Photo

Australian Movies/Games Ratings Revision

7 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

From this week onwards there are a new set of ratings or rather the current ratings with new logo's, colours etc for the Australian Movies/Games classifications.

I am pretty sure that no changes have been made to enable R18+ rated games which is disapointing, isntead they have just added pre-school colours to each rating just so the dumb people notice it more.

user posted image
The content is very mild

user posted image
The content is mild

user posted image
The content is moderate in impact

user posted image
The content is strong

user posted image
High level content

user posted image
This classification applies to films that contain only sexually explicit content

Gta Gamer.
  • Gta Gamer.

Jason

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:01 AM Edited by Gta Gamer., 09 June 2005 - 10:05 AM.

I think it's more for the benefit of the retards over at the OFLC (or OLFC, whatever they call themselves but who cares) who haven't been able to distinguish between ratings due to the big words they entail.

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

I don't really see the point in all the colours. I mean, if people want to know why something is rated how it is, they have to pick it up and look closely at the little writing underneath that pic anyways, so the colour idea is a bit silly.

Unless you are looking for a qucik fix of a certain movie and you want to just glance to find out ratings. I think it defeats the purpose presonally. I mean, how hard is it to turn your head and see what it is rated? I know I can read those things from a standing position on the bottom shelf. Weren't the shapes enough?

I think it is a bit of a waste by the Aussie games and movies classification company.
-MDG

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:07 AM Edited by TommyAngelo, 09 June 2005 - 11:09 AM.

This is very much the same besides the colours but now M doesn't have a rating like M15+ Whats up with that?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

I know its not really that much of an improvement, anyone here remember doing the survey where they gave you the designs they had in mind? Well I didn't choose these rainbow ones but rather a black and white one which looks better I think.

cice
  • cice

Ω

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

The colours are purely so that dumb people notice them.

But I heard that this also makes games and movies have the exact same classification system. I don't know if that's true or not, because I didn't care to notice if it was different for games and movies before they did this.

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (TommyAngelo @ Jun 9 2005, 21:07)
This is very much the same besides the colours but now M doesn't have a rating like M15+ Whats up with that?

It's more of a recommendation, whereas MA is more of a legal thing I believe. For instance, you could get an M movie at most ages, but you'd have to show ID or have a parent for MA. That's what I gather from it anyway. Don't think I've ever seen an X rated movie. They're only legal in New South Wales anyway aren't they?

Gta Gamer.
  • Gta Gamer.

Jason

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ Jun 10 2005, 19:21)
Don't think I've ever seen an X rated movie. They're only legal in New South Wales anyway aren't they?

COINCIDENTALLY, it's only the ACT which is COINCIDENTALLY the place politicians frequent.

I think.

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Mafia Drive Gunner @ Jun 9 2005, 20:02)
I think it is a bit of a waste by the Aussie games and movies classification company.

They have to do stuff like this to keep them busy. Looking at pRon movies, "deciding what to rate" them must have gotten a bit worn out. They will soon be back to doing what they do best.
Not much that a 18 year old guy can do. confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users