Photo

GTA SA Audio Files

22 replies to this topic
nikehair
  • nikehair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:58 AM

I was trying to figure out the format of the audio files for the PC version and it seems as if they have no extension and are obscurely named?

Anyone figure out how to edit the radio stations yet?

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:40 AM

san andreas makes use of ogg file format, similar to mp3 but better in quality and compression and opensource.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Delfi @ Jun 10 2005, 06:40)
san andreas makes use of ogg file format, similar to mp3 but better in quality and compression and opensource.

Ahhh i remember this file format....... .ogg, the PC game 007 Nightfire which i also have also uses .ogg files

WinAmp Can play those files biggrin.gif

http://www.winamp.com/

nikehair
  • nikehair

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

What I want to know now is can I edit the original stations and make them longer by adding songs?

And is there a way for me to chance the ridiculous thread title that I made by mistake?

Tommy Moon
  • Tommy Moon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:36 PM

Well Winamp obviously doesnt play those files cause they are copyrighted or whatever.

Size: 72004665 bytes
Header found at: 8430 bytes
Length: 6000 seconds
MPEG 2.0 layer 2
96kbit, 166677 frames
16000Hz Stereo
CRCs: No
Copyrighted: Yes
Original: Yes
Emphasis: None

How could ogg be mpeg2?
I just wanna know how to extract or at least play the stations to put em in my rides cdplayer. Would be a pain to open the Game, stand at a quiet place without car sounds and yells, and then have to record the Stations "online".
I tried Hyperripper already but most likely no results, stuff seems to be scrambled?

Any hints?

meshuggah
  • meshuggah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (nikehair @ Jun 10 2005, 08:58)
I was trying to figure out the format of the audio files for the PC version and it seems as if they have no extension and are obscurely named?

Anyone figure out how to edit the radio stations yet?

me too!
I need to know How too export/import audio files
(from files without extention)

Help suicidal.gif

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:44 AM

Rockstar did that on purpose......i want to listen to the stations in my jeep, on a CD...the official soundtrack doesnt have the talking part, just the songs....

molloni
  • molloni

Proprietor of Screw This!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:08 AM

Just like with Vice City, I have a feeling that one of these smart guys will figure out a way to convert the audio files into mp3's. I just want to know if any one is actively working on this? I want to listen to them at work...I may not be able to play the game, but I can at least listen to it. It's hard to concentrate on the funny stuff even when I'm just driving around. There are so many things to miss if one doesn't listen carefully...

Anyone?

Tommy Moon
  • Tommy Moon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:33 AM

Found this tool http://www.tinyted.n...anAndreasRadio/
But it only works for the PS2 DVD, it didnt recognize my PC DVD.
Ultimate bummer eh. suicidal.gif

I just dont get why they increased the security level for the PC Version, i feel kinda ripped off, cause when i buy the game i want the freedom to get or extract all the content whether its seperate or ingame, license is license.
And as the Soundtrack dosnt contain any speech which is above 50% of the enjoyment, it is more or less useless, and a prove of Rockstars greed for getting max of the cash for the SA Project. This sucks.
I WONT buy the soundtrack.

Maybe some modding experts with some feel for Digital Audio could join this converation or, even better, start descrambling the sh*t. sly.gif

Cmon guys get the fish outta them files breadfish_by_Moto.gif

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

welll i dont see why winamp cant play them

but the ogg file format was made by Vorbis,
http://www.vorbis.com/

it looks like they have there own players for ogg files, could try one of those out

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:47 PM

well, why dont you start a recording program (I.E. Samplitude, Waves, Reason, or something like pro tools.) set to record the Stereo Mix of your system? You can start the recording, obvious to disable the mic, and start the game. Hop in a car, turn down SFX so only music plays, park somewhere where you wont get jacked, play the station until it's through, and quit the game. Edit to specifications you choose. Wallah. problem solved.

I'm sure someone will find a way to import music, which is what I am hoping for...

Dangta
  • Dangta

Multi-Talented Person

• Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

If you would like to edit files ect. Try out Sony Sound Forge which you can download a trial off. It supports .ogg format.

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

It's not .ogg format, though...or at least there's something missing because I downloaded an ogg to mp3 converter, and it bombed out when I tried to convert the file.

There's something else to it...header info, backwards file - I don't know, I don't know enough about audio formats.

The work around I thought of is to do like dertyjerzian and someone else suggested, but instead of finding a quiet spot, use the audio controls section and play the station from there. Only problem is, you're going to have to go through each one, find the begninning, and make sure you sit around for hours for each one so you don't miss the start point again. It's a very brute force method, not to mention that the stations probably don't play when the game is minimized (or does it?) so that makes recording even more difficult. It's just not an elegant solution...

Or get the cat out? catloaf_by_anuj.gif

meshuggah
  • meshuggah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:43 AM

No no. Friends, we're out of the right way.
I don't need only the "soundtrack", WE NEED a tool that makes importing/exporting of the audio files, so I can modify not only soundtrack's files,but the passants voices too.

suicidal.gif Help

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (meshuggah @ Jun 19 2005, 08:43)
No no. Friends, we're out of the right way.
I don't need only the "soundtrack", WE NEED a tool that makes importing/exporting of the audio files, so I can modify not only soundtrack's files,but the passants voices too.

suicidal.gif Help

now that is what i want!!! im mking a tupac ped that will have voice bits and all smile.gif

As for the recording thing, you dont have to find the beginning, just record the station and wait till you hear it loop... you can then just rearange it by cutting it at "the beginning" and putting the preciding in front of the new second chunck, shaving off the intro section of your recording to match the loop point.. easy stuff, ill do it if someone records smething.

meshuggah
  • meshuggah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Jun 19 2005, 09:58)

suicidal.gif Help [/QUOTE]
now that is what i want!!! im mking a tupac ped that will have voice bits and all smile.gif

yes ok , but do you have this tool?
I need that tool,
can be exists a way with visual basic, for import/export audio files?

Tommy Moon
  • Tommy Moon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

mmm... are there other games who use protection methods for the audio files?
So far everything was extractable. I can understand this move as the tracks are commercial ones and havent been "made" for the game. I guess we just have to wait, or record the stuff.. That skilled dude who made the editing tool for the PS2 DVD should try to get his hands on it though imo. whatsthat.gif

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

Yep, I'm bumping this. I realize there is a licensing issue, but isn't there always? The same held true for the Vice City music, but the files were decoded. The thing is, the sound tracks are just that - just the music with a bit of DJ lead in. I want to be able to listen to everything to pick up the subtleties.

I read somewhere that the radio stations were somehow suppose to keep up with your progress during the game and the would change accordingly. Is this true? Could this be why these files are more difficult to decode?

If someone's afraid of getting in trouble, and you have a decoder, I guess you could always PM me...

The subtleties are what make the stations really funny. Like Toni stating how her hair went up like a Christmas tree in Vice, but stating that she never remembered being on fire in GTA3 (keep the chronology in mind). Or how (in Vice) she would be doing something really important at age 30, when she really just became a DJ for a Liberty City station of a similar name...This is the kind of stuff I want to hear. I caught Lazlow saying something on one of the call ins, but it went by to quick...

Ok, that's enough rambling. I'm sure someone out there is smart enough to crack this...

OT @ Silver007 - like the Monte eh?

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

Check out the [url=http://www.tinyted.net/eddie/SanAndreasRadio/]San Andreas Radio page[/quote] again. It explains how the radio stations work.
VC radio was mp3 xor'ed 21h or something, they probably did the same for SA and added some kind of header so the game knows where each part is.

Tha page also says "I am working with some very helpful members of the online community to bring you a version of my program that works with the PC version of GTA:SA. Watch this space!"
So we'll get a tool soon smile.gif

Fro
  • Fro

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:41 AM

While we're at it, will this tool be able to replace Sound FX files?

ZanderZ
  • ZanderZ

GTA modder & tool writer

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:56 AM

Probably not. Your best chance for that is GTA Wave, but afaik it only supports reading GTA 3/VC and editing GTA 1/2. So it will probably load SA sound effects, but not edit them.

Pine
  • Pine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

I've tried to get it to work with GTA wave...

didn't work

yodan
  • yodan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:04 PM Edited by yodan, 05 July 2005 - 10:19 PM.

Look what I've found - GTA SA Music Extractor:
http://gta.ag.ru/fil...ograms/info/?13

Yes, I know the site is in Russian, but hey - I don't speak any Russian either, and I managed! To download just click the floppy disk in the yellow box to the right (next to "5067'M").

This may not be able to change any of the audio files, but this nifty 50KB tool does extract all the songs from all the radio stations (and you can choose whether to include the DJ comments). You can also extract the radio stations as one big file. I believe that if they found a way to extract audio from the game, "injecting" audio to the game is not too far ahead.

Note that the output is in OGG format (since this is the format used by the game). Winamp should have no problem playing this. If you need to convert to MP3 for a mobile MP3 player, use dBpowerAMP Music Converter (www.dbpoweramp.com).

btw sorry if this was already posted here somewhere... I have a good excuse though! search is disabled.

QUOTE ("molloni")
I want to listen to them at work...I may not be able to play the game, but I can at least listen to it. It's hard to concentrate on the funny stuff even when I'm just driving around.

So you can't concentrate on the funny stuff while driving a virutal car in a video game, but you can easily concentrate while working? wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users