Smoke with me and ride alongside the train we can kill all of them (very nearly) every time.

With the jumping on the train I've tried it 20 or 30 times and haven't managed to kill them all on a single one of those attempts. I can get onto the train easy enough but even if I walk up close to them they are just too well protected and I can't kill them before I get swept off by the bridge.

Riding ahead of the train and going up above the first tunnel might be worth a try. But if you go too far ahead of the train then you lose the mission.

I notice that if you ride ahead of the train the the car that's parked across the tracks doesn't appear there until the train is quite close to it.

I also noticed that there are 4 Vagos on the train when it leaves the station but by the time it gets to the level crossing there are only 3 of them, even if you haven't been shooting at them

Steve

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Grand Theft Auto IV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by lil weasel, 08 May 2014 - 04:57 PM. merged topics

EDIT << New topic merged with existing topic >>

I have tried playing this mission to the point of insanity. Any tips so I don't smash my controller to oblivion?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Obtain a Minigun from Roca Escalante (Las Venturas), somehow get on top of the train and kill all the Vago-hoes.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I remember having problems too at this mission and found out that if you stay on the opposite site, Big Smoke can hit them. If you are too close to train, he can't hit and because of this, you will fail mission. So try to stay on the right. Hope it helps.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Team Bring It

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Get on the bike with smoke and get ahead of the train and there is a bridge which you can climb with sanchez. After you get on top of bridge and the train is nearby passing you then move your sanchez to the train and keep on holding accelerator button. Now as you are on top of train you can shot the vagos yourself

QaiserH
  • QaiserH

Dialouges Writer

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Yeah Dude Checkout This Topic Bs Mission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users