Photo

Sound Problems Fix!

7 replies to this topic
QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

I was wondering why the sound was being so unreliable on GTA, then I remembered my soundcard has always been iffy with EAX, so I kinda guessed that was the problem. So I wondered if there were any fake EAX DLLs that I could use to replace the normal one, instead however, I found an old version of EAX on DLL files, and replacing the newer version with this version fixed the problems!
I've uploaded it to my own space so you can download it here:
http://www.jameshansen.com/eax.zip
Just extract eax.dll from the archive into your C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas folder smile.gif

Hopefully it'll work for you guys too!

lordk
  • lordk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

I have almost same problems, the radio shuts down when i'm driving and it's the same in cutscenes, i can't hear the dialogs.
Do you think that this DLL can fix the problem ?

QJimbo
  • QJimbo

With DMA/R* from the beginning :)

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

Try it, it's not a total fix though, the sfx still occasionally go, leaving the radio only working, I think it shows that this DLL is part of the problem though whatever that problem actually is. In GTA:VC you used to be able to enable/disable EAX, it's annoying they've disabled that option.

xFingolfinx
  • xFingolfinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

Didn't help for my Out of Sync/Slow sounds ... Good try though =P

Inserico
  • Inserico

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

Yeh I have this problem with the dialogues as well, its really annoying.

In the beginning, everything was fine but when the mission of how CJ was riding the BMX bike with his gang, like when CJ was getting shot at. From that point on I can't hear Dialogues. Does anyone know why, or can anyone help? colgate.gif

Nebster
  • Nebster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:30 AM

I found the answer to one audio glicth i was experianceing. What would happen was after i saved a loud distorted noise would constantly play. To fix it i just got some drivers for my sound card from www.filefront.com

afterwards everthing worked fine.

lordk
  • lordk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:47 AM

the fix ain't worked for me whatsthat.gif
a patch will come soon i hope

shindogg
  • shindogg

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:32 AM

well, apparently the problem has nothin do with the eax.dll because i tried 3.0.6.5 and i got same problem as before: i cant hear cj speak and speech is muted in cutscenes. but yet, i can hear the radio, pedestrians, cars, etc. i dont know whats goin on, because at one point i had the sounds includin speech workin but now i cant get it the speech to work anymore. i tried adjustin acceleration from full to basic and same problem. if i pick no acceleration i can hear cj's voice but the audio in the cutscenes start late. if i go into regedit and change the device presence from vdm: 1 to 0 i can hear cj but the cutscenes are muted. i dont understand what causes this problem. id like to fix it so i can go back to full sound in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users