» «
Photo

Suggestion: separate xbox and pc boards

4 replies to this topic
jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:20 PM Edited by jools1980, 09 June 2005 - 06:47 PM.

As topic states, it'd make more sense to split those two board. PC forum is soon (already) going to feature lots of hardware, specs, issues, troubleshooting threads, which aren't of any interest to xbox users. Also, gameplay speaking, xbox' version is much more like ps2' than it is to pc'.

just my 2cents.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

I suggested a forum for PC troubleshooting like past GTA games have on these boards... then hardware problems could be dealt with there. Gameplay forum I think should be just about missions and stuff that is the same in all formats of the game...

jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Mxyzptlk @ Jun 9 2005, 19:35)
I suggested a forum for PC troubleshooting like past GTA games have on these boards... then hardware problems could be dealt with there. Gameplay forum I think should be just about missions and stuff that is the same in all formats of the game...

Yeah, kinda. The main difference is that PC use keyboard controls, which really play different from consoles' joypads. You can't press 'hard' or 'soft' on pc like you do on consoles. Also, pc allows for free aiming (headshots galore), so some missions could be carried on quite differently. And, pc supports mods. That's why I suggested that. Anyways, a PC troubleshooting board would be a start.

:)

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

If you're not interested in seeing the PC stuff, don't look?

Also (Even though the majority of the n00bs in those forums probably wouldn't grasp the concept), it'd help to tag topics with [Xbox] or [PC]

jools1980
  • jools1980

Full Metal Jacka$$

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Bigs @ Jun 9 2005, 19:51)
If you're not interested in seeing the PC stuff, don't look?

Also (Even though the majority of the n00bs in those forums probably wouldn't grasp the concept), it'd help to tag topics with [Xbox] or [PC]

I'm a pc user, but I'm thinking about xbox users, who will soon have to browse through dozens of PC threads pages to find the thread they were following...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users