Photo

My Copy

13 replies to this topic
f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

Well what can I say? I have finally recieved my copy of San Andreas and have started playing. The controls are VERY different from Vice City what with the mouse moving the camera around CJ AND the Vehicle in each scenario. From what I have played so far the game is awesomme. The loading times are FAST as hell under 10 secs to get into the actual game playing! Anyway just wondering who else has the game and what do they think of it?

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

Maybe put this in the Xbox & PC Chat Forums 'Kay?

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

Why not here? Jesus some people puh! confused.gif

Officer Pulaski
  • Officer Pulaski

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (f34r @ Jun 9 2005, 15:42)
Why not here? Jesus some people puh! confused.gif

because it has nothing to do with MP

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

Man let the guy speak. Its to mods to decide should this thread be here or not.

What i hate about GTAF is that regular users act too much like moderators, each time some1 makes something that is little different, yall start screamin like he just broke a big ass rule.

Anyways, im getting my copy of san andreas now... (well, not really a copy, more like a download). Played it already on PS2 but i dont like ps2 controls, i hope PC's will be easier... or im just used 2 pc.. tounge.gif

4thgencelica
  • 4thgencelica

excellent :D

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

this is in the wrong section, but i will also be picking up a copy this weekend.
and a tip, do not talk about downloading it, its against the rules.

_celica_

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (4thgencelica @ Jun 9 2005, 23:21)
this is in the wrong section, but i will also be picking up a copy this weekend.
and a tip, do not talk about downloading it, its against the rules.

_celica_

^ Moved.

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

well now thats the right thang, its the mod who decides move it or not, n not regular users

Link_BaconBitz
  • Link_BaconBitz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

San Andreas it so hardcore, one time it crashed and corrupted my Windows installation resulting in my having to reformat, awesome!

No really, I think it's an awesome game. cool.gif

Hpz
  • Hpz

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

I've got mine an hour ago, and i love it biggrin.gif

devster19
  • devster19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

I picked up San Andreas on the 8th. Its a great game. I think it definently has some potential. Then again, I haven't experienced any problems. It seems to run very well on my computer.

f34r
  • f34r

SA-MP Fan

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Drizz @ Jun 9 2005, 20:45)
Man let the guy speak. Its to mods to decide should this thread be here or not.

What i hate about GTAF is that regular users act too much like moderators, each time some1 makes something that is little different, yall start screamin like he just broke a big ass rule.

Anyways, im getting my copy of san andreas now... (well, not really a copy, more like a download). Played it already on PS2 but i dont like ps2 controls, i hope PC's will be easier... or im just used 2 pc.. tounge.gif

Thanks for the straight answer mate. And I know all of a sudden people thing they are moderators jeeze. People today eh?

Death-Speak
  • Death-Speak

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:08 PM

Turn on mouse steer and it'll get rid of the annoying camera on the cars.

DS

efter0
  • efter0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

OK if everyone's done arguing about where this topic belongs, I'll get back on topic here. I think he was remarking about how drastically different everything controls in San Andreas VS Vice City. If you play this on a console system and don't have or play the pc version, please keep your comments to yourself, you don't know what we mean by this. I have been playing GTA since GTA 1, so I think I can speak from plenty of experience here. I noticed right off how different the controlling of the main character is, vs Vice City. When you exit a car the mouse doesn't even work for almost two seconds, the camera pans to the third person viewpoint way too slow after you exit a car. This game plays more like a playstation port, than a pc game, which is terribly disappointing considering the money this franchise has made for the people who could have FIXED this before releasing it, and considering that it's the PC crowd that took them to GTA3 to begin with, it's kind of a slap in the face to those of us who wait the extra (contractual) six months to play the PC version, to get an obviously "made for the consoles" game.
BUT, this I must say is my ONLY complaint with the game. It is literally a magnificent work of pure art, other than the sloppy ported playstation control mechanics.
BTW I have NOT tried turning on "mouse look" yet, if that helps any I'll followup to this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users