» «
Photo

GTA San Andreas CCC

126 replies to this topic
Lunik
  • Lunik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:14 PM Edited by Lunik, 09 June 2005 - 11:21 AM.

user posted image
Modeler's :
Harlequin
123ABC
Gamepad
GTA AURON
Stefaan
Greengiant

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

oooh, I guess I'll enter, but as usual I bet I drop out smile.gif .

Methinks it shold be 1960-1992 also smile.gif but thats cause at the beginning i'd like to keep SA realistic smile.gif f*cking post wrappers!

Rokas[LTU]
  • Rokas[LTU]

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jun 6 2005, 13:22)

Methinks it shold be 1960-1992 also smile.gif but thats cause at the beginning i'd like to keep SA realistic smile.gif

Agree.

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

Make it 1950 to whenever. The hermes and hustler are before the 60's. Same with a couple other cars.

I'll enter in it if the year limit is 1950, because I started on something last night.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:03 PM

granted the game comes out tomorrow, but i think this is to early due to one main reason.

we dont know how to get cars in/out of SanAn yet, and until the tools are availible all we can do is model them. but for ingame models, i dont think we'll have that for another month or so.

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

Cranck up the maximum allowed pollycount and size down the max allowed txd size.. then i'll enter..

It isn't the pollycount that lags your computer.. but texturesizes.

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

sh*t, I just noticed. You spelled competition wrong in the banner. lol

HarLequiN
  • HarLequiN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:14 PM

9k max. Polies???Whoah, that counts me out!!!
No, I'd love to join, but 9k? Come on, 15k is optimum, I think. Even the slowest PC will handle that PC! But well, if it's 9k, good. I don't have to built so much then, saves enormous amount of time!!!

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

Tis a good point....SA has better graphics than VC, so why should our cars be the same? After all you can texture SA style cars to make em look great with just a 128x128 doorpanel texture and another for lights n stuff, or of course you could model it all hehe tounge.gif .

Also as Stef says, although SA can run on a PS2 it should be fine on a PC, I'm sure people will be wanting better looking graphics than having some supersize textures that require the graphics quality to be lowered (Hell some of us are still using below 64MB graphics cards! tounge.gif ) f*cking post wrappers!

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

polycount also slows down your pc...but agreed, texes also do a lot of damage too...so Lu, please make the txd filesize a bit lower..i suggest 1,5 mb should be enough

also...make sure you keep it under 9000 and use the poly's well for i'll dig into the models to judge them tounge.gif

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:30 PM

I hope you do realise that pollys are all calculations and well are done by your processor. A lot of people have processors that can render a lot of pollies.. it doesn't take a supergood processor to render a lot of pollies...

But the textures are rendered by your GPU or the graphics card. And this is the departement where a lot of people are lacking.

So i would suggest put the pollycount at 18000 (10000 for the body and stuff, and then 4*2000 for the wheels) and txd at 1.5 mb... I know 18000 is a lot for most of the people.. but it gives a bit of breathing room for the people that like to put more detail in their models. Because really.. forcing yourself to model low polly isn't really necessary because the engine can handle it and so does your computer.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

Indeed, after all This is SA and with no GTA release spotted on the horizon yet for the PS3, SA is all thats gonna be around for a while tounge.gif

I mean, for example, I run a Athlon XP 3000+ on here, good for number crunching, but I also use a 64MB POS Gcard. Now, I made a 787B a long time ago that had an all up polycount of 26,000 odd by the end (and looked poo), but only 1 1024x1024 texture for the whole model, which when in .txd format wasn't very big at all. Now my PC could run this, cause although the polycount was high, the textures werent exactly challenging (i guess the texture only used about..hmmm say 200 odd colours too) f*cking post wrappers!

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

yes, but the challenge is to model loads of detail with less poly's, look at the cars sin and yazu make, or even look at the golf i'm making...you can model good wheels for around 500 poly's, cables in your enginebay take like 6 poly's each...

spend them well and win biggrin.gif

9k will do (unless Lu decides different, wich i hope not).

(help, they are teaming up on me, Lu, come online smile.gif )

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

Why limit yourself when your PC can handle it? I mean why not make those wires 20 polys and actually make em curve? tounge.gif I mean PCs of today can play Farcry on highest settings rather well, so why can't we produce Farcry like graphics eh? f*cking post wrappers!

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (bjiz @ Jun 6 2005, 16:40)
yes, but the challenge is to model loads of detail with less poly's, look at the cars sin and yazu make, or even look at the golf i'm making...you can model good wheels for around 500 poly's, cables in your enginebay take like 6 poly's each...

spend them well and win biggrin.gif

9k will do (unless Lu decides different, wich i hope not).

(help, they are teaming up on me, Lu, come online smile.gif )

Sure.. YOU can use 9k.. but some other people who would like to enter use a lot more pollies and have a different way of modeling.. like HarLequiN.. i'm just saying that lunik should raise the pollybar a bit to give more people a chance to enter this contest. And you know 9k is pretty low for some people.. Like me. Wheels bite a huge chunk out of the pollycount. And I know you can make 500 polly rims.. but not everybody likes 500 polly rims..

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jun 6 2005, 14:44)
Why limit yourself when your PC can handle it? I mean why not make those wires 20 polys and actually make em curve? tounge.gif I mean PCs of today can play Farcry on highest settings rather well, so why can't we produce Farcry like graphics eh? f*cking post wrappers!

because i'm a judge and my pc can't run farcry on the highest settings, i can hardly play it on the lowest biggrin.gif

nah, maybe my laptop can biggrin.gif

i'll leave it to Lu ok? still, if the polycount raises, be sure to use them very well biggrin.gif I hate polywaste, so don't make flat bits with 5 poly's

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

Are you gonna be the ONLY judge? I mean if your PC isn't up to playing models well surely it should mean you shouldn't judge? No offence but a judge really does need a good test bed to use smile.gif Hence why I've never asked to be a judge. f*cking post wrappers!

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (bjiz @ Jun 6 2005, 16:49)
QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jun 6 2005, 14:44)

because i'm a judge and my pc can't run farcry on the highest settings, i can hardly play it on the lowest biggrin.gif

nah, maybe my laptop can biggrin.gif

i'll leave it to Lu ok? still, if the polycount raises, be sure to use them very well biggrin.gif I hate polywaste, so don't make flat bits with 5 poly's

Flat bits with 5 pollies are there probably to make reflections and the normals work better..

Oi.. just wondering.. are you a judge by default or something? Oh and another thing.. i saw you posted that you're going to look into everybodys wireframe and stuff.. what makes you the authority on pollyplacement? Did you went to the college of perfect pollyplacement? oh noes..

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

what makes you the authority on pollyplacement? Did you went to the college of perfect pollyplacement? oh noes..

i think every modeler with a bit of experience can see if a wireframe is good or if it has loads of waste, besides that i'll probably won't be the only judge...

Oi.. just wondering.. are you a judge by default or something?

Lu asked me,so i guess he trusts my judgement (that also applies to the first quote)

Flat bits with 5 pollies are there probably to make reflections and the normals work better..

just detach...

lay off man, chill out, relax, drink a beer or something, slow down on the coffee etc.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

Sometimes detaching in that situation will make yer model look worse tounge.gif day for example You've just modelled a lovely compund curve, and the next bit for some odd reason is completely flat. You can't just save polys like that it'll look sh*t tounge.gif

Still, I think its pretty obvious everyone wants polycount raised and texture size lowered. After all i think its about time we had a compo with a decent poly limit tounge.gif f*cking post wrappers!

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

Alright, I'm all for upping the poly count. But to make you guys happy, lets take the number in the middle of 18000 and 9000, shall we?

13500 sounds about good, with a 1.7 mb txd. smile.gif lol

Settle down guys, no need to get all worked up over this. We have plenty of time to work out details and what not.

Lunik
  • Lunik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

Okay okay......
Polylimit is noch 9k - 16k thats enough i think so.
TXD Filesize is noch 1mb-3mb
Caryears :1940 - 1999
Okay and here some people for judgement:
Bjiz
Sin *if he want*
GTA Freak 20003*if he want*
GT 1 *if he want*

lu....

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

Sounds good. Ill be in this one. biggrin.gif

HarLequiN
  • HarLequiN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

16k? Well, I guess then that counts me in too! biggrin.gif

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

I'm in, but what's the idea, make a car that looks like it fits in SA? Or just any old car, any old style? If it's the former, can someone post the generic, lights, body textures, all that shiz?

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (JJHW @ Jun 6 2005, 16:18)
I'm in, but what's the idea, make a car that looks like it fits in SA? Or just any old car, any old style? If it's the former, can someone post the generic, lights, body textures, all that shiz?

It can be any style you want I beleve.....

Lunik
  • Lunik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (123abc @ Jun 6 2005, 16:19)
QUOTE (JJHW @ Jun 6 2005, 16:18)

It can be any style you want I beleve.....

Thats right....

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

I'm in too.. thanks for listening smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

Aye I'm in too...now to find summin to make! f*cking post wrappers!

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:50 PM

Link
The .zip includes SA textures such as vehiclegeneric256, the refmap, bodytexture, lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users