Photo

default.ide question

5 replies to this topic
Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:37 AM

i opened the default.ide which usually holds the car wheel number and size but that part seems to be missing in the sa version.
can anyone tell me where they are now located?

also out of curiosity,
any word on a new edition of the dmagic1 wheel mod?
or if vice car models are compatible with sa.
i remember only the reflection map was the difference between 3 and vice.

thanx in advance for the help. smile.gif

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

oooo, i got confused with this too

the default.ide dosent contain the wheel sizes anymore, they are in the vehicles.ide

take alook at it in the models/generic folder, i beleve the last digits on the lines for each of the cars are the wheel sizes, like how they were in VC

hope that helps!

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:13 AM

awesome thanx for the info man, helps alot.

sent you a present for the help,
check ur email. wink.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:02 AM

i actually answered this somewhere else too..

So the question im running through my head is will we need another Dmagic Wheel Mod? By the looks of it we possibly wont.

no; the wheel system in SA is actually very similar to the dmagic wheelmod in that the wheels are included with the car model - no more wheels.dff, but instead of making 4 rims, you just make one, and put it under the wheel_rf dummy in the hierarchy, and the game will automatically put it wherever you have a wheel dummy on the car.

Pros - no external files, less confusion, less geometry
Cons - unlike the dmagic wheelmod, the game will NOT scale your wheel model - you'll have to scale it correctly yourself, so it matches the size listed in your vehicles.ide.

bonus - there are now 2 wheel scale values, one for the front wheels, and one for the back. so if you had a hotrod, with tall, wide rear wheels, and short, skinny front wheels, you can reproduce it faithfully, and it will look and act right ingame.

err....[/informative speech]

Vice and Gta3 Car models are not compatible with SA right out of the box, they need to be converted, and its not possible to fully convert a model yet. nor is it possible to rebuild the img.

silver007
  • silver007

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Jun 8 2005, 22:02)
i actually answered this somewhere else too..

So the question im running through my head is will we need another Dmagic Wheel Mod? By the looks of it we possibly wont.

no; the wheel system in SA is actually very similar to the dmagic wheelmod in that the wheels are included with the car model - no more wheels.dff, but instead of making 4 rims, you just make one, and put it under the wheel_rf dummy in the hierarchy, and the game will automatically put it wherever you have a wheel dummy on the car.

Pros - no external files, less confusion, less geometry
Cons - unlike the dmagic wheelmod, the game will NOT scale your wheel model - you'll have to scale it correctly yourself, so it matches the size listed in your vehicles.ide.

bonus - there are now 2 wheel scale values, one for the front wheels, and one for the back. so if you had a hotrod, with tall, wide rear wheels, and short, skinny front wheels, you can reproduce it faithfully, and it will look and act right ingame.

err....[/informative speech]

Vice and Gta3 Car models are not compatible with SA right out of the box, they need to be converted, and its not possible to fully convert a model yet. nor is it possible to rebuild the img.

Ahh so you are right

451, turismo, turismo, car, TURISMO, TURISMO, null, executive, 4, 0, 0, -1, 0.7, 0.75, 0

numbers in bold are the 2 wheel sizes

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:02 PM Edited by Sharkey, 09 June 2005 - 10:41 PM.

well thats cool how you can have different wheel sizes.

i used to try and jack up the back of the muscle cars models i had for vice but it made them handle quite squirrely.
good news, thanx again for the help and info, both of you. smile.gif

take alook at it in the models/generic folder

just a quick correction though,
the vehicles .ide is in the data folder.

EDIT: another question, which number is the wheel type.
i want to put the campers mags on a bobcat.
i looked and its called wheelmodel id, but i can figure out which number it is.

also which number represents the rear wheels,
the first or second set?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users