Photo

Graphic Question

2 replies to this topic
cion
  • cion

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

While I'm playing Vice city, my buildings details flash in and out. It will go from very detailed to a simple looking building block. The trees flash in and out. It seems to happen a lot more by the beach area of Vice down by the strip and Cortez boat dock. Is this a graphic card issue, frame rate issue or what? Please let me know so I can do something...it's driving me crazy.

Now this doesn't happen ALL the time, but it does happen enough. I know it isn't my CPU I'm running a 2.81 Ghz P4 and 1gig Ram, but I don't know if I have a cheap video card. Could this be the problem, or is this something that has happen to you?

Thanks!
Cion'

poemihai
  • poemihai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE YOU HERE IS HOW TO FIX IT

FIRST YOU MUST FIND A PROGRAM CALLED

<LIMIT ADJUSTER>

SECOND: RUN THE PROGRAM AND MODIFI THE STREAMING MEMORI ABOUT 100

NOW RUN THE GAME AND SEE THE DIFERENCE

p.s.: IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE PROGRAM SEND ME AN E-MAIL OR TRY SEARCING FOR A DOWNLOAD CALLED <O_F_A UPDATE>

xmas.gif GOD LUCK!

Sharkey
  • Sharkey

Invisible

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

yeah i used to have the same problem with my vice,
actually i still do.

it looks like that because the game is using the _lod textures which are only used viewing from afar like say you were in a heli and looking at the ground.

its suppose to load up the regular textures as you get closer to the objects but sometimes doesnt alsways load them at all.

i contribute my problem to having way too many edited textures in the gta3.img alot that arent really meant to be used.
so pretty much i blame it on myself but id still like to have a solution without uninstalling all my mods.

maybe ill give that limiter program a try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users