Photo

GTA Games base on...

10 replies to this topic
She_Falls
  • She_Falls

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Ok so GTA Vice City's looks are based pretty much totally on Scarface. And GTA SA has elements of Boyz In The Hood, Menice II Society and a tiny bit from Terminator. But what is GTA3 based on? I cant think of any movie elements in that game.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

Try asking in the GTA3 forums...

soap*
  • soap*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

It's probably most based on The Godfather Trilogy.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

I'm moving this to GTA3 chat, where it will no doubt get a greater response. smile.gif

Nate Baker1
  • Nate Baker1

Back...for a little

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:22 AM

GTA3 is probably based on on godfather like said by soap*.

Mainly because you work for a don and his mafia family.

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:09 AM

GTA 3 has many movies mixed in with it (oh and you forget that several moments from San Andreas were Pulp Fictionish I really don't know where you're getting the Terminator)

The first portion of the game (The portland part) is fairly Godfather based as has been said.

The Staunton portion is a little bit like American Yakuza.

And this one is a shot in the darkness but I kind of see the Shoreside Vale portion as kind of an El Mariachi type thing (One man going against the Cartel)

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

GTA 3 is based on the movies Goodfellas and Heat.

GTA_goD_01
  • GTA_goD_01

Uber_Driver

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:58 PM Edited by GTA_goD_01, 13 June 2005 - 10:01 PM.

she_falls, Vice City isn't based on Scarface, it has a small element of Scarface in it (the one room in the apartment building) and maybe a little more, it's more based on Miami Vice (mainly).
Miami Vice, Vice City: similar, don't you think? what about the undercover cops in the cheetah that come after you once you have a 3-star wanted rating, don't they remind you of someone (two people even) from the Miami Vice film, and what about that 'fastest boat', whose name i can't seem to remember right now.. Squalo?

back on topic.. i'd say Godfather is quite likely, as is Goodfellas.. because look on some of the billboards in SSV and the subway etc.. one advert that springs to mind is Badfellas, which imitates Goodfellas in a way.. so there ya go.

choke the chicken
  • choke the chicken

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (GTA_goD_01 @ Jun 13 2005, 21:58)
she_falls, Vice City isn't based on Scarface, it has a small element of Scarface in it (the one room in the apartment building) and maybe a little more, it's more based on Miami Vice (mainly).
Miami Vice, Vice City: similar, don't you think? what about the undercover cops in the cheetah that come after you once you have a 3-star wanted rating, don't they remind you of someone (two people even) from the Miami Vice film, and what about that 'fastest boat', whose name i can't seem to remember right now.. Squalo?

back on topic.. i'd say Godfather is quite likely, as is Goodfellas.. because look on some of the billboards in SSV and the subway etc.. one advert that springs to mind is Badfellas, which imitates Goodfellas in a way.. so there ya go.

Are you kidding. vice city is based on scarface a lot!. the malabu club= babylon club, the chainsaw apartment room in vice=chainsaw scene in scarface.the last mission is a lot like the end of scarface except you live. tony mntana and tommy are both in the coke buissenus(sp?). In my opinion cortez is moddled after sosa from scarface. both of them are drug lords, and i also think diaz was a lot like tony. go to the officaial vice city website and read diaz's profile. tony and daiz are very simialer.

Dude.
  • Dude.

they peed on my rug

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

GTAIII's soundtrack has a few Scarface songs in it too.

the dude abides

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

All the GTA's were slightly based off the Idea of Scarface...
If you think about it...
You start off as a nobody in a city that is yours for the taking...
By having a small connection you eventually become the most
famous underground murder/thief in the cities history...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users