• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:44 AM

Does anyone have a list of the default PC controls? Thanks

psilontech
  • psilontech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:09 AM

I'm assuming its the standard WASD, Mouse, Left-click shoot, Scroll Weapon Change, C = Crouch kind of deal.

Fluffyinsanity
  • Fluffyinsanity

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:22 AM

I think the controls are different from what we are used to. From what I've read the PC version's way of control is "consolish." You can look around with the mouse but it's different, instead of it moving you in the direction you want to go, it just flies around CJ or the vehicle he's driving. And you have to use right click to initiate auto-aim or free-aim.

I'm not positive on this, I'm just guessing and I am probably wrong.

Rokas[LTU]
  • Rokas[LTU]

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Fluffyinsanity @ Jun 7 2005, 05:22)
I think the controls are different from what we are used to. From what I've read the PC version's way of control is "consolish." You can look around with the mouse but it's different, instead of it moving you in the direction you want to go, it just flies around CJ or the vehicle he's driving. And you have to use right click to initiate auto-aim or free-aim.

I'm not positive on this, I'm just guessing and I am probably wrong.

If it's true, it will be sh*t...

P.S. Contorls, i mean..

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:34 AM

The PC version better not have auto-aim, i'm not some n00b who can't line a dot up with a big bunch of dots ffs. I don't like the sound of this camera going round, but hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:43 AM Edited by GTAGuy, 07 June 2005 - 09:49 AM.

I think he means that you have to hold down a mouse button for CJ to bring up his gun, and then you can aim with the mouse and fire. I think one reason for the large change in the controls is the ability to move while firing many of the weapons when you get hitman level. and from the PS2 videos I've seen, you have to have the gun up before you start shooting, unless it is a light weapon like a pistol or micro smg. In VC, when firing the M4, for example, Tommy would have to bring up the gun, and then fire, and then when you stop firing, he brings it down. Such a long process, and such a long time to take to fire a gun in bursts. In SA, I'm thinking you can keep the gun held up with the "aim" button, so you can burst fire without having to take the gun back down and such as in VC. I'm pretty sure this same principal applied to the PS2 version as well, only with autoaiming instead of mouse aiming in aim mode.
I noticed in one of the PC Powerplay movies that if you don't have this "aim" button held down, CJ will sort of hold his gun up and shoot it into the air or something. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out when we get it. If it is different from VC, I will be more than willing to get used to it smile.gif
I'f I'm not making much sense, then I'm sorry. It's 5:50AM, I just woke up, and I have to go to work soon. I won't be getting SA today until around 8:00
cry.gif

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

*Not happy*

If R* have made this game into a badly done port (in terms of controls) i'm gonna cry.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

As if you can't change the controls for the most part?

Edit: Unless we're talking just about the aiming. It sounds great to me. Feels more like Mafia PC.

Bilko
  • Bilko

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

This isn't about one control being defaultly defined wrong mate, this is a whole new system of shooting. From what I gather you need to press a button (Probably right-click) to get control of your gun to aim :S

Now this may or may not turn out to be a good thing, i'd love to hear what people who have the game think about the new combat style.

Beretta
  • Beretta

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Bilko @ Jun 7 2005, 09:34)
The PC version better not have auto-aim, i'm not some n00b who can't line a dot up with a big bunch of dots ffs. I don't like the sound of this camera going round, but hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds.

In the PC Powerplay movie, the camera didn't move around CJ, it was just like old GTAs, where camera was fixed behind CJ and moving the mouse made crosshair move.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Gah I gotta learn to finalize my posts before I post them. After like 100 edits I think I finally have want I want to say in my post above ^^^

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, that's what I figured later on in my post. It actually feels more realistic. I mean, in real life, if one of us was walking down the street with an AK-47. You'd pull the trigger depending how you were holding it, you'd either go flying backwards or shooting to the side like a mad man. You'd need to assume perfect control of the rifle so you could aim, then shoot. It feels a lot more realistic now. Besides, only takes one second of shots for someone to fall victim to an AK in the game.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:23 AM

Notice that in the PC PowerPlay footage they used a joystick and a keyboard. I think that it's kind of same as in VC Classical and Normal controls.

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

Auto-aiming is more realistic fighting and better then go into 1st person view to rob a store or just aim the crosshair at it like in VC PC.

gibberd
  • gibberd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

buy a ps2 controller adapter u plug in ya pc, it is alot better and u can use the same buttons as u can on the ps2 san andreas. i got 1 and it only cost me 10 well worth it 2.
jus gotta w8 for gta now lol

Major_Ace
  • Major_Ace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

I hate to be the berrer of bad news, trust me i wish it wasnt true and it has been pissing me off since i got the game last night.

The camera does go around cj, only while he's standing still unfortunatly this does conflict while he is shooting and moving and sometimes he turns around looking at YOU the user while being shot at, I dont know why r* made it like this but i hope someone mods the game to wor klike the classics because some of these new control styles are very frustrating, read my thread about the stupid things r* added, i mean once you get used to its...so so... but its still makes you feel like you cant get a good grip , its not exactly a good feeling let me tell you.

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hey Ace, I have a question about the controls that has been bugging me for awhile but I never asked.

Do we have analog control over CJ walking now? What I mean is, unless we used a joystick, with GTAIII and VC we could only press the "forward" button and he would go into a jog. Are there keys now that let us walk slowly? Because if not, How the heck are we going to do house robberies? If you sneak too fast, you're DONE! Did Rockstar think of this and give us a way to walk and sneak slowly this time around? Or do we have to use a joystick for that analog control?

Thanks!

Major_Ace
  • Major_Ace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Manly5000 @ Jun 7 2005, 17:57)
Hey Ace, I have a question about the controls that has been bugging me for awhile but I never asked.

Do we have analog control over CJ walking now? What I mean is, unless we used a joystick, with GTAIII and VC we could only press the "forward" button and he would go into a jog. Are there keys now that let us walk slowly? Because if not, How the heck are we going to do house robberies? If you sneak too fast, you're DONE! Did Rockstar think of this and give us a way to walk and sneak slowly this time around? Or do we have to use a joystick for that analog control?

Thanks!

I think i know the answer to this one, I assume when you do burgerly's it goes into a mini mission setting am i right? Well I just did the mission last night where you had to rob some old army guy and steal crates from his house.

Usually you can press c to crouch and be quiet but in this case that was too loud so there was a new sneak but for some reason it only worked in the mission, it said at the top left to use alt and carl walked very quietly and slowly.

To walk i believe there is a key you have to hold you can configure to make carl walk.

ateoto
  • ateoto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:39 PM Edited by ateoto, 07 June 2005 - 06:44 PM.

Default PC Controls

Foot Controls:

Fire ........................................Left Mouse Button/ Left Control / Number Pad 0
Next Weapon/Target.................Mouse Wheel Down / Enter / E
Previous Weapon/Target...........Mouse Wheel Up / Number Pad . / Q
Group CTRL Forward ...............G
Group CTRL Back ...................H
Conversation No .....................N
Conversation Yes ....................Y
Forward ................................W / Up
Backward ..............................S / Down
Left .......................................A / Left
Right .....................................D / Right
Zoom In ................................Mouse Wheel Up / PgUP / X
Zoom Out .............................Mouse Wheel Down / PgDN / Z
Enter + Exit ..........................Return / F
Change Camera ...................V / Home
Jump ....................................Left Shift /Right Control
Sprint ...................................Space
Aim Weapon.......................... Right Mouse Button / Caps Lock / DEL
Crouch ..................................C
Action ....................................Tab
Walk .....................................Left Alt
Look Behind .........................Middle Mouse Button / Number Pad 1

Vehicle Controls:

Fire ......................................Left Mouse Button / Left Alt /Right Control
Secondary Fire ......................Number Pad 0 / Left Control
Accelerate ............................W
Brake/Reverse ......................S
Left.......................................A / Left
Right ....................................D / Right
Steer Forward/Down .............Up
Steer Back/Up ......................Down
Enter + Exit ..........................Return / F
Trip Skip ..............................Y
Next Radio Station ................Mouse Wheel Up / 4 / INS
Previous Radio Station ..........Mouse Wheel Down / R / DEL
User Track Skip ....................FS <------ Anyone know what that is?
Horn ...................................Caps Lock / H
Sub-Mission .........................Number Pad + / 2
Handbrake ...........................Space / Right Control
Look Behind ........................Middle Mouse Button / Q + E
Mouse Look .........................Right Mouse Button
Look Left ............................Q
Look Right ..........................E
Special Control Left .............Number Pad 4
Special COntrol Right ..........Number Pad 6
Special Control Up ..............Number Pad 8 / DEL
Special Conrtol Down ..........Number Pad 2 / END

Rokas[LTU]
  • Rokas[LTU]

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

Jump ....................................Left Shift /Right Control
Sprint ...................................Space

OMG die.gif

Roller
  • Roller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:17 PM

The controls are great exept the sprint and jump...can you change this?
and I got used to enter vehicles with enter.

NTK
  • NTK

I bet i die more then you!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

Now i gotta memorise all the controls again *bonks head on table*

ateoto
  • ateoto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:31 PM

@Roller:

Yeah those are just the defaults...no idea why they switched those two. But you can just switch them back. Yay, Only One and a half hours until I can go play.

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for posting the list of controls. It's nice to know we actually have a WALK key now!! colgate.gif So many times I just wanted to go for a leisurely stroll in GTAIII and Vice, but couldnt... Now I can!!!

Hmmm, I wonder how long it'll take me to walk across the whole state...? tounge.gif

Dirk Temporo
  • Dirk Temporo

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

Yeah. From what I'm hearing, the controls suck. It sounds EXTREMELY frustrating. I want to point and click, damn it! That's the entire point of buying it on PC!

Someone had better make a mod that makes the aim/shoot system the way it was in 3 and VC.

Skyline_man
  • Skyline_man

GTA V!!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, where is the nitrous buttom notify.gif ?

Kas Valentine
  • Kas Valentine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:04 PM Edited by Kas Valentine, 07 June 2005 - 09:52 PM.

Good point Skyline, maybe it's the sprint key...? Just a guess of course. smile.gif

And for the person wondering what trip skip is I think it's for skipping the journey when you buy plane or train tickets somewhere. biggrin.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:09 PM

i just isntalled san andreas, and i have a logitec cordless rumblepad. and i didnt have to do a thing, the buttons are set up EXACTLY like the ps2 version. i am in heaven biggrin.gif

Veg
  • Veg

Bulletproof

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (SIP_YEK_NOD @ Jun 7 2005, 21:09)
i just isntalled san andreas, and i have a logitec cordless rumblepad. and i didnt have to do a thing, the buttons are set up EXACTLY like the ps2 version. i am in heaven biggrin.gif

Nice!
Have that pad too wink.gif

joebob5
  • joebob5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (King Kapone @ Jun 7 2005, 09:47)
As if you can't change the controls for the most part?

Edit: Unless we're talking just about the aiming. It sounds great to me. Feels more like Mafia PC.

No Mafia had a locked behind camera. From what I've been reading, the left and right or a&d keys are no longer for strafing but for turning when on foot. I heard there is no strafing. blink.gif Instead of simply moving the mouse to turn charcter and camera, the mouse now only moves the camera.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users