Photo

Broken color tag

8 replies to this topic
Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

I've noticed that my post wrapper isn't working....there were too many numbers in it which Cerbera fixed but it still doesn't work. We tried it with words and that works but not with the color code numbers. Any suggestions, please? It has been broken for quite a while and I'd really like it back if that's possible?

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

Your post wrapper is working. And i think the colour code numbers you are refering to are called hexadecimel numbers. And they are in your post wrapper and working. notify.gif

Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Maybe it's because I'm using Cerbera's Conventional skin that it doesn't work!

He looked at it but can't understand why it doesn't work in his skin! Can anyone advise, please? AND NO I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE SKIN - I like this skin but I'd like to have my post wrapper work in it.

Thank you YeTi for your reply....do you know how to fix problem?

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera'sMum @ Jun 10 2005, 11:45)
Thank you YeTi for your reply....do you know how to fix problem?

No sorry i don't know php. I am currently trying to learn it but it's not being very successful. The only thing i could advise you to do is to change your skin but as you said you do not want to. Maybe Tank knows how to fix it?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:25 AM Edited by Cerbera, 10 June 2005 - 11:34 AM.

CODE
[color=teal]color=teal[/color]
[color=009999]color=009999[/color]
This BBCode is transformed into the following HTML by the PHP:
HTML
<span style='color:teal'>color=torqoise</span>
<span style='color:009999'>color=009999</span>
Now, the second HTML sample should really be using #009999 for the colour code. It works in other skins, though, so there must be something about my skin which prevents it from working. Thing is, the style attribute cannot be overruled by the external CSS I use (that's the heirarchy of the "cascade" of CSS) so I can't figure out what is preventing it from working in my skins.

I don't have any classes which allow to plain <span> elements; so there shouldn't be anything even attempting to overrule it. A bit mysterious but there must be a reason for it.

Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

So can i assume that my post wrapper can't be made to work using Cerb's Conventional skin, then? Surely someone knows a way around it....please, pretty please can't someone tell me how to make it happen?

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

If the problem is only with using hex values, then you should be able to use a named colour instead:

Open Post Wrapper
CODE
[color=darkturquoise]

Close Post Wrapper

CODE
[/color]

The colour that you're currently using - #00CCCC - is basically the same anyway: [Dark Turquoise text]

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:01 PM Edited by Cerbera, 12 June 2005 - 07:15 PM.

Both methods work in other skins but the hexadecimal method doesn't work in my skin. Therefore it isn't a problem with using hexadecimal since the CSS attribute style can take either 6- or 3-digit hexadecimal or any of the 200+ formally named colours. The problem is how the <span> tag is operating when in my skins, which I can't really figure out. My skins use XHTML, which maybe means that a hexadecmial colour absolutely must be prefixed with the # indentifier?

Here are some test samples:-
  1. color=#f00
  2. color=#ff0000
  3. color=f00
  4. color=ff0000
  5. color=red
Results from Conventional Militant:-
  1. Text is red
  2. Text is red
  3. Text colour unchanged
  4. Text colour unchanged
  5. Text is red
Results from GTAnet 2k4 lite:-
  1. Text is red
  2. Text is red
  3. Text is red
  4. Text is red
  5. Text is red

Therefore, something is making my skins react differently. Any insights into why this might be would be very useful. smile.gif

(EDIT) The forums are running about as fast as Cartman; this post took 25 minutes to get through. Also, list code gets blown apart every time the PHP parses it out of the HTML as it inserts an extra new line between each item. No matter how many new lines are already between the items, it adds another one. Urgh!

Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:43 PM Edited by Cerbera'sMum, 12 June 2005 - 08:46 PM.

Thank you Barguast for that...and thanks Cerbera for trying to find out why it didn't work!

Yay post wrapper works again now....I'm so happy..I've missed my post wrapper and didn't want to have to give Cerbera's skin to get it back ....so success all round!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users