Photo

Attachment image next to topic title

7 replies to this topic
Enano
  • Enano

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:21 AM

I've seen this in a few forums. I would like to have a little image like this user posted image, or this user posted image next to the title on topics that have images (obviously with the exception of the signature). This way you know when a topic has an image inside before opening it. I don't know how easy it is to install, but I guess this is a good place for people to give ideas about how to do it.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:50 AM

I believe what your referring to is that some forums let users upload images to the actual forums and this is where that little icon comes from.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, those are presented on some forums when a user uploads a file to the server via the forum (considering uploading permissions are endorsed). To my knowledge there are no IPB mods (at least publically) that allows you to show whether or not a topic has images in some of its posts. Wouldn't it be a friendlier environment if GTA Forums allowed uploading? sad.gif

Enano
  • Enano

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:01 AM

I mean this: http://forums.macrum...isplay.php?f=69 Note that some topics have a paper click to the right of the title, next to the rating stars, etc.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:16 AM

That's because in the files that have the paper clip icons to the right of them are topics in which one of the users of that forum have uploaded (directly to the server, not linked-to, and not using [IMG] tags) files of some sort (mostly images from what I can see). Unlike that forum that you've provided a link to, GTA Forums does not allow users to upload files to the server (which is quite obviousley a different story than linking to a file on another server or using the [IMG] tags to show an image (not upload it).

Enano
  • Enano

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

I don't really care if it's uploaded to the forum's server or not, I was just hoping to have this feature on any topic in which an image is included.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (enano275 @ Jun 3 2005, 22:21)
I don't really care if it's uploaded to the forum's server or not, I was just hoping to have this feature on any topic in which an image is included.

You don't care?

OMG, then perhaps we should make it cause... you don't care!

The problem is that it will be too hard and mainly annoying to do.

Though it can't easily be done, but I don't want to share how with you.

In my opinion it seems rather useless.

Could be done, but useless. If you're really that scared about images, then use a text based browser, like Lynx.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

You can usually guess which topics have images, for example, you expect them in the graphics sections, and in the screenshots topic for San Andreas.
This is rather useless. - Luke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users